Newbie just taken the plunge

Greetings all.

Have just signed to swap my beemer for a 350z... will be going to pick it up shortly.

It's an '05 GT, in Gunmetal grey, only 43000 miles and in fabulous condition.

Having spent the last 10 years in various sporty beemers, the 350z is going to take some getting used to... the noise and "involving" driving experience are most welcome, as the beemers have been a bit over-refined and sanitized.

Couple of things on the hitlist:

- get some genuine Rays alloys (or very high quality replicas, if such a thing exists)

- swap the headunit for something with MP3/USB and bluetooth (already read a few threads on this forum about this)

Pics will have to wait until a) I actually get the thing and B) it stops raining.

Looking forward to picking your collective brains!

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Welcome!

:worthless:

Yeah yeah, I'm working on it ;)

:wave: genuine Rays come up on this forum now and again ... don't know of any replicas I'm afraid

You lot work quick... someone's already message me offering a lovely looking set of Rays refurbished in anthracite... would look MEAN on my gunmetal z.

GappySmeg - how did that come about ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was always my gamer name from decades ago... my initials are GAP, but the exact origins of GappySmeg are sadly lost in the mist of time.

Just arrived home with the beast... total hoot to drive, and feels in fantastic condition, totally solid, cannot believe how lucky I am. Couple of minor issues to sort:

- passenger side window doesn't drop when opening the door... drivers one does... I will have a search of the forum as I'm sure it's relatively common

- CD player skips... I understand this is common too... not too fussed about it as I intend to fit an MP3/USB/Bluetooth headunit

- the owners manual has gone missing! Can reproductions be had from anywhere?!?