-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
1. Nothing to be concerned about. Keeping an eye on the oil is the only thing you really need to watch. It doesnt really burn any, but that leads to you never checking it which is where most problems with VQ engines come in - oil starvation. Its the only real problem I've heard of with VQ engines. The one in my 350z when for 99k miles with no problems when I traded it in for the '70. 2. This is down to driving style but anywhere from 30k miles onwared. Mine on the 350z lasted til 72k miles. Have the 7AT on the 370z so no clutch for me, but I'd expect it to be the same as the 350z. 3. I do a mix of driving and with some motorway I see ~28MPG. With more town driving that usually sits around 26/27MPG. 4. Nissan paint is fairly thin so chips easily. Other than that though, theres no real problems. Nissan still havent learnt to be able to match paint between panels, but its usually only obvious on camera. No different to most other manufacturers bar the Germans.
-
Looks good Car needs a wash
-
french girl on board- my new 350Z pg 10-12
Chris`I replied to pooky74's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Cant beat a good carbon lip You realise Angie has been on here since 2007? -
To be fair they wont have it that way for long as they'll start to fit connect premium to more of the range and then the mass of their customer base will be demanding new maps. Also notice the customer service man completely missed the point. He bangs on about updates to CP when its not CP we want updating, its the map data
-
Its like our ZedFest only not quite as good Does make me wonder if we could do ZedFest or similar at a track though, that would be cool. Some lovely looking and sounding cars in there
-
You obviously havent read any report I've posted of riding with him' date=' I can assure you there is a lot of uphill! I wish it was all downhill from here - we're going out riding with him in a few weeks time [/quote'] Downhill, biking term and ageing one. Dont you love the English language I bet Andy wished it applied only to biking (waits for him to say I'm not far behind!)
-
What a crock of @*!# huh
-
Vimeo themselves dont usually list the www. at the start of links, least not on my PC I can add it as a note in the usage so people know not to put it in
-
Happy Birthday Mr AK You obviously havent read any report I've posted of riding with him, I can assure you there is a lot of uphill! I wish it was all downhill from here - we're going out riding with him in a few weeks time
-
hi everyone - a different 350z powered owner !
Chris`I replied to trackday addict's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
I seem to remember the rear lights were orignal when I saw it at Autosport - I might be mistake though. -
MY2010+ come with the HDD system so no disc (not even as a backup incase something goes wrong) o great I love pre-loaded stuff that doesn't give you the facility to factory re-set (from an external source) (I repair computers in my spare time !!) Yes but the dealership should do it for free in that case TomTom dont give you a disc in case their satnav breaks do they? If they do I've never seen one I would imagine if the maps become corrupt for whatever reason then its upto the dealer to supply a new copy as you've bought the license as part of the car.
-
hi everyone - a different 350z powered owner !
Chris`I replied to trackday addict's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome along. Seen the car in the flesh (all be it static) and it looks a real feast of engineering - must be fun to drive Mark@Abbey has been keeping us up to date on your progress too. -
MY2010+ come with the HDD system so no disc (not even as a backup incase something goes wrong)
-
We found that at FoS this year. You could do a day in the paddock and another day on the course easily and not get bored.
-
Bet he'd rather take the car for a good ragging Great pics there Lee, keep em coming
-
Not when they do you for the excess when it gets damaged Bockaaarck has a good point - they will likely do a bus that you can ride on. Take the car to the park and then go around in their guide bus thing. Might cost a bit more but will be worth it to keep the Zed safe
-
One word - NO! Ok so we went to Longleat in the other halfs Corsa, and to be fair the monkeys there are now caged and there is a get around route so you dont have to go in that bit. But you still go past other wild animals that can damage the car and however unlikely - theres no way I'd take a Zed there. Find a friend with a 5 seater car and go with them
-
That looks great Wonder if its on Z Club
-
Thats how it starts - slippy slope mate
-
What you need to confirm with them is that they know the rolling radius of the front and rear tyres isnt the same. In 99% of cars it is the same front to rear, but in the Zed it is not. You need to keep this ratio of front to rear rolling radius stagger the same otherwise the TCS will think the wheels are tuning at different speeds (compared to each other) and will throw a wobbler. TCS doesnt care on the actual speed the car is moving, just whether the rears are turning quicker than the front. It is pre-preogrammed to know there is a difference between front and back, if you remove this (as your tyre sizes suggest) then it will think the rears are spinning quicker than the front (in reality they are not) and will kick in. At the end of the day if you tell the tyre place that you want it OEM spec (RR front and rear with a stagger) and they decide to give different sizes then thats their problem and they should change them FoC until it works
-
Better duck Chris, I can sense a 'search' bomb approaching..... I'll leave it to someone else to deliver
-
Yup totally normal. I did look into a ceramic coating you can get which would keep the heat out, but that was going to be a lot of work and it was easier just to turn the AC a bit colder to copensate. Its warmer on the drivers side too.
-
If they have been using 95RON and you put in 98RON+ and reset the ECU that will make it feel quite a bit more pokey Unfortunately you may loose a bit of it as it dials in the fuel trims over time, but an UpRev map will keep it feeling sharp as it is now
-
Ere mista, lendus ya Panda 4x4
-
OEM - 225/45/18 and 245/45/18 gives a 2.73% difference. (think thats the OEM sizes, been a while since I did this) 275/40/18 and 245/45/18 gives a 0.15% difference between them, so its likely to throw a wobbler. 275/45/18 and 245/45/18 gives a 3.83% difference which from what I remember sounds about right, but might be too much the other way. You ideally want about 3% difference as it is with the OEM setup.