Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Thats shocking in todays age! After all if crap is building up at the bottom of the tank, that means there is always a finite amount in there, whats stopping it from going through the filter anyway when the fuel is sloshed about as you drive? Does it sit at the bottom as sludge? You would expect eventually the buildup would get so bad that it will get sucked through anyway unless is gets disolved over time or something?
  2. Looks pretty clean to me
  3. +1 - not a lot you're going to be able to do with that is there!
  4. Not a million miles away from a car engine at all really. From what I understand they are broken in at the factory. The only reason they tell you to take it easy really is so that brakes and tyres can get into working life and burn off any release agents and bed in before you give it some beans. To think that modern engines from a factory require break in is pretty mad. Rebuilt by hand (say FI etc), yes, build by factory no.
  5. Good going Swinley is a bit flat to contend with that
  6. Yeah same reason I have the 800 for, so I know my phone battery will always be ok if I need to actually make a call! I'll chuck the 205 in my bag when we come up
  7. Happy Birthday buddy
  8. Plot it on http://www.bikehike.co.uk Supprised you dont have an app on one of your spangly phones to record this stuff. Do you want my old Garmin Edge 205? Its sat here doing nothing, you can have it in Oct when we come up. Just turn it on and stick it in ya bag. Cant say how long the battery will last as its a few years old now, but good enough to log rides. My 800 is slowly gathering new toys. As well as HR strap, I now have the cadence sensor for the road bike now. Doesnt half help on the road keep your cadence up and in the right region. I feel less knackered when I've got to work having spung faster and used less leg power to get there
  9. Fully agree chaps, thats why I quote hub figures in my sig and garage This is why we need dyno shootouts so we can all dyno together
  10. This is true, but while OEMs quote flywheel figures people will strive to "guess" what theirs is compared to the OEM figure. This is why DynoDynamics seem to always give you figures quoted at the fly - and more savvy members request at the wheel. I didnt have mine dyno'd before I started fitting mods so we had no way of knowing what it was compared to stock. Mark had a stock car in which dyno'd at 275@hubs (293 with drop-in filters, exhuast and UpRev), mine dyno'd at 303 with exhaust and intakes, it gained a further 5HP with UpRev (quite a bit more low down grunt though). So make of all that what you will
  11. Normally drivetrain losses are quoted at 15-17% which gives somewhere between 355-360HP. Always nice to over egg it given its an auto If you say its ~30HP loss then that only gives me 338HP which means I've gained 8HP over stock which isnt right. Say 40HP for an auto, gives 348HP, which is probably more likely. Need to get it on a DynoDynamics and see what that decides it is.
  12. Because its what OEMs quote and its the number people want to know. I.e. I have a 370z - it comes from the factory with a quoted power of ~330HP. I got it dyno'd after fitting exhaust, intakes and having UpRev. I get 308HP@hubs. How do I compare that to the OEM figure? You cant - you can only use flywheel. In my case its ~360HP which is a nice 30HP bump
  13. We went to Swinley for our weekly outing (not so weekly atm!)
  14. Mmmm - tea and cake
  15. My arms scales say A LOT! Seriously must be about 45lbs each at least. The Recaro's I replaced them with were 30lbs and they were somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 the weight of the Nissan seats I'd guess.
  16. Yeah that was pretty cool. Guess these days its not actually that hard to come up with cameras that can be actuated if you have the budget. Definately something new for the vid which they all need as theres only limited stunts you can do with a car like that.
  17. Want some of those for commuting
  18. - we seen it in the MTB thread already Another amazing vid from Danny, so much more professionally shot than the others from Concrete Circus IMO. Other vids were great to give them their credit. The skateboarder is mad, not what I would call skateboarding at all, but can really appreciate the skills he has. Freerunners are just mental too
  19. OEM install has the GPS receiver behind there in the dash so it should be ok. I concur with BM about mobile/tablet reception - their receivers wont be as big or sensative so may have problems in there. Stand alone solutions shouldnt have a problem though
  20. I have a feeling you had an OK car Think they need to be a bit more specific than OK. Sounds like its meant to be "known defect" or something. Sounds to me like some managerial type monkey has made it up so that he can get the pass rate up on his reports to cover up for things not being right. We used to use this approach to defect management when we wanted to make the last 0.01% in difference analysis to get us over the threshold - like "its ok we know its a defect, but its no biggie - lets count it as a pass anyway"
  21. Dont forget to colour it in nicely, all the best managers I've worked with use pastel colours
  22. Knowing Nissan they'd still want £1k a corner, so closer to 1/4 of the price
  23. You should be able to read PMs just not reply. Couple more posts and you can use that feature
  24. Dont worry, Dave is just joking about
×
×
  • Create New...