Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Made me laugh when they showed JB the footage in the forum afterwards. He was clearly ready to let it go until they showed the cockpit view of Seb where he look 3-4 times in his mirrors and clearly knew Button was there. He even had the cheek to move back over and take the normal racing line. Fair play to Seb, he is a great driver, but I still would like to see him in something other than what is clearly the best car in F1 at the moment - and a clear testament to the hard work of Daryl and RB boys. I dont think he has the fight tbh, he's great at nailing single lap times, but when it comes to racing wheel to wheel, he just doesnt have it in my eyes. Would be great to see JB in a RB car, or a better McLaren that can take it to RB properly.
  2. What comment was that? I must have missed it, was slightly sleepy after the race
  3. Top work Mrs Soze Not bad yourself either Chris
  4. Go old skool and a bit of old tyre with zip ties I think self amalgamating tape works well too.
  5. Get Lee to put some rear seats in while he's there. Bet you could weld in a kiddy seat isofix points Seriously the car will be easier to shift if you can get a new motor in it. Agree with the others that breaking it will be worth more than selling it broken as a whole, but you have to factor in how long it will take to shift the bits plus how to dispose of whatever you are left with.
  6. Thats why if we go to Scotland we go with you Col - the 5th emergency service
  7. Check out the US forums (www.the370z.com) there are details on there how to do it. It does mess with the satnav/GPS as you have to disable the handbrake and speed sense wire, the latter is used by satnav for positioning to help smooth out the movement on screen. I beleive you can use a switch to turn them on and off though so can have them enabled when using satnav and off when watching DVD. Been ages since I last looked at it so things may have changed.
  8. Yeah good luck telling her that
  9. If you look on the US forums you'll see the vast range of stuff you can find in the boot in different countries. They've basically made the cutouts so they can store everything that each country where the 370z is sold can fit. In the US they get the spare tyre, but in this country its not mandatory so we get a can of tyre weld and a bit of a hole left where the wheel is. If you have Connect Premium you'll find the BOSE sub where the wheel would be as Lee says.
  10. Post up a welcome thread mate, easy way to 5 posts I seem to remember my 350z used to steam up a bit when the weather went colder, just keep the aircon on all the time and it keeps it sorted. There is quite a common leak problem steming from blockages in a drain pipe, but cant for the live of me remember when it dumps the water. Someone less forgetful will post up where to look I'm sure.
  11. Personally I hope Lewis takes out Vettel and Button goes on to win
  12. Turns out we're both right the A4/5 arent a CPU, but a package on a package which stacks the CPU and GPU together in what looks like a processor Either way it will need to be massively powerful to handle above full HD resolutions. Wikipedia:
  13. Great post Marky - exactly my sentiments too. When you've been here quite a few years you learn that people come and go, but the site will always push on. As a team we have to try and steer people in the right direction based on feedback we get from members - remember the so called 5-10 "major" users only make up about 5% of the active user base - if that. People do "go off" the forum and they do come back. The Zed world isnt changing massively, its pretty much been the same for the last 3-4 years bar the car has gotten cheaper so more people are trying FI and the 370z has come along. People are having the same problems and posting the same threads, thats just how it is. It can get a bit repetitive, but thats the way it is. Like it or lump it I'm afraid
  14. Nismo valve caps Nismo Rad cap Boot mat Nismo 380RS pedal cargo net Z-Speed Under tray bonnet dampers and the LED rear lights to come next week Good to see you keeping the traders in business
  15. Thought that was still going but in the Green Room?
  16. Not sure we need pics of his poo do we? :yuck:
  17. I nearly spat my tea over my monitor
  18. Might as well get an IBTL as this is where we are going
  19. Corrected that for you
  20. I can do much better than a name change
  21. Scarily this is one of the most sensible posts on the apple threads! Have to agree
  22. Wouldnt expect that any time soon. I'm not sure O2 even have the test setup in Slough working yet, last I heard about it they were definately going to do a trial in Slough (mainly as they have a cell site on the office roof!). Never actually heard it was up and running or any demo of it in action though. After that, I guess they would roll it out across Slough and then onto other densly populated areas. EDIT: Seems they got something working - http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/mobile-work ... -40092305/
  23. I beleive the databases are largely shared, but mustnt be the case here. Usually if it is on MID it is on the DVLA as they get the car details from the DVLA. Something has gone screwy in this case, but I would imagine its with TFL and not the DVLA.
  24. Short answer is no - 3G is not 3G - see this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G Also speeds depend on the connection being used (which kind of 3G) and the contention at the cell you are on. If there are lots of users using the system at the same time you wont get full speed - much the same as the internet at home being slow on an evening. O2 widely get the highest mobile internet speed because to support the original iPhone it had to upgrade the network to support EDGE. This mean they added a whole load of new spare capacity to the network which they can divert iphone traffic over, as well as more tradition standards which evens out the contention at the cell.
×
×
  • Create New...