What do you see being a future classic

nissanman312

Not many, aside from the obvious. They're too mass produced.

I reckon the BRZ86 has a decent chance in about 30 years, assuming they don't do a successor. Think about it: A relatively light 2+2 RWD coupe, with a revvy engine and excellent fuel consumption. In the future of turbochargers and higher fuel costs and everything either FWD for cost or 4WD 'cos no one can drive for toffee, I reckon they'll be quite desirable.

Not many, aside from the obvious. They're too mass produced.

I reckon the BRZ86 has a decent chance in about 30 years, assuming they don't do a successor. Think about it: A relatively light 2+2 RWD coupe, with a revvy engine and excellent fuel consumption. In the future of turbochargers and higher fuel costs and everything either FWD for cost or 4WD 'cos no one can drive for toffee, I reckon they'll be quite desirable.

Glad that I bought my BRZ86, however I think that it may outlive me cause in 30 years I will probably be pushing up the daisies. :byebye:

S2000, already shooting up. Nobody wants a 300ZX despite being much rarer than the 350. Supra and RX7 should be worth something if you have one that hasn't been Barry'd. I personally love the fiat coupe and 916 Alfa GTV.

S2k good shout I'd have one love them

S2000, already shooting up. Nobody wants a 300ZX despite being much rarer than the 350. Supra and RX7 should be worth something if you have one that hasn't been Barry'd. I personally love the fiat coupe and 916 Alfa GTV.

300 short wheelbase is much nicer and the one to watch

That's when cars rotted away just looking at them. They don't do that any more.

MG's are a classic but they don't really fetch mega money because so many have survived.

Minis on the other hand were made out of pure rust and look how much they fetch now.

I don't think production numbers have any bearing on future classics, you try and buy a mk1 Cortina GT and you will get a shock.

Yes, I would mainly agree with that, however mass produced cars of today will last a lot longer than cars made in the 60's, 70's, etc so they'll take a lot longer to reach classic status, at least 50 years I would guess. Classics produced recently will include MX5, NSX, most Lotus's, etc.

Pete

Anything with an internal combustion engine will be a future classic,

...I know so because gangzoom told me and we are all going to be driving electric vehicles within the next decade eradicating all these nasty noisy ICE vehicles. It will also lead to the end of poverty, world hunger and stop all wars apparently. :teeth::lol:;)

• Like 2

Anything with an internal combustion engine will be a future classic,

...I know so because gangzoom told me and we are all going to be driving electric vehicles within the next decade eradicating all these nasty noisy ICE vehicles. It will also lead to the end of poverty, world hunger and stop all wars apparently. :teeth::lol:;)

With this in mind, I'm thinking of investing heavily in early Sinclair C5s and G Wizs.

Edited by leonk

my dad owns a lancia monte carlo and he bought that for 3.5k 4 years ago, he was offered just under 10k a few months back having done very little to it apart from maintenance, so i can see them being worth a few quid in years to come, as there as rare as hens teeth.