What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Total War: Arena - Free Alpha atm - Freaking awesome if you like the TW series.

I didn't know this was a thing! I love Total War games I'll definitely check this out.

Can't recommend it enough! When I was opening up Rome, the news feed popped up with it, so it took me to this website - http://www.totalwar.com/arena

They send you an email with the CD key to type into Steam.

It's such an awesome game. 10v10, you each control 3 battalions. Start off with peasant like units, but the more you play, the more Exp you get, which you can upgrade your units with better armor, to then unlock the next tier units.

There is currently 6 generals. As you choose a leader, not a faction, 3 different famous generals for Rome inc Ceaser, and 3 for Greece inc Leonidas.

I was a bit wary at first, as I thought it was just going to be a pay to win game. However it's all pretty much cosmetics. You can upgrade your units with real money, but as you advance, you play with people the same level as you, so even then you don't necessarily win because of 'your awesome units' as they all have the same units too.

Early stages so far as it's in alpha, but it really is a polished game.

I just can't wait for Warhammer TW - That is a real game changer!

Anyone tried the new forza 6 demo out today?

Downloaded but won't get chance to play until the weekend which is just enough time for Dan's, Suits and your Drivatars to become awesome and crazy at the same time :lol:

Please tell me the demo lasts until after the weekend!

I think it does, yeah. I'll give it a go tonight probably! :D

Been playing MGSV last night, it's a bit weird. Okay, I've never played* any of the MGS games and I'm aware the back story is huge and complex and I don't intend to understand it all, but so far it's more like F.E.A.R. than what I expected. I didn't realise there was supernatural elements to it, as I'm pretty sure that a giant flaming whale attacking me from the sky isn't actually a real thing! :lol: That's not really a spoiler at all in case you're worried, it happens in the prologue which still took me 90 mins to get through and I didn't do anything really apart from hold forward on the stick.

Done the first mission proper, which wasn't too bad and cleared it with a B rating which is better than I'd hoped for. Tricky though, as guard movements and especially guard changes are hard to track, along with the day/night cycle meaning you have limited time to actually do things.

*I played MGS on PS1 for about 20 mins before getting stuck and giving up.

So I got Metal Gear Solid V a few days early and first thought, WOW! The graphics, the gameplay, the cinematics, the everything is just amazing. Even the prologue is over an hour long.

Anyone else getting this?

I want it, I might have to sell some counter strike guns and buy it :lol:

Or gamble them on skinarena.com and win someone else's skins to sell? ;)

I wish I had the guts to try but I know I'd just lose them all, like the majority of people do :lol: you see people win some crazy amounts on there.

So I got Metal Gear Solid V a few days early and first thought, WOW! The graphics, the gameplay, the cinematics, the everything is just amazing. Even the prologue is over an hour long.

I wish I had the guts to try but I know I'd just lose them all, like the majority of people do :lol: you see people win some crazy amounts on there.

Man up, how do you think I got all my skins gambling them was so fun :lol: Just gamble your duplicates if you have no balls.

Dude it's all maths! They way they've done it is so bad! You need to be careful about when you bet and you'll get the best chance; a quick breakdown:

- each $0.01 of skin value gives you 1 ticket

- tickets are assigned in blocks

So, if the pot has say $150 and 60 skins, if you put $150 with 20 skins you'll hit the 80 skin limit and have a 50% chance of winning.

To get the best chance you would need to put a big bet in the middle of the pot and hope no one matches you at the end, because then you have say the 20%-80% segment of the ticket blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have Dirty Bomb on steam? It's free to play. Good fun.

Also if anyone likes the sound of tactical nuclear war there's Defcon which is only a tenner. It's like a game of chess but with nukes instead of knights.

Alien Vs Predator Classic 2000 is great fun on multiplayer.

If you want to add me on steam it's suliktribal.

Dude it's all maths! They way they've done it is so bad! You need to be careful about when you bet and you'll get the best chance; a quick breakdown:

So, if the pot has say $150 and 60 skins, if you put $150 with 20 skins you'll hit the 80 skin limit and have a 50% chance of winning.

To get the best chance you would need to put a big bet in the middle of the pot and hope no one matches you at the end, because then you have say the 20%-80% segment of the ticket blocks

Hmmm not seen that method.

I used http://csgolounge.com/

Each skin has a value, say you put in 5 skins at 25cent each, you're better $1. If you're bet wins, you receive up to (depending on the odds, so say 5-1) $5 worth of skins.

It's such an awesome game. 10v10, you each control 3 battalions. Start off with peasant like units, but the more you play, the more Exp you get, which you can upgrade your units with better armor, to then unlock the next tier units.

There is currently 6 generals. As you choose a leader, not a faction, 3 different famous generals for Rome inc Ceaser, and 3 for Greece inc Leonidas.

I was a bit wary at first, as I thought it was just going to be a pay to win game. However it's all pretty much cosmetics. You can upgrade your units with real money, but as you advance, you play with people the same level as you, so even then you don't necessarily win because of 'your awesome units' as they all have the same units too.

Well I hate to **** on your chips so to speak but I tried it out, its terrible. The 10v10 format doesn't work, the teams are "too large" which gives 3 negatives:

- Long queue times.

- No strategy.

- No teamwork.

I've played 3, lost 3 so far and im done. You cant impact the outcome of the match because whichever team "groups up" wins via massing and out numbering the opponent, regardless of unit type/upgrades.

Edited by Sargara

Well I hate to **** on your chips so to speak but I tried it out, its terrible. The 10v10 format doesn't work, the teams are "too large" which gives 3 negatives:

- Long queue times.

- No strategy.

- No teamwork.

I've played 3, lost 3 so far and im done. You cant impact the outcome of the match because whichever team "groups up" wins via massing and out numbering the opponent, regardless of unit type/upgrades.

:lol: I love it, must be about 100 games in.

- Ques times aren't a problem for me, being a long term Dota 2 addict

- Start comes later on when you actually have to start using flanking maneuvers due to phalanx units.

- Granted, thats the only set back, you really need some friends to play with to make it a lot more fun

- Ques times aren't a problem for me, being a long term Dota 2 addict

- Start comes later on when you actually have to start using flanking maneuvers due to phalanx units.

- Granted, thats the only set back, you really need some friends to play with to make it a lot more fun

Yeah but most "team games" dont require teams of 10. Dota and the other Mobas are only 5 people right? Thats a big increase!

According to Steam ive been playing for 50mins so far, during that time ive only managed 3 games! (queue times + match length) and all 3 have been losses.

• Like 1

Just put in $10 in at the last second.... sniped $220 pot :lol: MGS5 here I come.

Just put in $10 in at the last second.... sniped $220 pot :lol: MGS5 here I come.

RIP! :D well played man! Free games are always the best!

I think I want to get into PC gaming.

I watch a lot of twitch gamers are quite fancy playing myself now. I'm a console gamer normally but there are a lot of games I want to try.

I like the looks of ARMA and H1Z1 and those types of survival games.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of PC specs I should be looking at. From the little I have read about gaming PCs, I know it's best to build your own instead of buying of the shelf. Is that still the case?

What would be a decent spec to play those types of game? Not sure how demanding they are.

Edited by jimboy2

I think I want to get into PC gaming.

I watch a lot of twitch gamers are quite fancy playing myself now. I'm a console gamer normally but there are a lot of games I want to try.

I like the looks of ARMA and H1Z1 and those types of survival games.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of PC specs I should be looking at. From the little I have read about gaming PCs, I know it's best to build your own instead of buying of the shelf. Is that still the case?

What would be a decent spec to play those types of game? Not sure how demanding they are.

Yup, build your own bud.

I'd budget £1k personally.

Case 80 - 200

Power 50 - 150

Mother board 100 - 300

CPU - 150 - 400

Graphics card 150 - 500

Memory 100 - 200

Hard drive 40 - 150

The above is the average range of pricing for a decent build (Don't choose the bottom end prices for everything. But that gives you an idea of the break down cost)

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1