Alarmed padlock...I owe you one!

jumping350

So walked passed my garage this morning to find both my heavy duty padlocks missing from my garage door and feared the worse but the main lock was still ok as well as a sneaky smaller padlock I put in. So got really lucky

Having seen me outside not looking happy one of the opposite neighbours to garage came out and said my alarmed padlock had woken up his wife and she called the police, she watched two youths scarper with the noise going with them and of course police turned up 10 minutes later she said!

Saw the police on the way back from work and they said they are on the look out and sighed at it being only the start of the school holidays so im sure there is plenty more to come.

Thing is they weren't lightweight padlocks and they got through them pretty quick which is worrying, if it wasnt for the alarm I dread to think,they would of thought jackpot! Neighbour told me that's the 4th garage in as many weeks that has been hit but appears to be random.

Im thinking of getting shutters :lol:

Lock up, check and double check and keep your cars safe everyone ..schools out for summer!

Best part is I sorted out the neighbour some wine and beers for there efforts and they are now my watching eyes over my pride possession and will text me straight away if they see anything

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

Trip wires hooked up to paint bombs? At least they'll be easy to spot :lol:

Firstly you've got great neighbours!!

Secondly as per Stu's post I've quoted I immediately thought the "British rail tunnel paint" Del Boy used to paint The Chinese takeaways kitchen as well as their mothers grave in Only Fools & Horses :lol: :lol:

I know I'm showing my age but that has to be a classic episode.

• Like 1

Nothing worse than the bottom fall out of your world feeling when you think you car may be gone.

Fortunately your deterrents worked along with your neighbours assistance.

There was one time my neighbours came rushing out of the house onto my drive having heard my car start up, they were not aware I was at home and it was me.

Good to know there response time is good !!! :lol: (Ex Coppers) !!

Edited by Wendy

I've gone security mad today so on the hunt for something up a level from what I had,will take a look at those diamond armadillo things they sound good.

At least I keep the battery for the zed inside the house so they wouldn't be able to have moved it plus the brembos haven't been bled so wouldn't be able to stop lol.

Very quiet evening so that was good.

My take on all this is padlocks don't work anymore

Edited by jumping350

Glad your pride and joy was ok buddy. Chances are that if there was no finds to be had but the car only, they might have had a go at the car as they were coming away empty handed. Problems nowadays is we at times have to think like a criminal to stay ahead.

ive taken everything loose out of the garage for now just in case, that was what I was worried about that they would just kick it or damage it instead.

Shutters or some sort of security grill/gate inside is the way forward so they can go through all the drama of getting many locks off then open the door and be confronted with a massive gate :lol:

• Like 1

Wow, some of the lengths you chaps have gone too. Plus the financial outlay required for it all. I am not knocking it, anything but.

Quite sad though that these lengths are required in some areas to make your your car is safe.

I remember one time my nephew coming to stay and I left the garage door open while working in the house, he was horrified and only 14 years old. He lived in Luton and said the garage would be emptied in minutes where they lived. I know its not an option for many due to a number of reasons, but think i would be wanting to move.

• Like 1

Not worth moving over to be honest these things can happen anywhere, I have another garage same distance down the road the opposite way and that hasn't had any reports of break ins for nearly a decade.

Is sad though and a shame these things happen especially after the lengths some of us go to! I only moved into new garage a few months ago and secured this garage better than my other one and this one got hit!

My borough has some guests at the moment and trouble has occurred ever since, so once moved on im sure will go back to quiet.

If I left my garage door open not only would all my stuff be gone but so would the door probably :lol:

Edited by jumping350