Jump to content

andlid

Members
  • Posts

    7,461
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andlid

  1. Sat in its new owners garage won't he be upset missing that bracket¿:-) Is that your old car?
  2. andlid

    hankook or falkens

    what type of driver are you? That and where you itend on using the Z would help answer your question. Do you commute long distances on motorway? Do you use it as a weekend tool, fast track days? etc etc etc. Would never ever touch Avon's again. Had the Avon storms on my bike and jesus you got great mileage out of it but rather be on the road then in a ditch. I find my Goodyear F1's great on track, road and rain (track they tend to get a bit to warm if you push it though so be aware). What's your budget like?
  3. so car had a sc fitted previously?? where is it!
  4. could have been true, wasn't. Everyone posting are within their right with their attitudes and comments, IMO. I woudn't try and get anything out of this as a turned down buyer but if people consider doing it they're entitled to do so. There is something called karma though and it does catch up with you (so consider that before taking it further) Go out enjoy the V6 instead
  5. looking good car,wife and your dad! Enjoy the ring, not jelaous at all with the trip or the ring!
  6. think I need some canards and a massive wing in the rear on mine now too
  7. I'd be very interested if that could direct air to the rad and the brakes on each side. Like funnel air through to it. Maybe even try and incorporate the following downforce setup? https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6U2J ... cs_010.jpg
  8. wonder why the airbags didnt blow on that impact.
  9. Again don't go mad spending... but buy cheap buy twice depending on what you need it for. I'm going to try out ebc blue rear they didn't break the bank but I'm aware I might need to spend again I'd replace lines all four corners at the same time dude.
  10. buyer prolly getting monies together now!
  11. forgot to add, good fluid 660 motul or the like and braided lines help too. Also some more air to the discs and calipers help too. Looking at a few options here myself.
  12. 1. how do I check if i need new discs? 2. what's the best disc / pad combo (I realise this will be contentious, I'll do some searching on this) 3. is changing this stuff something I could do myself? Is it any different to any other car? ( 1, you need to measure them mate and see if they're shot or not, if they're badly worn (uneven) you might want to swap em so you dont wear down the pads badly. 2, you need to decide how much tracking you'll be doing. for fast road use brembo discs or similar with EBC's will be good enough for a few fast shots (would not rate them for to much track use though, they're pretty abbresive on the discs too) I run a different setup now but can't comment until I get it out on track. The front pads are VERY good though (road use) 3, yeah if you're handy with tools there is no issues doing that yourelf. Also if you go for sporty pads you might want to conisder squeeling and dust... you can't have it all
  13. rain is a pain glad to hear you didn't wreck it. Reason I'm not out cruising this evening is due to rain. No point
  14. http://www.wetterauer.de/index.cfm/go/p ... hip_id/661 http://carlsson.de/b2b/index.php?func=b ... =-1&cat=18 http://www.kleemannuk.com/models/slkr171.htm http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?pag ... odell=3481 http://www.mkb-tuning.de/content/en/pro ... _gruppe=11 I was looking at the older engine type when I was looking at a Merc SLK, just had to much problems though so stayed away from them, not sure about the newer model that you're getting. Hope it'll be a good ownership
  15. this the one with the 1.8l engine? The one that you just 'chip' up to 230? Like the shape of the newer one, back to the old style merc's.
  16. SLK Merc, that'll be in the garage more often then on the road?? Which SLK btw... 500?
  17. The boost might be better with a haltech boost controller, might know that soon. Looking at swapping out the wastegates, think the haltech rocks tuning the car. Think I'll sort out the small bits then enjoy driving it for a year before getting into swapping stuff out don't like the boost dropping off like that, smelly springs in the wastegates...
  18. vids to come when I get some babys mounted over the weekend Will order my gopro tomorrow.
  19. Model: 2003 body 2006 engine Mods: AEM pulleys, SSV intake manifold, clutch and flywheel Engine:8.8:1 compression Wiseco Pistons and Rings (block honed to suit) Eagle H-beam con-rods and pins Arp Bolts ACL Race bearings (big end and mains) Genuine Nissan Gaskets APS TT (baby APS .8 bar) Dyno: Dynapack/www.tdp.ie BHP: 451 / 496 Torque: 507.9
  20. latest mod: New keyring... below is before boost kicks in. This one is when boost hits!
  21. not sure if to leave my car clean or not... that wouldnt need to be disclosed on insurance I'm sure since it's a nissan oem part... well done on the pricing dude.
  22. Will root up that thread and have a look, also take a photo tonight and see if it would look ok on an oem jdm bumber.
×
×
  • Create New...