Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Well done mate, no one deserves it more
  2. I had a Hyundai S-coupe, old school lol
  3. If you've cleared the code and it came back, It's time for a new sensor probably. Hopefully it's nothing more serious.
  4. Your fuel sensor will be dirty, it's very common and it causes the car to show as empty with still a load of fuel in there. I've usually about 15 litres in there when the DTE shows 0 miles.
  5. Useful info, I thought 3SDM only did VAG offsets
  6. P1147 is usually nothing. Wipe the code and see if it comes up again. The sensor may be dirty or loose. Do you have decats or HFCs?
  7. Just to settle the import/UK argument, I'm 100% certain it's an import. Stalks are the wrong way round for UK cars and since it's a Cat C, that'll be why it has a UKDM rear bumper and front plate. So, IMO it's worth about £4.5k depending on mileage and current condition.
  8. Not an S-Tune in my opinion after seeing that last photo. Pretty sure it's just your run of the mill £5,500 import
  9. I think, but I've certainly seen it lately.
  10. Arc oil catch can, +1 spare for me (350Z version) Totally serious BTW
  11. Will, I may be wrong, but I don't think the roadster had bluetooth phone until the HR, so those buttons wouldn't.
  12. Safe option is always to go with the insurance, that way you're guaranteed to have the work done to an acceptable standard, providing the insurance company allows you to choose where to have the job done. However, as you mention, you don't want to screw the young fella up for the next few years. If the dad seems sound and runs a good restoration business, then that seems like a good option to me, so long as he doesn't just basically flip write offs on the cheap. Decemeber 2012 my partner was rear ended (Yeroo) by a young driver. Her dad came down to see the damage the next day after we had a quote at a shop that I was happy with. I'd previously googled him and found he was a school principal, so that filled me wilt confidence that he'd do the right thing. We agreed to leave the car in at my body shop and once it was finished, he'd call over to pay for it and we'll all be done with it. Everything went off without a hitch and the car was looking better than ever. 3 weeks later we traded in it for a 1 series, but thats besides the point Personally, i'd give the dad a chance, but as mentioned earlier, check out his business and see if it's the kind of place you can trust to do the work to your standard. I'd also consider bringing the car to another shop to get an idea of whats needed. They may be able to tell you if the hinges are damaged or the frame. Then you can agree to source the parts that are required and he can pay for them, that way they'll have already paid for the part and can't pretend to have replaced it, when they just bent it back.
  13. I agree. Usually what I tell people is to go and do everything, gear, diff, engine oils, brake fluid, Coolant, belts and plugs. But if your belts look new and have evidence of a plug change then forget those Depending where you are, take it to a good Indy, there are a few specialists on the forum which may be close and can look the whole car over for you.
  14. When I was lifting cash out to buy the car 2 years ago I think the max was £1500 and had to order if I wanted more. On top of that I could only get a max of £5k on any one day Good job I wasn't buying a 10-12k HR then!
  15. I'm guessing that the key battery was dieing and now dead. By changing the battery out you've wiped the memory so now have to repair it with the car as above
  16. Been around for a while, but as mentioned already, it dries a kinda white cloudy matt finish which isn't ideal for cars unfortunately. I'm sure it's only a matter or time before they improve it though.
  17. So long as you do the relearn procedure it'll be fine. I've fettled with mine numberous times
  18. As far as you know Zed only has 1 key and it's always on me oh wait you meant...
  19. you don't say That sentence is the understatement of the century
  20. Brilliant. ...should add and only you're allowed to rag it. I thought I'd be a little more subtle than that
  21. Mines the more square version too, same steps to set it up. I have those instructions at home too but found EPR's easier to follow
  22. Would you hire out your girlfriend? Same effing thing, only I'm allowed in it
  23. Check ep racings subsection, that's where I got the calibration instructions.
  24. Do I have to do everything around here? http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62527-arrans-azure-350-gt-black-handles-more-12414/page__st__100 Post No. 107.
  25. Ata boiiii! Even if it's just to satisfy all of our curiosity, it'll be worth it
×
×
  • Create New...