The Zed Shed Crew does Nurburgring

Keyser

Good morning from the Nurburgring.

Celebrating Busters 50th birthday a trip to the ring was in order so yesterday morning bright and early we set off for the Euro Tunnel 160 miles later we boarded the train and were whisked under the channel to sunny France.

A quick spin through France and into Belgium where we hit the traffic from hell and spent over an hour in a 6 mile tail back.

Not to be beaten we did a few more miles on the motorway fuelled the cars then switched from Nissan premium connect to " Bob Nav"

A few villages later, one of which had a Nissan dealership displaying a Nismo 370 convertible "Bob Nav" found what must be the bumpiest road in Belgium . I think he was bedding in his new suspension ( or destruction testing it)

But after that he led us onto some awesome roads up through the forest and into Germany what a great drive!

After a few stops we arrived at our hotel around 9pm local time. With a total of 470 miles covered so far.

The "Crew" now consists of

Keyser + 1

Buster + 1

Andy James + 1

Beb + 1 ( his mate as his missus screams to much at speed) :lol:

Bennet ( no one brave enough to pax with him)

I am now sitting in the bar with Mrs Keyser waiting for the rest to join us for breakfast

, I'm only up early as Andy's car alarm outside my window went off at 5:45am and didn't shut up until 6am :angry:

Weather is damp this morning hopefully improving later so it's either sight seeing today and track tomorrow or vice versa :shrug:

Got lots of pics but on the iPad so up loads will have to wait.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and the weather is good at the lakes.

More updates (and pics soon)

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew.

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 14

Awesome, look forward to the updates.

Has Andy still not sorted his alarm out on his car lol. Andy you are going to have to park your car far away from everyone else now you do realise.

Have fun guys :thumbs:

Good morning once again from sunny Germany.

A beautiful start to the day as the sun comes up over Nurburgring!

So a quick run down on yesterday's fun.......

After breakfast the three amigos (Buster,Bennet and myself) headed to town and the local Nissan dealer :scare:

Bennet needed his AC re gassed to try and stop his boots melting and Buster wanted his tracking checked after that very bumpy road yesterday.

The outcome was Bennet has a blown seal and no one could look at Busters problem so Bennet decided he would just live with it and open the window while buster found an incredible set of twisty bits and tweaked his driving style to accommodate a slightly od centred steering wheel :lol:

From there to the nordschleife :scare:

So in the ticket office was 3 new to track rather nervous looking ring Virgins deciding on how many laps to buy.

4 was the magic number then back to the car park where the others basically forced Buster to have a sighting lap with Bennet.

10 minutes later a rather pale and near enough speechless Buster returned to us :lol:

OK time to pop the cherry - out we went, I can't speak for the others but my first impression of the nordschleife Circuit was

OMG, WTF, :scare: WOW, REALLY, WHAT WAS THAT :scare:

And back to the pits

Yer it certainly isn't dull is it :lol:

Just going to go have another panic attack as we are doing it again today, will try and update again shortly.

• Like 5

Sorry about that, panic attack over several croissants munched feeling better again :lol:

Where was I - O yes, back in the pits all high on adrenaline we jabbered meaningless waffle at each other trying to work out who did what where and on which of the 73 bends :lol:

It would appear Andy's pax was not over impressed with the speed and the number of other cars trying to trim the nose of your car into the bends, Buster seemed to have a blast though.

Time to do it again Buster insisted I had a passenger lap in the Ginger Ninja (with dodgy steering) I must say I loved it with 3 major highlights

1. YouTube corner Buster hit it way of line and the corner did what it does best and sent us into a tale slide, I had visions of us appearing on the next upload but Buster turned it into a beautifully controlled full on drift round the whole corner may of even made it look intentional.

2. Out running Andy James :scare::lol: apparently Andy hit a wall at 110mph letting us leave him behind. Possibly a traction control fault or more likely inlet temps getting way to high.

3. Racing the Renault Megan sport to the line with buster muttering "no, no, no way he is passing me" :lol:

So all in all a great day rounded off by a superb steak in a local restaurant with some great company having such a laugh my sides hurt and a big thank you to Lewis (Bebs +1) for coming up with a great line as I took a swig of my colabeer, most of which came out of my nose :lol:

Have a great day all more soon,

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew

• Like 11

Crap had I known I would have got the Z ready earlier and popped down to meet you guys!

Have a ring ticket burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Drive safe and enjoy!!!

Cheers

A

Good morning from the Nurburgring.

Celebrating Busters 50th birthday a trip to the ring was in order so yesterday morning bright and early we set off for the Euro Tunnel 160 miles later we boarded the train and were whisked under the channel to sunny France.

A quick spin through France and into Belgium where we hit the traffic from hell and spent over an hour in a 6 mile tail back.

Not to be beaten we did a few more miles on the motorway fuelled the cars then switched from Nissan premium connect to " Bob Nav"

A few villages later, one of which had a Nissan dealership displaying a Nismo 370 convertible "Bob Nav" found what must be the bumpiest road in Belgium . I think he was bedding in his new suspension ( or destruction testing it)

But after that he led us onto some awesome roads up through the forest and into Germany what a great drive!

After a few stops we arrived at our hotel around 9pm local time. With a total of 470 miles covered so far.

The "Crew" now consists of

Keyser + 1

Buster + 1

Andy James + 1

Beb + 1 ( his mate as his missus screams to much at speed) :lol:

Bennet ( no one brave enough to pax with him)

I am now sitting in the bar with Mrs Keyser waiting for the rest to join us for breakfast

, I'm only up early as Andy's car alarm outside my window went off at 5:45am and didn't shut up until 6am :angry:

Weather is damp this morning hopefully improving later so it's either sight seeing today and track tomorrow or vice versa :shrug:

Got lots of pics but on the iPad so up loads will have to wait.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and the weather is good at the lakes.

More updates (and pics soon)

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew.

Quick update before the evenings entertainment,

Bit of sad news we hit the track early although it was already hot!

As we headed out of the pits Andy stopped dead in front of me, Kim took over in my car and I helped get Andy off pit lane.

The problem was no clutch :(

Investigation seems to indicate a leaking slave cylinder so that was an end to Andy's track time :(

Buster had already gone out at this point so when he got back he took Andy to get some fluid and we went out for another lap, I will admit that the second lap was much more fun, mainly as you know what to expect of the other cars and feel less intimidated.

We managed a respectable 9 mins something, more than happy with that.

We got Andy back to the hotel and in true "we are all this together" spirit of things me and Buster left him to go and put in another lap at the ring :lol:

Onto "a lite bite" for lunch OMG Buster impressed me on that one I have never seen a Pizza that big eaten by one before. There is a pic on Mrs Busters face ache page I'll post mine with the rest on my return. But it was 50cm accross :scare:

Spent a bit of the afternoon watching others on the ring and wow they take anything round, motorbike with pillion, Dodge Ram (rolling road block), Renault Traffic van, a scooter and Mercedes ML complete with 5 kids in the back :scare:

Anyway more soon off out for some food and beer now :)

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew

• Like 6

Keyser, having seen footage of you in your Radical I cant believe you had any sort of panic attack ! Are you sure you weren't just missing the krispy kreams??? And needed croissants as a substitute?

glad to see you follow the top gear approach to breakdowns !!

• Like 1