Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Just use sandpaper or wet&dry like you mentioned with any abrasive cleaner, metal polish, tcut, toothpaste, rubbing compound etc etc it is possible by hand with some real elbow grease or better still a DA polisher if you have one I used megs metal polish as I had some already for my exhaust and the headlights on my 2004 Zed came up like new
  2. Can't be a feminine thing or Ekona would love them as much as you do
  3. Cosmic, girl Sorry lame JK joke
  4. http://incartec.co.uk/Manufacturer/Model/Brand/Device/Radio/Browser.aspx For the fascia, ISO connectors, steering wheel adapters etc Any standard size DD will be fine, if it is slightly smaller it will have an adapter, the Pioneer f900bt is slightly smaller than standard DD so uses an extra fascia as well as the standard one
  5. Nice one
  6. As I said though maybe my headlights where in worse shape than other owners ~ definitely wasn't going to be fixed with some Colgate toothpaste or whatever. Anyway wasn't £20, ...it was £17 actually. I would bet a fair bit that the megs stuff is not too much different than toothpaste.... plus you don't get minty headlights
  7. The thread was started by a 370z Nismo 'hater' anyway wasn't it
  8. Can only be a good thing then
  9. More like something she would ask you, they say 'yeah? You really think so?'
  10. See you say that Dave but I disagree. I tried Meguairs ScratchX 2.0, Autosol, Uncle Pooters Blue Bullet and a few other products on my headlights and none of them got them to look as good as they do now after using the Meguairs headlight restoration kit. Maybe my headlights where in worse condition than some others but they looked basically identical to the pictures Adrian_CNC posted and only the Meguairs kit with the sanding pads got them back to new condition again. Just my experience. P.s. I don't work for Meguairs fyi so have no reason to favour their products over others. Opinions are like bum holes, we all have one True and it's my opinion that the Meguairs is worth the money, ...but it is a FACT that it worked on my headlights compared with the products I listed that I had tried. Also a FACT that products costing a fraction have worked for lots of other members too, just not for you I don't normally vote to skimp on looking after cars but why pay £20 if you don't have to
  11. See you say that Dave but I disagree. I tried Meguairs ScratchX 2.0, Autosol, Uncle Pooters Blue Bullet and a few other products on my headlights and none of them got them to look as good as they do now after using the Meguairs headlight restoration kit. Maybe my headlights where in worse condition than some others but they looked basically identical to the pictures Adrian_CNC posted and only the Meguairs kit with the sanding pads got them back to new condition again. Just my experience. P.s. I don't work for Meguairs fyi so have no reason to favour their products over others. Opinions are like bum holes, we all have one
  12. Just sold the JVC I had in my Zed and the Mazda, went for £175 on eBay..
  13. Digital Radio DAB is shite only decent quality sound is the the BBC channels and they sound even better on FM anyway
  14. I remember that f900bt fitted in my Zed 2 days after I bought the car and it stayed there until you bought it.... been a faithful Zed servant that unit
  15. Doesn't sound good at all, hope you get it sorted
  16. A lot of car for less than £6k I recon a nice 2.7D or better still a 3.0D XF will give you plenty of room for child seats and buggies in the rear
  17. Easy money, sign me up
  18. I didn't pass 1st time, realised I had failed halfway through so just floored it after that, the examiner was glad to get out
  19. I'm afraid the swear filters won't allow me to explain how awesome it sounds Can only imagine how great it sounds
  20. I've been negative because I genuinely don't like the 370 and the Nismo doesn't seem to add much to the package. If I was in the market for a new 370 or someone asked me I would recommend a standard one, aftermarket exhaust of choice, upRev, maybe intakes too and you would have in my opinion a better package Doesn't mean that anyone that has bought one is a fool, just means they have a different opinion, and as long as they are happy with it that's all that matters. For what it is worth imo this place would be far worse if members felt they couldn't voice their opinion, good or bad, as long as they are not personal are abusive
  21. I hope you are joking, that first one is hideous! Agree, can see why Adrian likes it
  22. You can spend £20 or more on specialist products if you want or just use a bit of whatever you clean your exhaust with, autosol or metal cleaner. Pretty much anything with abrasive in does the job, tcut, rubbing compound even toothpaste.
  23. The Honda stubby that was on my Zed is now on the DS3, was on the MX-5 before that too, worked flawlessly on each car
  24. Hahahaha, Hey try Oponeo online, I got my 19" dunlop sport max tires for £170 each rather than £250 each, arrived in 4 days!! Be careful with those in the wet great summer tyre, awful wet/winter tyre
×
×
  • Create New...