Andyjames Supercharged Silver Pheonix Rebuild

andy james

Keep going Andy :clap:

Oh and did you like the new paths...... :teeth:

You,Bob and the Night shift done good with the pathway to the most envious man cave.

Want this done so your bloody car is finished and out of the way so I can fit my clutch/diff on the ramp!!! Lol.

• Like 1

Hey Andy, looking the the remote filter you'll be needing a new intercooler, you going for gtm or getting something else?

Hi Olly!

The top of the Mocal remote filter housing snapped off when the car landed which also bent all the Aeroquip fittings and hoses.

GTM intercooler was intact but most of the alloy induction pipe work got crushed,but luckily my mate Jason's son is an expert alloy welder!

Need some Rotrex Traction oil for the supercharger which I have found out is the worlds most expensive oil at £100 +vat per ltr!

Hey Andy, looking the the remote filter you'll be needing a new intercooler, you going for gtm or getting something else?

Hi Olly!

The top of the Mocal remote filter housing snapped off when the car landed which also bent all the Aeroquip fittings and hoses.

GTM intercooler was intact but most of the alloy induction pipe work got crushed,but luckily my mate Jason's son is an expert alloy welder!

Need some Rotrex Traction oil for the supercharger which I have found out is the worlds most expensive oil at £100 +vat per ltr!

Ouch! At least the majority of the kit survived.

Hi Olly!

Andy, I'm meeting the owners of the company that bought GTM tomorrow, let me know if you need any parts for the SC.

Perhaps is worth considering a TT install at this stage, you always wanted to squeeze more power out of that built engine :)

Good luck with the rebuild!

Streuth, can't believe how well the chassis stood up! Seeing it up close I was worried what it would look like under the 'crinkly' bits. Just goes to show how solid these cars are. I will be following the thread with great interest!

• Like 1

Hi Olly!

Andy, I'm meeting the owners of the company that bought GTM tomorrow, let me know if you need any parts for the SC.

Perhaps is worth considering a TT install at this stage, you always wanted to squeeze more power out of that built engine :)

Good luck with the rebuild!

Thanks.

Twin turbo was on the cards this winter to go for more power before I slung her upside down in the bushes! Lol.

Think it's going to cost me a few quid to put the car back on the road so the budget for that has unfortunately gone.

Luckily other than the intake pipes which hopefully I can get re made all the bespoke GTM parts survived the crash.

Glad to see someone is taking on the mantle of an extremely good Z product which was very badly managed.

Good luck to them!

Luckily other than the intake pipes which hopefully I can get re made all the bespoke GTM parts survived the crash.

Did you see Mark's post about Abbey starting to sell GTM kit again?

Yes. Good news!

Not for me... my car went in for twin turbos the week before that post! I waited all that time for a GTM twin SC kit, oh well. :lol:

• Like 1

Did you see Mark's post about Abbey starting to sell GTM kit again?

Yes. Good news!

Not for me... my car went in for twin turbos the week before that post! I waited all that time for a GTM twin SC kit, oh well. :lol:

Get ready for a forged engine if you want to enjoy the full fat version! Lol

• Like 1

So glad it's only the Zed that needed rebuilding and not you Andy :love:

A lot of people would have started again with another car/project but I knew that if it was repairable, this is what would be happening :)

Well done Sprtacus my friend :clap:

No I'm Spartacus!

So glad it's only the Zed that needed rebuilding and not you Andy :love:

A lot of people would have started again with another car/project but I knew that if it was repairable, this is what would be happening :)

Well done Sprtacus my friend :clap:

No I'm Spartacus!

We both know that I am Spartacus!

I just use it as a term of affection for Mr James :winkiss:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little progress this weekend.

Fitted the passenger dash airbag and cover,curtain airbag which if you haven't dismantled a zed before the detonator device is not in the B pillar as you would assume but in the roof lining in front of the tailgate!

New windscreen fitted yesterday so the interior is now finished!

6c6b264145dc4ba53efcf020106d1282_zpsr0bc184i.jpg

d7ec706dc3f50b52cdfd42dbb1650465_zps6susxhei.jpg

Going to start plumbing in the new oil/supercharger coolers which got crushed on impact.

Lots more to follow.

• Like 3