Alfa... just...

AMT

...Mmmm. There are cars out there with more luxury, bigger size, some with more power, some 1/4 angles from the front may not even look the best but my god its a damn good looking car. Apparently this vid is of the sound...but you don't hear much of that, but immediately its miles better looking than ANY saloon I've seen out, it just somehow works in its short stout looking little way. Pretty and aggressive at the same time, a nice follow up to the 159.

What do we think? (say a BMW, Merc etc is prettier and you need a slap :lol: .. one of my mates thinks a C class or S class is nicer, I said smooth and big does not mean pretty...lol)

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

Front is a bit of a mess, at least in that colour. Looked nicer in the red in the early pics!

Backend looks like a Maser GT, no bad thing at all. Just needs to drive well now. Knowing Alfa, what could possibly go wrong...?

New C-Class looks dreadful, all blobby and saggy. F80 looks okay, but it's not exactly the most exciting car to look at either.

• Like 1

I really like the look of that and the sound from the exhausts/engine is lovely. :in_love:

The only things I don't really like are the alloys (you could change them though) and those wing vents.

I think the front end of that car has a great aggressive look to it imo, ...looks pretty mean, almost pi**ed off. :D:evil:

I do agree the front is a bit.....BIG but I think it would grow on you. Overall its (..I) think a fantastic looking thing. You may have a point on the wheels, on pictures I thought they look a bit small but its a case (looking at that video anyway) that theres too much 'dished rim' maybe or the fact the spokes are not thick enough. Some pretty 5 spokes would look good on it and a nice 'indented' dish set for the rear. Hopefully get one on some of the car youtube channels soon to see what its like... although maybe not from some of the stuff I've been reading - Alfa putting dates back etc

Edited by AMT

Got a 159 myself and love it. Get so many compliments especially the interior. Love the fact it's got bags of power yet I can get 600 miles from a tank and I'm not shy to "cruise" (2.4 JTDM).

Love the front end of that Alfa, man that's dead angry, lights finish the aggression off nicely. Looks a bit BMW'esq from the side, but for the most time people will see the rear of that thing.

As above spokes look super thin, just shows how clever engineering is these days to keep you safe, well if hope so anyway.

If that thing can return 40mpg I'll take one and sell both the Alfa and Zed. Oh well that dream lasted all of 3 seconds.

Nice though, I like it.

• Like 1

I must admit interiors of old Alfas haven't excited me. Nearly bought a GT before the Z (glad I didn't) and nearly a Brera, but was I hell paying for so much for such a slow car and again... theres something about its interior I just don't like (despite most people saying their great). I'm weird maybe. lol Think it was to do with the sqaure stereo etc being placed onto a silver dash... just looked 'plonked' on their.

About to buy the missus a guilletta 1.4, 170bhp, anyone got any experience of these?

We've got a 1.6 derv. Cracking car. I believe the 1.4 is very good as well but as always service history is a must.

Alfas are really sensitive to oil changes etc.

We had one in the other day that wouldn't start. Turned out it had immobilised itself because the oil life had run to 'zero' and it needed a service.

Never heard of that before but there it is!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

About to buy the missus a guilletta 1.4, 170bhp, anyone got any experience of these?

We've got a 1.6 derv. Cracking car. I believe the 1.4 is very good as well but as always service history is a must.

We had one in the other day that wouldn't start. Turned out it had immobilised itself because the oil life had run to 'zero' and it needed a service.

Is it right that new Alfas are shipped with just a small amount of oil and it is down to the dealers to add oil to the correct level on arrival?

That was a line my son was told when he found very low oil in his new Alfa about 5 years back.

Is it right that new Alfas are shipped with just a small amount of oil and it is down to the dealers to add oil to the correct level on arrival?

That was a line my son was told when he found very low oil in his new Alfa about 5 years back.

Not sure on that one bud. I'd say they'd be crackers to do it though......asking for a knackered engine given that most folk don't know how to even check the oil