Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Chris`I

    P1 for a 370Z

    +1
  2. And then click the link which says something about releasing the new PMs in your inbox
  3. The reason I ruled out the Berk exhuast was because at the time the design was the same as Stillen - yet people were having fitting problems. Sure its all fine now though. Should give the same noise and gains as a Stillen, so if I did it again I'd get whichever is cheapest
  4. Flocked dash looked good - that was on the list for my 350z when I px'd it for the '70. Shame it stops the airbag working - not thats a problem in your car
  5. Should have invested in a hummer and ploughed them all down - call it natural selection
  6. Very well done - excellent prize too
  7. Open. Supprised they fitted it tbh, makes naff all difference in this country. Far better to have slightly higher intake temps all year than forget to re-open it when it gets cold and have the throttle freeze. IIRC you should have it open when the outside temp is less than 12C or something like that. Details will be on the Motordyne site. In short - open
  8. NP - sure someone will be along with the right torque settings in a mo - but its off the bottom of most peoples torque wrenches anyway. Only the one I have for my MTB goes low enough, its barely hand tight. IIRC someone also suggested wrapping a rag around the handle to make sure you dont over tighten
  9. +1 - forgot about mine and left if on the car when I PX'd it
  10. They arent meant to be uber tight, but they certainly shouldnt rattle around. Basically, to tighten them without a torque wrench you want a socket driver with a handle like a screw driver and then do them up hand tight. You can snap them if done up with a normal ratchet if not using a torque wrench.
  11. Dont have any money to spend until after May next year Mark - pesky wedding to pay for. Tried to get in as much as I could before the spending freeze came into play which inc the 370z, Stillen and UpRev so didnt do too bad Unless my accountant finds some spare funds in my company accounts then I can syphon them off without suspicion
  12. TBH the design of the Stillen and Akra are very similar and the noise they make are similar too. G-mans sounds nicer as he has HFCs which add quite a bit more noise both in volume and a little raspier. I dont think you'd be disappointed with either. I'm going to wind George up and say the Stillen makes better gains too
  13. They'll just whack average speed cameras at 100m intervals then people cant speed down there. ATM I'm guessing they have them on entry and exit, so people drive in and stop, wait for a bit, then gun it. I'm with Chris though, its probably a lot more to do with the noise than the actual speed. I'll eat my words though when a footballer inevitably stacks it
  14. I think the 370z concept quite possibly had them. Shame they didnt do it as with the new DRL legislation, they have to have something now and that would have looked great - and matched the missus Alfa
  15. I do like the CinCity lights, but I wouldnt dare crack open my lights to do it
  16. Fixed Now to watch...
  17. FYI for anyone that knows bikers in Hants/Surrey with a bike stolen since last Oct -
  18. Had this through from a friend and thought it would be apt to post it here as there are a few keen bikers or members with links to bikers
  19. We often get that over here. A big bus load of Japanese tourists will pull up near where we are having a Z meet, and promptly take oodles of pics of the Z's. They love the old Z's too, especially given most of ours in really lovely condition. Quite funny given where the cars came from. . Seen that too when we visit touristy places like certain parts of the Lakes, Wales or Scotland. They love em. Shame we dont have any good British cars to do the same to
  20. Proper adjustment at service is key. It should be checked and adjusted at a service and if done so the handbrake is fine. However this is too much effort for most dealers to be bothered to do If you do it yourself make sure you follow the proceedure in the service manual. You dont want the shoes touching the discs when driving normally
  21. Always good to have a nice tight setup Great pics there, that looks like a great day out
  22. You wouldnt trust a pro to detail your car? Do you have a lot of experience with correcting and prepping paint? I'm anal about who touches my car, but I wouldnt think twice about letting someone like Tim@Envy tackle it I wasnt suggesting just letting any old guy have a go - get a reputable detailer and the results will be wonderful
  23. If into detailing, get car detailed. If into track driving get a track day or track experience or training. All have been discussed on here at great length, give the Advance Search (top right) a try
  24. Ranks are based on posts (unless fettled by the Admin) 0 - Z Newbie 15 - Z Hopeful 100 - Z Dedicated 350 - Z Fanatic 1000 - Z Veteran 5000 - Z Legend
  25. And as such I've removed the contact details (as this forms a part of advertising). Thank you for taking the time to respond though - most wouldnt have
×
×
  • Create New...