What is your exhaust setup and why?

Mj86

Ok, I am putting all quizs together and I would like you to put your answers here. I think it will helps everyone including me to decides what exhaust to get, what brand etc etc...

What exhaust do you have? (Backbox, decat, high flow, full system, etc)?

What brand is it?

Why did you like it? (Cheap, look, sound, quality, brand name)?

Your whole life on this forum, what have you learned from members saying about which is the best?

Any regrets, happy with exhaust setup, or feel you should have gone for that?

Good luck! And it will be interesting to see all the answers you have given.

Regards

My verdict on exhaust setups is that you need to think about the whole picture before you even start.

For example there is no point in buying a very loud backbox and then fitting decats to find out you can't live with it. True dual, is it needed if not going forced induction?

Of course budget is a big thing here too with cat backs ranging from £400 to £2k there is a lot to think about.

1) What exhaust do you have? (Backbox, decat, high flow, full system, etc)?

2) What brand is it?

3) Why did you like it? (Cheap, look, sound, quality, brand name)?

Your whole life on this forum, what have you learned from members saying about which is the best?

Any regrets, happy with exhaust setup, or feel you should have gone for that?

Good luck! And it will be interesting to see all the answers you have given.

Regards

I had Motordyne ART pipes and the XYZ pipe (incl HFC) and then got a custom Titanium job made. I had asked for it to be made from the XYZ pipe back to keep the cat, but they didn't listen and gave me a full cat back... so that's now what I have. It sounds absolutely awesome, light weight... but a bit of a pain to MOT. Also, I hope it's free-flowing enough for FI (Another part of my instructions they ignored)! I'd do the same again, only I'd get them to put in writing what I'd asked for before buying.

My first 370:

Akrapovic True Dual with Carbon Ceramic tips - build quality, second to none - noise, too quiet on its own - Expensive.

Added Berk Technology HFCs - quality, excellent - noise, ten fold improvement - added expense (nearly worth it if it wasn't for the CELs that the car was eventually throwing)

My Nismo:

Stock - quality but heavy - noise, not enough, stuck with it for 12k miles or so, got a bit growler as it coked up - came as stock so, err, free :).

Ark GRiP - quality, superb, screams developed engineering, someone actually paid attention to design here - noise, :lol:, that's what I do on every start up, on chat, it's untouchable, awesome all round, no contest - expense, worth every penny, £1050 fitted, bargain.

There are many out there, it's a gamble, but the Ark, is a certainty:)

• Like 2

^^^ how loud is Loud for the ark grip if you don't mind me asking on idle and going? Would it wake the neighbours?

On a cold start up it fairly booms, settles down after the auto choke levels out ( 30 secs or so), only as loud as your foot allows. Pops and burbles when settled. People will break their neck looking round if you're 'on it'.

My daughter and son in law own the house next door, my granddaughter doesn't hear it in the morning, but knows when grandpa is back from work.

It's THE perfect sound, IMHO.

• Like 1

^^^ how loud is Loud for the ark grip if you don't mind me asking on idle and going? Would it wake the neighbours?

Just noticed your location, come and have a listen to my set up, not that far away, PM if you would like my details to have a listen :thumbs:

Edited by The G Man

350z HR -

scorpion exhaust - pros , cheap / very subtle sound but better than standard , no drone . Cons , pretty poor build quality and fitment

Scorpion + berk HFCs ...... Louder than the above , a lot of rasp ( I didn't like it ) no drone

Invidia + berfs HFCs ..... The most well made , quality exhaust I've owned , The v6 came alive , epic sound on full throttle , stlight drone

Miltek + motordyne art pipes ...... Art pipes are absolutely quality , worth the money . So quite paired with the miltek . No drone ..... Bit too quite

Art pipes + ark grip ....... Don't know, but looking into getting one :)

Firstly I had on my old Zed;

An "Invidia Gemini" true dual exhaust system with "Berks HFC's" ~ The quality of the Invidia system was one of the best I've seen from any exhaust manufacturer. Sounded fantastic & worth every penny. Also had no problems getting through the MOT with this setup on my 350.

Next up for the 350 because I went FI I kept the Invidia Gemini but swapped out the Berks HFC's for Berks De-Cats ~ This unleashed so much more sound from the car and tbh sounded fantastic especially on full WOT but was not very MOT friendly. Still great quality from Berks again as was with the HFC's.

Video below of the FI setup. :thumbs:

[media]

[/media]

Outside view filmed below by Chris Ramsey whilst I was at a Castle Combe track day.

]

View more videos on my Youtube channel with external & internal videos.

Link: https://www.youtube....T99e4Niw/videos

;)

Edited by GMballistic