Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Factory tyre sizes on LMGT4's are 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear Pretty much all modern rear wheel drive cars have wider rears.
  2. I was lowered 25mm+ with a V2 bumper and it was fine, scrapes on the bottom, but nothing that was visible. The V1 lip looks crap, don't get it.
  3. Tarmac's selling fibreglass TS style for about half the price of CF.
  4. Nuts are the same for 350 Rays and standards, there is a difference in 370Z Rays, though.
  5. An exhaust and a gear knob doesn't come under the "modified" banner in my book, the drop in filters are a service item and the UpRev is merely a map to ensure the car is running as smoothly as it can with the new exhaust
  6. Intercooler in the centre and an oil cooler each side where the screen wash bottles used to be, not sure where the bottles have been relocated, though. Cool I wanted to see how tight it was with the mishimoto rad It's dam tight in there now as it is But it was in there so it must work Unless some surgery was required
  7. A full service history is just a full documentation of the services that the car has had, it doesn't mean that the car has been serviced "correctly".
  8. Intercooler in the centre and an oil cooler each side where the screen wash bottles used to be, not sure where the bottles have been relocated, though.
  9. The lower the car gets the more the wheel tuck in, the only way to know for sure is to wind down the coilovers and see.
  10. In this day and age of the internet and dealership websites, Autotrader etc, I think most people go to a dealership knowing the exact car they want to look at, so a salesman asking how much you have to spend isn't relevant as you know the car you're after. Surely the days of walking into the local 2nd hand dealer not having a clue what you're after are long gone? I know they still ask about your budget, but I never tell them as it's not important, I'm here to look at this 1 car, not their whole fleet.
  11. Out of curiosity, what sort of money would the GTR manifold cost? I believe it's been made to fit the VQ37?
  12. Nothing wrong with it except the silly yellow tint. I've seen much "worse" looking modified Zeds from long term "respected" members.
  13. Thats because the zeds cluster has an overhang. People get it day of night in the Zed after painting the centre console a brighter colour.
  14. All windows do it, even the ones in your house. Dark outside and lights inside make a reflection.
  15. Service record leaves a lot to be desired, apart from that it looks a great buy, providing it's running ok and is checked over by someone who knows what he's doing.
  16. To the top
  17. So it hasn't had a chain replaced then, unless there was a serious issue. If any belts have been done it'll be the aux belts. Do you have any paperwork to suggest the belts or anything else was changed at this P3?
  18. Worth a punt at that price!
  19. This is a lesson in how to ruin your car with cheap tacky eBay tat.
  20. KyleR

    HR air mods

    Why would a silicone hose increase HP?
  21. KyleR

    HR air mods

    Enjoy it standard for now if you're happy, give it 12 months and you'll have changed just about everything
  22. The problem is in red.^^^
  23. Unlocked sealed 64gb iPhone 6's are sub £450 on eBay.
  24. I image the M2 is supposed to be a P2 which would be a major service. Was it a P1 before that? The only real difference between the 2 is the air filters get changed at the P2 and P3 interval. I wonder if the service alert you got has anything to do with the spark plugs? You'd be around the right mileage/age for them now.
  25. Here's the real reason- I just had the M6 serviced, I purchased all the fluids myself, some from the local main dealer who had the wrong diff fluid listed on their computer for the car, so I had to google the part number to order it. If if have just handed the car in to get serviced, it would or have the wrong diff oil. That's not even the big reason, the big reason is I asked them for their labour rate and they quoted me £100+VAT! Since I was having quite a major service it was likely to take a few hours, I'm not paying £360 for a service which doesn't include parts! I went to a well regarded BMW Indy about 10 miles away, he cut his teeth in my local Nissan dealer then went on to Bavarian BMW (biggest BMW dealer in NI) and from there to BMW Sydney, so he knows a thing or 2 about about BMWs. What really impressed me was his knowledge of what oils I should be using, when I mentioned the diff he made sure I had the right stuff, not the oil listed on BMWs system or some rubbish from OpieOils or the like. That gave me the confidence to use him. I dropped the car off for all oils to be changed, called back the next day, handed him £100, got the book stamped and a receipt and off I went home, £260 better off than if I'd used the main dealer, plus got a mechanic who knew what he was doing without using a computer to give him a step by step guide.
×
×
  • Create New...