Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Usually that kind of problem is to do with the synco-mesh in the box as Lee says. Guess if the clutch isnt properly bled then it will not disengage properly. Get a good dealer (preferably HPC) to have a look
  2. Dont have to be up at 1am to get night shots, just wait for winter
  3. Do you drive everywhere at 5k+ RPM?
  4. Dont see why they cant be PS'd as long as you did all the work
  5. Aye, thats why we have the Alfa now me and the good lady can car share.
  6. Get searching then el Stigo - you got nothing better to do
  7. Fair point, dont want them deciding to pop the bonnet on their own accord
  8. Glad to hear its sorted Stew
  9. Had mine in single figures on the "drag strip" (private road before anyone asks ) On the 350z I got a combined 16MPG for the airfield day I did
  10. So do you reckon we could just unclip it (intact) from the bumper and tape it up somewhere?
  11. Hmmm. Think a how to should be written for this - dont fancy my car being written off for the sake of nudging a kerb or something. This is why I reverse park into a space
  12. All of them are age related, and they do tend to happen around the same time, depending on usage. Yours just so happened to all go at pretty much the same time. FWIW, my 53 Zed had done 90k+ miles when I PX'd it, and that had a new battery about a year before I think, and the window motors seemed like they were not as swish as they should be. I'm guessing they were on the way out for sure. All prefectly normal with the age of your car
  13. The bonnet rams cost enough to make it a Cat D? I knew they were expensive but
  14. Few burnouts and bit of hard braking will sort that out (thats a joke before anyone tries it!)
  15. I'd be more bothered about what happened to it to make it a Cat D Its also on the list ( viewtopic.php?f=70&t=41164 ) as being owned by wizardofoz85 who hasnt been on here in quite some time. Wonder what happened to it
  16. Compare it with AK350z's car, his is factory Nismo
  17. It copies the Invidia N1 I beleive.
  18. Well done to the marshalls, they were very quickly on it
  19. SPDs are very marmite tbh. You either love being clipped in or hate it. You do already have SPD pedals so you could try some cheap shoes to give it a go if you like. I say cheap shoes as if you dont like it, you normally cant reverse the wholes you need in the shies for the cleats. I always ride with the sping tension nice and loose so its easy to clip out. Also worth trying some multi release cleats too as they allow you to unclip in any direction - not just by twisting your feet as standard cleats do. Sounds like the brakes will be fine, so just get out and ride - although I suggest some cheap flat pedals if you dont have SPD shoes as those pedals arent designed for normal shoes
  20. Congrats Chris - he's a corker. Are you showing him pics of the Zed in the last pics?
  21. On the roof of course
  22. Although the title did make me laugh "Genuine K1" - a genuine copy
  23. If you get leg to big ring contact you are doing something very wrong and will have more to worry about if it happens in a crash (ie it will be a major stack over the bike!). Pedal to shin is never nice, especially on flats with pins, they always manage to shred your leg Thats why I love running SPDs now On the upgrade front, depending on where you're riding I'd go for tyres, new forks and brakes. Then look at drive train when it wears out. Also might be an idea go get a good bike mech to bleed your brakes if they've never been done before. Avids are known for crap bleed from the factory and its relatively quick and easy (you can get a kit to DIY for ~£30) and makes a very noticable difference. After all that lot, maybe wheels. Depends how into it you get
  24. Closing the door is fine, but you need to block them before they get next to you. If they are next to you its not sportmanship to run them off the road. Sure leave them next to no room, but dont knowingly run them off the road Vettel knew he did something wrong as his defence was he didnt see JB. If he thought he hadnt have done anything wrong he would have just said thats racing.
  25. That would have been great to see if he could do it or not
×
×
  • Create New...