-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
People who drive fast cars are idiots?
GMballistic replied to twobears's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It's a really sad world we live in sometimes (read that as most of the time) that other people cannot just get on with their own lives & let other people just do what makes them happy. My car has cost me a lot of money to own & mod but for that I have sacrificed many things, ...I haven't been on a holiday in over a decade or more, gave up smoking at the start of the year (not for health reasons, just to give me more free money to spend on my car), don't eat out & rarely buy myself gadgets/DVD's or any other frivolous items. In fact one of my favourite songs really sums it up best I think. It's by "Armand Van Helden" and it's called "U don't know me". Lyrics below... "You don't even know me, you say that I'm not living right, you don't understand me, so why do you judge my life? I don't ask for nothing, I'm always holding my own, Every time I turn around there's something, people talking about what they don't know, and when I try to move on up, their always pulling me down! I'm tired yeah and I've had enough, it's my life and I'm living it now. You don't even know me, you say that I'm not living right, you don't understand me, so why do you judge my life? I always wonder why, people try to hurt me, no happiness in their own life, so they act out all their jealousy, who are you to say that I'm living wrong? always telling me what to do. I decided yeah, I gotta be strong, What makes me think that I needed you?! You don't know me." Link: -
Like the number plate on that, ...it's Grreat.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Hi folks - advice needed please !
GMballistic replied to jbp's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
They don't come fitted to imports no but some imports will have these fitted ~ not as standard but as an after market install. You will need to check that though with the seller of the import car you're interested in buying. If it doesn't have one though you can buy a decent enough Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser for around £70-£80 & up (Toad, Clifford etc). Fitting costs vary so you will need to check that locally with an Auto electrician or Audio installation centre. Once fitted I believe they will also give you a certificate or similar stating the grade of alarm you have for the insurance. Years ago I had a mobile firm fit a Thatcham approved Toad alarm to an old car of mine at home. It was about £400 to do that but it was a top of the range alarm at the time & obviously they came to my house so cost more again. For example: http://www.soundsalarminguk.com/security.htm Hope that helps. -
^^ Do it if you can Zedd. I've been taking photographs mainly just of car's since I was very young, ...maybe ten, eleven years old or so? My old man used to take me & my brother to Castle Combe race circuit throughout the 90's to watch the races & go to a few track days. As I was too yound to drive (at first) I just used to constantly take pictures of the car's whilst I was there. Wasn't uncommon for me to go through 3-4 rolls of 35mm film with around 24-36 pictures on each roll. The thing with 35mm film is as you can't see the picture until it's developed you never really know how good the picture will come out until it's developed. Takes practice to get a good shot first time & hopefully I'm pretty good at framing my shot's by now.
-
From what I can find on my350Z .com it's a standard part. Single entry in with dual exhaust tips. Part number CD-700. Link: http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/140907-stock-350z-touring-come-with-calsonic-exhust.html Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-08-Nissan-350z-Exhaust-Muffler-Stock-OEM-With-Only-39K-/171504925194?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ee7d7a0a Never noticed on mine when I changed it. Hope that helps.
-
Think you need to get yours "boosted" with some FI performance ingredients & a bulge bonnet to show your oldman what's what. Frosted leather seats get dirty too easily so who wants them anyway. (although I would like them. ) Thanks Stu. It's the first time I've ever played around with pictures like that, ..adjusting the shading, saturation, highlights etc and I'm very pleased how they turned out.
-
Someones busted. Never good but maybe it was an emergency like his Mrs was having a baby or something? Doubtful but just saying.
-
Sounds good Keith. Remember though the Zed should only be run on Super Unleaded so make sure it's the Momentum99 you're using if getting fuel at Tescos.
-
Saw one of these Jags today in the flesh whilst I was on my way home. Have to say it looked fantastic especially the rear lights which had like red side markers at the top corners. Had a real presence on the road & looked very modern.
-
+1. Hope it turns out how you want it to Pritchard.
-
Very nice Chris and love the "Shell" lamp.
-
Sounds fantastic and doesn't look half bad either. Enjoy the new ride.
-
Great stuff ~ good to hear the Zed Shed are still making Zed owners happy with their skills.
-
Vlad's Supercharged 350Z - pg20 Banzai Mag Feature
GMballistic replied to Vlad's topic in Member Build Projects
Stop taunting us then, ...what's in them please? -
Thanks, I appreciate the nice comments. I only ended up with the new alloys earlier in the year because I started chatting with Mitz about spacers, ...then realised I needed tyres pretty soon, ...then saw Scott_f91's Zed with Rotas on and before I knew it I was striking up a package deal with Mitz. Must be worse for you with your son doing things to his, ...Dad's Zed should be better after all. Pretty sure you're in with a good chance of getting in the calendar with the signature picture as it looks great.
-
No worries just thought I'd give you a heads up. The mods can move it for you if you ask.
-
Just fyi there is a section for these posts. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/40-spotted-on-ebay-or-other/ The guy has no feedback whatsoever and is obviously just trying his luck. No way anyone would pay that for a 2005 with 80K on the clock & just a body kit etc.
-
Something not right here?
GMballistic replied to Ewen@Clark Motorsport's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Just send me £500 fully refundable to secure the car and I'll tell you Hugh. Pmsl. -
Something not right here?
GMballistic replied to Ewen@Clark Motorsport's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Scammer using someone's "legitimate" business and feedback score to lure in the gullible. Either that or someone's gone off their meds. As I said then originally; scammer. Booo. Really wanted the Porsche at that price. -
Something not right here?
GMballistic replied to Ewen@Clark Motorsport's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
I'd guess a hacked ebay account. None of the suspiciously priced cars appear on their website at all and there's a lot more "stock" listed on ebay than their own site too. Why would someone hack their account though and do that? Strange. -
It's inevitable with a Zed sorry Steve.
-
If you just do the pedal dance and turn off the EML then yes that's not good as you won't know what the problem is but what Sam was saying is that firstly you can read the code as there is a way to get the EML to flash at you like morse code. It is in the manual somewhere I believe telling you how to do this. You could just buy a code reader though like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-OBD2-CAN-BUS-CAR-FAULT-CODE-READER-SCANNER-DIAGNOSTIC-SCAN-TOOL-U480-/281470467523?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4188f27dc3 Then look at this to see what the code means: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81962-350z-fault-codes-in-pdf/