Winter is coming

ZeppoJeff

So with winter coming and it's meant to be a super bad one what is everyone doing with them zed?

Who's going to be running it all year round and who's hiding away in the garage?

For the people locking them up when is it you will be saying ur final goodbye for 2015?

apparently its always going to be a bad one, but its always the same. in leamington we'll get at most a week of snow in early february. for that reason, i'll carry on exactly as normal. in fact i so couldnt care less, im going to be giving the beemer a considerable power increase just before winter.

Mine will be getting a couple of coats of wax to hopefully protect the paint a little bit, then probably mid November switching to my spare wheels and winter tyres - up here in the North East we do tend to have pretty cold temperatures, so even if it doesn't snow the tyres should be of some benefit.

My issue is I'm from north east Scotland so gets pretty cold and salty up here. Don't want the salt to eat away at the freshly painted bodywork and more than anything else I don't trust other people on the road.

Think mine will be going away for hibernation. As soon as I see the first gritter on the road.

apparently its always going to be a bad one, but its always the same. in leamington we'll get at most a week of snow in early february. for that reason, i'll carry on exactly as normal. in fact i so couldnt care less, im going to be giving the beemer a considerable power increase just before winter.

You can't say that without a few details :)

I'll be driving my cars as normal.

They've all got roofs, heaters, and weren't made in the 1930s, so I think I'll survive. ;)

Exactly.

The annual panic about a Zed because it gets a bit colder ;)

Seriously, cars will be fine, only drive in the snow (if it ever arrives last year was meant to be a bad one too...no snow again for us Southerners) in an emergency can't see what the problem is?

Gonna be getting the remap done, optimising the turbo to increase boost, reduce lag and lower boost threshold. Hoping for +60bhp and +80 lbft - should take it to 370bhp and 370lbft torque.

• Like 1

Gonna be getting the remap done, optimising the turbo to increase boost, reduce lag and lower boost threshold. Hoping for +60bhp and +80 lbft - should take it to 370bhp and 370lbft torque.

Lurvley

My issue is I'm from north east Scotland so gets pretty cold and salty up here. Don't want the salt to eat away at the freshly painted bodywork and more than anything else I don't trust other people on the road.

Think mine will be going away for hibernation. As soon as I see the first gritter on the road.

But..but...but...but .....you'll just about get your new wheels on and..................... you'll spot a gritter going past!! :lol:

Shame you wont get to enjoy the new wheels this year then :byebye:

Mind you, first hint of salt and I'll be putting the old rays back on.....we'll see how it goes.

She'll be used throughout the winter as usual.

We survived -20'C one winter, living in caravans on a field for 8yrs, so anything else is a doddle!! :dance:

• Like 1

Mines already had multiple coats of wax ready for the winter parked on my drive way, as soon as I see the first gritter of the winter she will be on there safe and out of harms way. Living on the east coast about 150 yards from the sea there is plenty of salt in the air without the council added to it through the winter.

Also with a 13 year old car I want to kept the underneath as free from rust as I can and really need to think about undersealing the car for next year. The other thing I dread is having a black car which seems to have new paint chips and scratches everytime I look at it, I fear for my paintwork with the force that the council lorries seem to propel the grit into the side of your car as they go past.