Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Try doing that down here Alex, I give ya about a week before being tugged
  2. That depends on how long you commute is though doesnt it! I'm fairly fit, but doing 20 miles each way 5 days a week would be a bit too much for me. If Amanda couldnt give me a lift 2 days a week, I'd be doing shorter stints and taking the train for bits of it. Dont assume people have only come a mile or two justo get the train. I will agree that most probably have and should try cycling further, but not everyone can do the full trip. Also if trains werent so f'in packed, it wouldnt be an issue, afterall it wasnt long ago when cyclists had a whole carrige to themselves After all you have a car - why not use that rather than a packed train
  3. They did look good. Nice to see that its not a daily driver and you have seat covers to protec them - should last a bit longer than mine did
  4. Awesome, cant wait to see it/you in action
  5. Chris`I

    Stillen 370z

    Get to it Immy, NZ is that big a place, hunt it out
  6. Having worked for O2, Reuters and Visa in data processing and business inteliigence, I can tell you there is a hell of a lot of data/information out there that needs processing. There are so many systems out there that produce information these days and the information held about you and what you have been doing is mind boggling
  7. Has to be what the 5th time thats been posted? I must have missed it 4 times then OK, maybe its only like the second time its been posted since you joined
  8. Has to be what the 5th time thats been posted?
  9. Sorry to hear that. Wasnt he in hospital not that long ago? Hope he has a speedy recovery whatever it is
  10. Pulley should be fine TBH. My old 350z did near 100k miles with just changing the belts when required. Sometimes the belts need tightening - this would be the first thing to try. However if the belts are cracked then better to just replace them. From what I remember the belts need to be quite tight otherwise they do squeak.
  11. Not easily done really, best thing for local meets is to start a thread in your local region sub-forum and get people to subscribe to it. Keep a list in there and if you fancy a meet then post it up. Its that or the meet mod
  12. Chris`I

    IM BACK !!

    And now you can do tasteful mods rather than undoing their crap
  13. Had forgotten about that. I might someday get around to starting a petition to have horses wear nappies. If a dog shits in the road, owners are expected to clean it up, why not horse riders? Take a fold up spade (horse will carry it anyway!) and just shovel it into the bushes/ditch by the road This is very dangerous to bikers (motorised or not) as hitting it coming around a bend at just 20MPH and you dont stand much chance of keeping it upright
  14. Can you guys add stuff to the Meet Mod - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/meeting.php ? Theres an Add Meeting link in the top right of that page (under the usual links header). I should be able to enable that for all members if not
  15. Roadblock em and ask why they feel the need to give cyclists a bad name
  16. I always thought the best shot of Liam's Lambo was outside his house where you couldnt tell if it'd fit in the garage or not
  17. This. Get the job spec and see what skills they are after. Keeps sections on qualifications short if they arent after them and give more space for examples where you have shown the traits they are looking for and jobs a good un Also dont think the examples have to be from work. I use my scubadiving quite often as an example as I am a qualified rescue diver. As part of that I had to work under pressure, manage people, prioritise work etc. This can also be a good talking point in interviews - they want to see that you have a life outside work as thats where a lot of "out the box" thinking comes from. This was brought up when I interviewed for my current job as I sent them my contractor CV which doesnt have interests and hobbies on it and they asked me if I didnt have any and why I didnt include them.
  18. Colin - tsk tsk, a man of your experience should have known to try that Took me about a minute to give it a go after searching for a release. Amanda had the same problem in one of the hire cars she had - no obvious release in the cabin, tried to push and pull the flap - nothing. Phoned the car place and there is a tiny release (like the internal boot release in the 350z) hidden under the seat!
  19. Been there, done that The missus likes to take the spare key if we go anywhere and then usually leaves her handbag (with spare key) in the car - was very confusing the first time it happened as we were on the Wales run and the car was one day old! Thought it was broken already
  20. Its not a proximity system so you still have to physically press the button on the door or keyfob to lock or unlock. Just means you can have the key in you pocket and just use the door button. Please dont just walk off from it as it wont be locked
  21. Are you sure? Does put things into perspective.
  22. Well thank for that vote of confidence Whose doing the mapping? Sure it will be fine and give you a nice extra bit of
  23. geraghtyr200 I think
  24. You need a scanner that supports JODB rather than just OBDII or EOBD
×
×
  • Create New...