Clinging onto the Z with finger nails

Pritchard

Bit of a rant really. i want to be trawling through the Engine and Tuning section and getting ready for more power and next years shows.

unfortunately, not. i cant find (or risk!) the motivation

just moved into out first house (after renting for a few years) and managed to just about escape not selling the car and postponed it long enough to save some deposit. brilliant.

but i think the missus had it in her head that the car would have to go for me to get a deposit, so now that idea is stuck there. Shes quite merrily trumping around in the couple-of-year-old TT, but thats ok because its diesel (if only forums could have an annotation for ''that was major sarcasm!'').

so apparently i now need to get a car that is cheaper to run and more practical. its a big hint at a room for a baby seat lets be honest.

ive spent alot of time looking at long term storage, but that its not financially practical for the storage or for the fact i would like to use it a few times a year, the second insurance would be a killer, for example. as you can probably tell i didnt get a garage with the house!

has anyone gone a conversion on a Z yet to make it a 4-seater? surely that rear strut can be replaced.

so yea. not enjoying driving the Z at the moment, mainly because i feel its a relationship thats about to expire. which doesnt really help me justify in my on head why i should keep it.

I have a Nissan 350GT that might be for sale...

Rear seats have ISO points and happily accommodate kid stuff.

Huge rear boot, rear seats also fold down too.

It's last loaded outing was for my sisters wedding, all in we had:

Travel cot, Out'n'about buggy, steriliser, suitcase, baby, missus, ton of presents, suit, dresses, kid stuff, stair gate... etc. pretty comfy :)

All 350GT's are imports, took me a while to find mine. Love it.

A 350GT as a peacemaker? Rear seats for baby, Zed for you. Also you have the luxury of a car designed to have rear seats, so not a huge PITA to get in and out of (not mention if the worse should happen #fire ).

If it's more the fuel bills than the number of seats, a 350GT isn't going to help. May as well get a 335D coupe, map it to death and kill three birds with one stone (more seats, diesel, still goes fast).

Just try not to look directly at it from the outside :lol:

• Like 2

I have seen a zed with seats in the back. But there's not a chance I would let my little one in the back of that car

If your mrs has a TT why not trade that in for something more practical? If she will have the little one with her then surely that makes more sense?

When our first kid arrived we had the wife's mini as our PRACTICAL car for nearly 3 yrs until 2nd sprog was born.

Will the TT take a baby seat in the back?

Fatherhood was a bit of a shock.

House was upside down.

No sleep/social life.

My zed was my little retreat....

My OASIS OF CALM.

My little piece of the world that reminded me of ME.....that I could keep clean and orderly.

My zed kept me sane through early fatherhood :thumbs:

We test drove the zed when my missus was 25 weeks gone, I convinced her that we have her Audi A3 as a family wagon and thus the zed can stay for solo journeys or if I take sproglet for a jaunt without Mummy!

Amazingly she fell for it, Apple juice is due next Friday so we'll see if the agreement is remembered for long.

Either way I'm keeping the zed!

• Like 2

There must be something in the water, we're expecting a baby girl in April next year :)

To be quite honest I think if you have two cars I cannot see a problem. We've been looking at baby seats recently, they aren't exactly portable, and than you have the push chair, changing bag etc to carry.

We're planning to keep one car as the sprog transporter - using my Leaf, after all vomit/poo/saliver isn't something we want to be spreading around both cars, especially not on the cream leather of the Lexus :)

Edited by gangzoom

TT only has 2 seats also. this is why im bloody annoyed because its mine that is up for chop. i cant seem to get it through her head that its her that is costing her finance each month, but shes got it in her head that because its diesel it somehow costs alot less than mine per month to run.

hmmmm.

even tallying up the bills wont convince her.

i think i might just have to play the stalemate to its death. shes got to concede.

^^^ What he said - Trade the Mrs in :thumbs:

Kiiiiiiiiiiiim!!!! :teeth:

I don't need to trade in my Mrs, she isn't trying to get me to sell my Zed for practical transport and I just took over half the garden for a new man cave :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

^^^ What he said - Trade the Mrs in :thumbs:

Kiiiiiiiiiiiim!!!! :teeth:

I don't need to trade in my Mrs, she isn't trying to get me to sell my Zed for practical transport and I just took over half the garden for a new man cave :D :D :D :D

I think your Mrs is of a whole different breed mate, how you have got away with it for so long!

• Like 1