Drug fueled deadly car crash...

Tragic loss of life, but at that age the majority of teens thinks they're a racing driving (until they end up in a ditch/wall/morgue).

Must be hard for their parents to release that video though - hopefully it makes some sort of difference.

That's done the gene pool a favour, thank god no-one else was hurt.

It's the families and the emergency services who attended I feel sorry for.

Whilst in parts i agree (in principal) and i am sure you never got into a car drug fuelled state, i would bet each and every one of us on here have done things in our youth that could have ended very very badly, but by chance or sheer divine inspiration we got home safe and sound and never gave it another thought.

Sh*t happens, perhaps we should just consider ourselves lucky sh*t hasnt happened to us or our families, its only a split second in time ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

Sure, we all did stupid things as kids that could've really hurt ourselves, but I would imagine that at least 99% of people I know have never done anything that could have killed so many other people with relative ease.

I don't care a jot if stupid people want to do stupid things and risk their own necks, that's their lookout. It's when they can take other innocent people with them that I start giving more than a couple of owl noises.

Absolutely, as said, i agree in principal and vice versa with me, I have never "knowingly" put people at risk. Whilst getting into a car mashed of your face is never a good idea and you would think most people would have the common sense not to, at that age, and high, the consequences probably didnt even enter their mind.

When pushing on in your car in your youth as you have said you did, did you know what was round every bend? Sure its not the same as the op's post, but, the consequences could have been very similar.

I don't know what's round any corner today, that wasn't the point I was making.

Driving quickly round a country bend isn't the same as being as high as a kite and driving at 90mph through a housing estate at night. One we all do without really knowing what's round the corner, one is just utter twattery of the highest order.

I was actually a really slow driver in my youth, I never really felt like I had the confidence to go quickly :lol:

I once smoked a massive reefer, and ended up eating an entire block of cheese to myself.

I'm not sure that's the same crime really.

Well I think it depends, did you eat it raw or did you melt it in the microwave or George Foreman it? Because if raw then that truly was a crime.

At the Ace Café meet last Saturday there was an idiot on motorbike going past time and time on the road outside again doing wheelies - just showing off to the point that we getting so sick of it we half wanted him to fall off. If he was wanting to make an impression he did that for all the wrong reasons and I doubt many of the bikers there were 'impressed' as all that does is give true enthusiasts a bad reputation. :dry:

OK so he didn't fall off or cause an accident that might have serious consequences for others.....but it is only a matter of time before his self believed invincibility will not be there.........

Another sad loss to drugs

Got to be honest, I think it was more the not having any driving experience and doing 90mph through a town but I guess that doesnt make such a good headline. RIP.

Have to agree. The drugs didn't force them to do it, nor were they forced to take them. Not everyone who takes drugs gets im their car and drives like a bell end. Like trying to blame alcohol for drink driving and almost as bad as blaming a computer game like GTA...

Just a pair of morons who were lucky they didn't hurt anyone else. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but the message here should be about not being a total dick, rather than pushing the agenda onto something else.

Pretty much everyone I knew growing up drove like loons when they got their licence in cars that shouldn't be doing that speed in areas that speed shouldn't be done.

Fortunately they (and I) are still alive. We look back and shake our heads at it. It will always happen until cars drive themselves.

I like to think my friends and I have grown into sensible well rounded individuals. Maybe these two lads would have too given a couple of decades.

That said I don't remember any of my friends drug or drink driving and I certainly never have.

• Like 1