Andyjames Supercharged Silver Pheonix Rebuild

andy james

Why not get a used unit from eBay or parts traders here. The go between £40-60. I sold mine to mark @abbey when I stripped my car.

Thanks Bennet but the reset costs £35 so it's not too bad.

With regard to the rear quarter I'm going to see how quick a US dealer can get the panel over to me as an insurance policy in case Nissan Japan let me down on their estimated 3/4 week delivery time.

Got a phone call today from my local Nissan dealer today with regard to my pending order.

As the song goes "I wasn't expecting that!"

Priority shipping via air freight and part will be in the UK on or around the 14th of March!

Trying not to believe it so holding my breath for a couple of weeks!

• Like 6

You've got to get up to Harewood this year - they've got a new 2wd, +2 litre class.

No more Scoobys or Evos. Just the Porsches, Astons and M cars to beat... got to fancy that? :)

I used to run my M535i at Harewood many years ago, before they extended the course - had a couple of class wins too. - :#1:

Was always overawed by the likes of Roy Lane and Mike Pilbeam and their hugely impressive focussed single seaters.

Happy days...

David

• Like 1

I know we all take the **** out of the so called" Nissan Main Stealers" due to the ridiculously high prices of OEM parts.

Well my local Westover Nissan dealer in Bournemouth where I bought my old girl new back in 07 has shocked the hell out of me!!

Quoted 3/4 weeks delivery for my quarter panel,then told it could be up to 8 weeks due to 37 days on the boat from Japan without loading on and off time!

What I didn't know is when a Main Dealer cannot source a part that is not in stock in the UK and kicks off to the mother land things happen!

Picked this up today which was ordered last Tuesday from Japan!

Air freight stickers all over the crate.

49aaec1ce2ceba754d2bb3ac9c5db02f_zps2ktfpnau.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Just when you think your at the last hurdle!!

Got a date from the body shop so she is going in after Easter!

I thought this might be a good idea to take the Mad Max lookalike out for a proper blast just to make sure all is well and sort out those final minor details that over the past few months were way down the list of priority.

Well after booting it down my local duel carriageway which has a roundabout at each end I got a nasty rumbling noise on right hand turns and then the engine management light came on!

Back in the garage I filled up the windscreen washer bottle which is the rear screen one as the original driver side unit was deleted to make way for the GTM supercharger piping and air filter.

Pulled the lever up to wash and... Motor not working and water pouring all over the floor!

Been busy over the last couple of weekends doing the pedal dance which I didn't believe would get the engine light off,rumbling noise as i suspected was the front nearside wheel bearing and fitting a new washer bottle and motor which were knackered in the crash!

cb9a26cb042ac2abdda5d24935b76c1f_zpsznt2kijs.jpg

Mr James is of the opinion that without the Zeditus virus he would probably have gone mad by now and thought what are doing throwing all this time and money at that 9 year old Datsun.

I am mad and loving it!

Long live Zeditus!

Hope to see you guys at Japfest

• Like 6

After such a big excursion there were bound to be a few little issues arise, you are on the home straight now and as with the six million doller man you are rebuilding her bigger, better, stronger, faster !! well hopefully faster at least!

Edited by davedutch
  • Like 2

Awesome work so glad to see its in the final stages now. what body shop are you using? Im Local to you (often parked round the corner, on grove road west) and I've just had my v2 kit installed and painted by Kustom Kolors ..i can't recommend them enough.

• Like 1

Awesome work so glad to see its in the final stages now. what body shop are you using? Im Local to you (often parked round the corner, on grove road west) and I've just had my v2 kit installed and painted by Kustom Kolors ..i can't recommend them enough.

Thanks mate. Yes I'm going with Colin at Kustom Kolors.

As my nearest Z owner we must catch up.

Pm on its way.

• Like 1

Come on Andy - Surely you could have built one from the ground up using only sheet and a wooden mallet by now!

:lol:

Hope your well matey coming along nicely, given all the little hidden extras you keep finding (reminds me of a recent garage build!) - we must catch up again at least once before Japfest :thumbs:

K

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you know I took the decision to cancel Japfest as the Pheonix debut due to my Body shop running behind on other projects.

Well I dropped the old girl off at 6.45 yesterday morning to begin the final process of the comeback.

026e68ac4dcb856936a6a03b3e26d769_zpsj0yswl7t.jpg

ff549ca1e0363309c22edce1d8bc2e43_zpshhq2ba6p.jpg

Photos in the shop to follow.

• Like 5

As some of you know I took the decision to cancel Japfest as the Pheonix debut due to my Body shop running behind on other projects.

Well I dropped the old girl off at 6.45 yesterday morning to begin the final process of the comeback.

026e68ac4dcb856936a6a03b3e26d769_zpsj0yswl7t.jpg

ff549ca1e0363309c22edce1d8bc2e43_zpshhq2ba6p.jpg

Photos in the shop to follow.

Looks really good and what a transformation, I didn't know the V3 bumper was that much longer than the stock bumper but you can really tell on these pictures.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...