Hello!

Hey everyone! Just a quick one to say hi!

My name's Angus and I'm from B'ham in the West Midlands... Although I spend most of my time "oop North" in Durham where I study!

Unfortunately not a zed owner (yet), but have a fairly interesting car history for my age... or so I'm told! Previous cars to date include a lovely old Austin Mini (first car/love, which I basically built up from scratch and still have luckily!), a joint owned Triumph TR6 (again part of an ongoing re-build project), a Porsche 924 (owned and restored breifly but then sold) and then a sensible old honda civic family car (which makes a nice change from the rusty minis and TRs, and actually works!!)

Hopefully this summer (or maybe sooner, who knows!) I will manage to find myself a good 350z! (Ever since driving a mate of mine's last year, and seeing how surprisingly affordable they are, considering the amount of car you get for your money, I have dreamed of owning one!)

Although originally I did look into the original Zed, the 240, but they are coming so few and far between now days that even a wreck would set me back more than a 350z, although I would absolutely love to try and restore (or at least own) the original fairlady one day, I feel I will have to wait until I can earn a little bit more money however!

Anyway back to the 350! Yeah basically going to be religiously checking the usuals; autotrader/piston heads/ebay etc. everyday and hopefully go and check some out until I manage to find myself one! So thought I would come and quickly say hi, as one of my favourite parts of "proper" car ownership is the owners clubs (already being a member of the 924 owners club, classic Mini owners club, and Triumph club).

So yeah! Can't wait to get into zed ownership and then try and get myself along to some of the meets to meet you guys!

Sorry for all the text!

Gus

P.S

If you guys are anything like the other owners clubs you'll all love pictures! So I'll happily upload some pictures of the Triumphs, Minis and 924s I've owned/own/restored... I just thought I'd ask first to see if there was any interest, as afterall, this is a 350z club and not an old British Leyland club! I'm afraid this is the best I can offer until I get a 350!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Angus. :welcome:

Definitely would love to see some pictures of your old motors. I used to work for a classic car restorers so do like the old school motors. B)

You could also post them in the "Memory lane" car thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23174-memory-lane-post-up-your-old-car-pics-here/page__st__360

;)

Welcome aboard Angus. :welcome:

Definitely would love to see some pictures of your old motors. I used to work for a classic car restorers so do like the old school motors. B)

You could also post them in the "Memory lane" car thread: http://www.350z-uk.c...e/page__st__360

;)

Thanks for all the messages guys!

(Have just posted the old'uns in the post above if anyone's interested!)

Hello and welcome buddy. Any idea of budget yet, as any members that may be looking to change in the Spring, could give you a shout.

Hi mate! Oh that would be awesome! I always feel so so much happier buying from owners clubs for the obvious reasons!

Umm basically looking around for a pre '55 plate (so as to avoid the tax hike, as insurance is already a small fortune for me), then ideally around the £4500 mark.. So I don't really mind a slightly higher milage as I appreciate that it's near the bottom of the price range.

Although a second option, if the right car was to become available... I would be extremely tempted to sell the other cars (which don't get used a great deal anymore anyway) which would put my budget somewhere up around in the £6k bracket. So yeah keeping my options open really, and just treating each car individually... But if a fairly decent one came up around £4500 I would probably end up snapping it up almost straight away :teeth: And distance wouldn't be an issue (within reason haha).

But yeah I'll be keeping my eyes open on the forums and the usual listing sights now anyway, but if someone on here fancies a change and could give me a shout then that would be absolutely perfect!!

Cheers again guys

• 3 weeks later...