Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Amanda's leaning on doing your back yard on Saturday instead now - theres woman logic! Happy with that if we swap Sat and Sun if you're up for it?
  2. Moved to Off Topic
  3. Awesome. Sorry forum search didn't turn that post up! (I must have failed... ) Use "Advanced Search" (top right) and put in "+adjusting +clutch" (without the quotes), its the second entry
  4. I think you need to meet Stew before assuming anything about his driving. I fully recommend the Jockland Hoon next time around - that should give you a good indication of how he likes to drive
  5. Think you can take XANAVI 7.0 discs, but no one has tried it yet. Its listed on the Navteq site as being an applicable model.
  6. Dont be knocked down if you dont get a good finish on the first go either. It takes a few passes to get them shining nice. I found with mine, rather than try and get them as shiney as possible in one marathon go, its easier on the hands and forearms to give them a polish every time you wash until they come up nice and shiney. You'll get there in the end. Oh and Megs NXT (NTX?) polish is better than Autosol at keeping the finish tip top as it contains sealants which means only a wash will be needed in future. Autosol has a better cut to it to get them shiney in the first place though. Fine grade wire wool is also a good help to shift the initial crap.
  7. Fully agree. While Vettel is obviously an amazing driver, I think its the RB team behind him that has given him this championship. They have done a simply amazing job with the car and now reliability is spot on they cant do anything wrong. McLaren are catching up, but obviously its not quick enough to contend anything this year. Would be interesting to see what would have happened if the McLaren had the qualifying pace of the RB. I think Vettel wouldnt have done half as well if he wasnt starting on pole all the time and Webber would have been in with more of a shout as I think he's more of a figher than Vettel.
  8. BUSTED
  9. Try to get a DeLorean to 88MPH and you will understand
  10. I think thats what Amanda is afraid of - she's wimping out of the night ride Whats Scar Fell like at night?
  11. Good choice! Does the new Zed have Connect Premium (easily identified with touch screen)? If so no new maps are available yet CP isnt DVD based so no one knows how to get the updates on there yet. I'm guessing the update will eventually be provided by DVD when they get around to it
  12. Contact cleaner (aka isopropyl alcohol) from Maplin should sort it
  13. But if its too light it wont be able to put all the power down, I guess that might stop it being so quick? Also cant have their cross over being nearly as quick as their headline performance car
  14. Exactly why we spashed out on the Joysticks. Not exactly cheap or powerful, especially compared to the Magicshines, but having seen the inside of my Magicshines, I'd trust the Joystick a hell of a lot more. If you are out in the wilderness on your own you need lights you can depend on. If you are in a big group its not such a worry as not all you lights are likely to fail. So I have a Magicshine for power (on the bars) and my Joystick on the head as a spot and also get me home light if the Magicshine dies. They are great lights for the money these cheap copies, but dont use them as your only light source, even if you just carry a decent head tourch if the worse happens. We've had a few failures of Magicshines and I was always happy then to donate mine to whoever had failed and use the Joystick to get home.
  15. Depends who wrote the software
  16. Yes its 1&1 our hosts. Apparently they've been having problems all day with some kind of misconfiguration causing all their private hosted servers to go a bit dullaly! Nothing to with us for once
  17. If its pure water then its the air con
  18. To be fair being 4WD would make a great winter shed
  19. IMO if there was a few more laps left Button would have taken Vettel. Vettel is a great driver, but he doesnt seem to quite have the knack of getting up close and personal when battling. I think Button would have chosen a point to take him and exectuted it. Of course RB played this down saying Seb had it all in hand, but I'm not conviced he did. The RB car is quite obviously an amazing bit of kit and no one is faster in qualifying, but I think the MacLaren always seems to be very strong at the end of races.
  20. Hampshire is about the last of them to be cut over - we're not swapped over until May 2012 I think. We have a digital signal but they dont power it up to full strength and as such signal is poor atm. Using freesat to get around it though
  21. Wonder how much of the running gear is actually Juke? Bet its fun to drive
  22. Maplin do a few Torx screw bits if you need them in a hurry. Its where I got mine
  23. Dont leave out the technical bits they are the most fun Amanda didnt fancy Walna Scar though Looking good for us bringing the weather too, sunny but not too hot (that will of course have cursed it now!)
  24. One of the reasons he was banned - we couldnt understand him so didnt know if he was insulting people or not
  25. With respect the Nismo knob, remove it and see if there is a loose washer/spacer in there. IIRC the OEM has a spacer of some kind that you should remove when fitting the Nismo, but it does still fit which means quite often its left on by accident. This can cause a rattle, it did in mine
×
×
  • Create New...