Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I find the best way to see what is coming is to browse the US forums for new features then ask contacts at NMGB when we are going to get them. Was like pulling teeth when finding out about the 40th version, I knew more than NMGB
  2. Reversing camera is now included as part of Connect Premium as of MY11 cars
  3. According to Toby (EH370z) who works for a Nissan Dealer, there isnt an update avialable yet
  4. Both sound about right for TCS to be happy
  5. Reversing camera FTW
  6. Only so much you can do in a car I guess and they are running out of ideas? Time to break out the bond style corkscrew jumps and loop the loops I think
  7. This is why I wanted the traders view. If it was done on the cheap cash in hand then they may have an excuse. As it is it looks like a reasonable price was paid, so personally I'd expect it to be put right FOC.
  8. I'm talking about rolling radius, not width of tyres. For the car to understand if the rear wheels are spinning it monitors the speed of the front and rear wheels (rear wheels spin faster, then TCS will kick in). Now as standard, the rear wheels have a bigger rolling radius than the fronts (IIRC there is a 3% difference). For the TCS to keep working you need to factor in this difference and keep it the same. As soon as you change it (more than a percent or two) it will get confused. Now the absolute rolling radius doesnt matter, what you need to keep in mind is the percentage difference front to rear wheels. I've written a detailed comparison before so give it a search and you'll find the numbers. You can run non OEM rolling radius so long as you keep this relation of front to rear correct
  9. but a goodie
  10. Just keep the ratio of rolling radius front to back the same as OEM and the TCS (traction control) wont be a problem. Saying you will just turn it off all the time is asking for trouble. If you have a crash and the insurance find out you had TCS off then you may not be covered.
  11. This should be done with caution. The stock TCS is very touchy about rolling radius of tyres, particularly in relation to the ration of front vs back rolling radius. If you want to run a lower profile tyre, typically you'd install wheels which are bigger. Ie move from 18" to 19" and run lower profile while keeping the same rolling radius. This way you wont effect the gap or TCS but have a nicer looking setup
  12. +1 - please feel free to contact the team if you feel this is a problem. FYI we can see which users post from which IP's and the software does report when multiple users post from the same internet address, so I can see the truth (not going to reveal it though as the OP doesnt want to) I would make the trader aware of this thread and give them right to reply. IMO I would want it fixed, thats not what I would expect. But also it depends on how much you paid and what you agreed to. Please lets not try and turn this into a witch hunt until we have both sides of the story.
  13. Need pics really - can you get some and post them?
  14. I didnt want to do mine off the SIM as my old SIM didnt have multiple numbers for people which the phone did. Windows contacts kept that
  15. Mine started to use more oil once it past 75k miles. Before that I didnt need to top up between each service but after that it did need a bit. If people werent in the habit of checking often, I think a lot of the older ones will now behaving problems if they've let the engine run nearly dry before.
  16. I will agree with some of the points. All phones I've had before you can BT your old contacts over as a whole address book - with iPhone you have to sync with Windows. No biggie when you realise but its a PITA initially (only have to do it once though dont you!). Also a pain that you cant easily drag'n'drop songs onto the phone via Windows, and have to use iTunes, but I dont use it for music much so doesnt bother me again.
  17. All the important people are - dont know what you two are moaning about Totally agree with everything Al says. I dont mind the floor mounted pedal now, but I dont have the manual so dont want or need to heel-toe, I think it would annoy me if I did. Equally I dont have the pedal position problem as I only have 2 pedals Cant say I noticed it when I had a go in Colins or the demo car I had though. I do have small feet though.
  18. Having to put over a tanks worth of fuel in the Zed a week made me go a bit points mad I think the next stash of vouchers will be paying for a nice trackday experience for mwah. Last lot went on a watch for Amanda which cost her a fiver to get a really nice watch from Goldsmiths (a fair few hundred quids worth!) and the current lot are going on a birthday pressie for me mum
  19. Also I think they are doing a 3x or 4x multiplier in store atm, not just the usual 1x for points trade in. Clubcard creditcard is the way to go if you want to get the most points though and use a credit card - we use ours to pay for everthing and pay it off when the bill comes in
  20. I like to quote the yank figures - makes the car more powerful
  21. I used to fill up once a week about the same as you. Used to get £12/quarter, so about £50/yr. Then you get the multiplier on most things (3x) so works out about £150 to spend on nice hotels or days out etc. Get a Clubcard creditcard and you get double points at the pump (Tesco the shop give you one lot, Tesco finance then give you the same again)
  22. +1 - great when you first hear it as it sounds mental, but on anything other than a Sunday driver it will drive you nutts
  23. Chris`I

    Jaguar XF-R

    You are mean
  24. Micheldever are excellent - not always the cheapest but they know their stuff
×
×
  • Create New...