Jump to content

nissanman312

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    5,907
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nissanman312

  1. Can anyone point me in the right direction of somewhere/one that can do a me a geo set up around these areas I was going to go to centre gravity but they are well booked into aprill and I'm going to Europe in the car at the start of aprill so will book in with them before my June trip Untill then tho I need the goe checking/tweaking as I've changed the ride hight a bit Obviously I know I can go to a generic tyre garage but didn't know if we had anyone in this area that knows there stuff a bit better Tia.
  2. Awsome Not the rub tho lol
  3. Welcome along
  4. Yes mate stillen supercharger Ecutek traction is Awsome It's adjustable via the cruise control and is loads slicker than stock you don't feel it cutting in like stock So yeah pretty much you can nail it and go
  5. My FN2 made 230lbft, and 200lbft from 3500 but that felt a bit quicker than my current 370z @ 304whp, must be because it's 200kg lighter , oh and the gearing was a lot shorter even with my longer FD. Is there a roots or twinscroll charger made by someone? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Ello mate, sorry missed this question, yes, there is a roots type supercharger, made by stillen. Many people hate it because it doesn't make as much peak power as the centrifugal ones, and requires hood and strut brace modification to fit. However, it does have a very nice plot, lots of nice low end torque, even if it does lack a bit at the top end. I loved my Eaton roots 'charged cooper S, it was a madman from any revs, just put your foot on the floor and hold on for dear life! That's exactly the same as my FN2 CT Roots charger. It would probably max out at around 370-380bhp charge cooled with an optimum setup. But importing it from the US made it way more expensive than Rotrex Centrifugal. Plus with an average non charged cooled setup, it would tend to make not much more than 300bhp (my friend made 330) whereas the cheaper Rotrex would make nearer 400. Obviously BRexit has made all US manufactured products a lot of expensive and unappealing. Yet comparing the power delivery, on an NA 2.0ltr even at lesser psi and much less BHP, the roots makes power and torque way further down, like I said over 200lbft from 2000-3000rpm is possible. The Rotrex might only make 130-140lbft at the same point. A 60-70lbft difference in torque is hugely noticeable when the little engine only makes 140lbft peak at 7000rpm from the factory. The roots chargers simply pull very hard low down. However there' a limit to how much low down torque you're making, more so on FWD and RWD. Too much and you'll just spin up in the first 3 gears. So on the 370z I'd say it already has a decent amount of low down torque, as you approach 400bhp NA on good road tyres I guess you're near or perhaps beyond the limits of traction in 2nd gear, certainly 1st. I'm not sure as mine only makes about 350bhp and I'm new to the scene so I know nothing of forced induction setups and any boost control options on the ECU. So in that way a centrifugal power delivery is probably better to make use of the power in lower gears unless you have a great boost by gear or TC system that can effectively control it without slowing the car down further. Yet in the higher gears, having the low/mid range torque is great. I saw a twin turbo 370z vs a bunch of cars and the pulling power was immense once it was rolling, on the K20 the roots charge made even more low torque than few turbo kits that would come on at around 5k onwards. Anyway, I think a 370z with 500bhp roots charges for example would surely make too much low down torque to handle without boost limiting and ofc in the states many build their cars purely for highway racing like 80-200mph lol so it doesn't really matter. I love the idea or a twin turbo or Supercharged 370 @ around 500bhp but it would depend on how reliable the kits are and the engine. And even the centrifugal chargers add some power low end, maybe not enough to pull from 2000rpm but a big improvement over stock? The little bullet proof 2.0 4cyl K20 can handle 400bhp no problem on stock internals. I think the S2k has forged internals Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk My 370 at 475 bhp puts the power down a treat With ecuteks epic tc playing it's part I suspect
  6. And get back on the horse yourself so to speak lol It will be a welcome distraction
  7. Dan that's a bit harsh But I do agree unfortunately
  8. I realy need to get mine in to get it set up properly Great mews you're happy with the kit it was recommended to me by bennet as a great half way house of functionality price and build quality Goodles news on the new lady aswell mate Are petrol head as well
  9. I went back and forth for a good while in this situation with a women who had children about 6/7 years ago I screwed my brain over her for months but all the time keept getting myself out with friends meeting new people untill one day ... she text me out of the blue and I found myself not even entertaining a reply Infact Deleted her messages and never looked back. Just give your self time! get out live your life Give it long enough you will look back and wonder how you was so botherd about it
  10. Ohhhh pink Is there any dyno info on these yet Adrian
  11. I passed at Cadwell..... with invidia /de cats and supercharger So did my pal with same set up on on a 350 maybey the tester was feeling generous
  12. I went with the quaife in the end but I don't think it quite gives you the shove you guys talk off It is a more refined tho You don't know it's there to be hounest in terms of noise
  13. If you have a time read this article on OEM 350z Brembos and they performances.... https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6446_6565 Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk That's a good read I'm I a 370 but think ill stick with stock brakes and good fluid and pads
  14. A few have done it i know of a good condition used set with upgraded dics and pads if you go ahead with the upgrade
  15. Spoiler looks good Right choice to change it imo Keep up the good work
  16. I still prefer Chris Harris in his own online stuff He seems so much more natural
  17. I just thinks it's Awsome that we 2 decent car shows now happy days
  18. I've got a few options But do tell
  19. Hmmm sounds bloody Awsome I've got to go back to Litchfield to get a oil presure sensor mapped into ecu I might have to get this added to my ecutek tune
  20. I got one when my steering lock failed And then smashed it up pmsl
  21. So you're not able to retain the stock crash bar then? That tow bar looks fairly neat. Ummmm not realy I plan on either doing what ZMANALEX has done on his tt set up or getting one of those fi style ones fabed up Here's what Alex did. I like it
  22. Thanks for comming mate Nice to see you
  23. We were asked not share photos etc on social media I'm sure people will tho I didn't take any sorry
×
×
  • Create New...