Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. See the 2 blown engine thread - the quotes from the owners manuals are pretty definitive
  2. Dont see why they shouldnt be PS'd myself. Not really sure you can make a crap photo good using it, you can just make it better. And if you have the skills then why not
  3. BOOM TSH
  4. Pretty sure it tells you to run 98+ unless in emergencies then you can use 95. As Mark has pointed out countless times, it goes into high det map when you run 95RON which looses you power, but the assumption was this would also stop you engine destroying itself. If it doesnt stop it then this high det map cant be relied upon and everyone should most definately be using 98+ . However there are quite a few people who have run 95 for a long time. Dont know if they are just lucky or what.
  5. Stock map doesnt look happy on 95RON when you get upto 5k RPM does it, looks to go a but haywire. Is that it winding back the timing for knock?
  6. I'm hoping all these stories of engines going bang isnt down to running normal unleaded as theres a lot of people out there that do. I assume you both checked and topped up the oil regularly?
  7. It really is the only way to make it fair. Otherwise its just a case of who can throw the most money at it. I mean Alex would just come down from Scotland and wipe the floor with everyone if it was an open modified race
  8. The problem is its very hard to tell the difference going from 95RON to Super. What you can feel much more easily is going from Super to 95RON. I find that if you put crap fuel in you can tell within a few miles something isnt happy. I urge anyone on 95RON to run Super for a few tanks (say 3-4 for adjustment) then try 95RON again and you will feel the difference.
  9. Not that I know of. I dont use high beam often enough for it to annoy me, and you get used to the lock symbol eventually - well being the driver you do!
  10. I think its ~1600kg. I seem to remember my coupe was about that on the weighbridge when I had her done. I'll see if I can find the slip at home.
  11. This. It even says so in the filler cap
  12. Its a better investment than a wedding and will cost you a lot less in the long run... Cant argue with that
  13. Got a wedding to save for - and given my undertray is perfectly fine atm, I dont have any kind of excuse to buy it
  14. Maybe a US member can order it and let us know - someone post it on my350z.com
  15. Should have kept my old 350z, wonder if its for sale somewhere hmmmm
  16. Amanda will never live down the day she drove my Varis lip into a kerb. It was pretty scratch free until then. To think they would sell for about £500 now in a decent state 370z has a nice high front end which is good, wont ever get caught Plus with the reversing camera and the fact that it has bonnet jacks things that the GTR has, we reverse park it everywhere now!
  17. Are the window motors definately completely dead? Theres a "how to" on here about cleaning the contacts which brings them back to life. If you're handy with a spanner you should be able to do it for free (or nearly free)
  18. I get mostly "very nice" comments rather than anything about it being flash. People tend to ask how much it is rather than assuming its uber expensive. Some people say its boring
  19. Looking at your avatar you have a 350z. Its quite a common problem on a 350z. Do an advanced search for "syncro mesh" and you'll find plenty of info
  20. TBH if you've never driven another Zed, would you know those things? It took me a few minutes looking at Amandas Alfa to work out where the turbo was and I know what they look like and where its likely to be. For someone who knows nothing about cars (which tbh this seller probably doesnt know squat), if the logbook says its a turbo I think you'd beleive it. True you would expect them to know better, but they wouldnt be the first person not to know. Superchargers are very obvious, but turbo's are quite well hidden under the engine. Its the FMIC and pipework you can easily see but again only if you know what you are looking for
  21. The one in the original ad is not a Nismo 350z, its a 350z with a factory fitted Nismo V1 kit
  22. Make sure you go somewhere with a 370z demonstrator so you can drive it back to back
  23. One day you give up counting
  24. Inclined to agree. From my understanding all syncro rev does is match the revs via DBW throttle to the transmission speed, its still the syncro mesh that will allow the shift to happen smoothly. Could be wrong, but I think the actual change is all mechanical, SRM just helps match the revs and match the revs only.
×
×
  • Create New...