-
Posts
5,907 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by nissanman312
-
Says on the ebay advert a new 17 GTR is on the cards. Nice Nino dude Thats a lie loool! i might buy my old 370z back i like the sound of the greddy twin turbo I dont get that move dude ? Why would you
-
Today's little mod
-
That looks smart Do you still run the stock crash bar with that intercooler
-
So I thought I'd give you all my thoughts on centre gravity as I'm bored at work lol So I got there around 8 am on the 26 th I was greeted by Chris and Pete straight away they were very welcoming and got the kettle on Then it was down to business! they asked me what I used the car for and what I wanted from the day,they asked if there was anything I particularly felt was wrong with the way the car handled and what had prompted me to bring the car in. I told them it was 95%road car with 1/2 track days a year Once we established what I was looking for it was time for a test drive. Pete explained what his test drive included for him to try and work out what needed changing on the car. So he takes the car out of the industrial estate and around the first island to look for understeer which he found and bags of it. The next test consists of driving up the a5 which has left hand hand and right hand camber for him to establish if the car wants to sit straight or wonder around on its own path. We found from this that the car was very keen to turn left not so to turn right to the piont that it would slowly pull left on a right hand camber. Then on to a bumpy b road which is where I felt the car was most out of shape but I couldn't put my finger on why Pete notice this straight away he said the front didn't feel bad but the rear was terrible bouncing and jigging all over to the point you just let off throttle and slow down! Not a good recipe for having fun. Then he dose a few tests over cobbled streets and speed humps to listen for any unwanted knocks or rattles luckily it was ok in this department which was good as it meant we could get back and crack on getting it set up(or should I say Pete could lol) So once it goes up on the ramps and the geo gear goes on all is revealed What a mess the back end is all over the show hence not realy wanting to get above 50/60 on a bit road for feeling like the car was throwing you around. Although I should say apart from this the car didn't handle to bad or so I thought as explained later Pete explains to me on the computer what's happening and what he suggests to sort it. He sets to work inviting me to stay close and learn how he goes about achieveing a nice set up and correcting the mess that is my back end lol Pete works on the car pretty much for the next 3 to 4 hours to get somewhere close then he has a bite to eat before cracking on with the afternoon shift setting up the dampers and cornerweights. I want to soften things up a bit while keeping the ride feeling sporty Pete explains as I have the Ebaich roll bars we can achieve this nice compromise as we are not solely reliant on the kw's to provide stiffness to the chassis. So we go a few clicks softer than what kw recommend and it's spot on Then Pete sets up the corner weights he explains that I am only about 30kg out across the board but says we can do better lol So we end up with nothing no difference across the car. All this takes a good full day and so much is explained to me during the day I may have left a lot out so I apologise if so. Pete explained to me by looking at my tyres that there was just no need for the camber I had he showed me that I wasn't even getting onto the outside of the tyre in cornering so he said I can have it back when I prove I can use it So for the moment of truth was the cost of a full set up worth it ?? God yes The car is so easy to drive now it drives straight no nasty pulling at the wheels so you have to constantly adjust the steering and the wheel feels so light Understeer at road speeds at least is gone 100% And on that bumpy b road you can cary another 20/30 mph easily with feeling on edge The price for all this 480+vat A Lot Of Money Yes But I've spent thousands on my car and this was one of the most value for money noticeable things I've spent money on The car just feels right and I can't wait for Europe now Bring on the hairpins
-
I agree the 350/370 doesn't like being launched Not that I realy bother I just know they are not the most willing to shoot off the line
-
Once only in Scotland around 3 years ago I was going a touch to quick lol And somehow got away with a lot of apologies thank god
-
I had this conversation the other day My car gets the best of oil and parts on a regular basis but I know if I sell People would rather see I nissan stamp in the book I just keep all my paperwork for all bits bought and when it was done! I dont the trust nissan at all
-
I'd like to drive a 370 with this diff to compare to my quaife
-
So I had my day at centre gravity today . I will sit down and write up a full review of the day after the weekend as I'm away but wow the car feels beautiful to drive now so balanced and sharp yet compliant exactly what I was after. Untill I can write a the full day up here's a couple of pictures
-
CAT Driver Training with 350z-uk.com
nissanman312 replied to Stutopia's topic in Motorsport & Track Days
That sounds like trouble lol I just have to fight my sensible head with money against my arggh sod it head -
Sneak peek at the new JR25/JR26 Wheels
nissanman312 replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Agreed -
Abbey Motorsport VQ35 built in a Nissan PS13 V6 drift car
nissanman312 replied to Mark@Abbey m/s's topic in Abbey Motorsport
Looks beastly -
yeah they look great i have a pal races an m3 it was built by hrd this season but they have since parted company built an awsome car tho The blue one Butler engine Just realised we have well hijacked this thred lol Sorry
-
Adrian do these have airbags in or not ? I'm quite fond of airbags pmsl
-
Good luck mate Just in time for summer fun
-
yeah i think its going to be worth it just peace of mind knowing its all set up nice especially with two euro trips this year i fully intend to spend my day learning not sitting in the waiting room! the nice thing seems to be that they encourage this aswell from what they said on the phone i will be sure to post up my thoughts on the day on my build thred
-
yeah id love to look like him in the gym however i like cake to much lol
-
yeah there is loads on them fronts are at 6m althogh have took the very inside edge off with to much neg camber i have gone for the full chasis tune as the i have fitted kw v3 ,roll bars ,and adjustble front and rear arms and the car including ride height and bump and rebound has never realy been set up properly the car defentily rides a bit stiff and dosnt soak the bumps up like id like i just hope i notice a diffrence because the full days not cheap as you know
-
Yeah far to much tread on them unfortunately In what way would the tyres affect things Genuine inquiry
-
I'm watching it with out a doubt can't bloody wait I think they are both true gents but you wouldn't want a snack off either lol Its nice to see two boxers showing each other respect instead of playing up for the cameras
-
I'm in centre gravity on Friday for a full day I can't wait to see what they do for my car Also on Bridgestones for now untill they are worn out then I'll go with the new Michelin
-
Best thing to do is get along to a few places and sit in few seats see what fits you best I guess
-
Not sure on these seats, but a member picjed up similar ones from a Juke RS I think (?). They were around £1,500 and that was considered a bargain. Might not a good idea for me the 6'2 17 stone lol
-
i thought of you aswell when i saw these
-
Would love a set of these I'm going good to have to wait tho Full chassis tune on Friday is cleaning me out Glwts