What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

From Fodder's PM to me:

It's really simple. Take the closest guard out when you can, hide or Fulton him.

Switch the generator off, go hide close by and a single guard will come to investigate you can adjust your position so you aren't spotted. Take him out unseen and no one else bothers to look into it.

• Like 1

From Fodder's PM to me:

It's really simple. Take the closest guard out when you can, hide or Fulton him.

Switch the generator off, go hide close by and a single guard will come to investigate you can adjust your position so you aren't spotted. Take him out unseen and no one else bothers to look into it.

Thank you Ekona :thumbs:

Why are we not all playing MGSV? This is the game of a generation. It's better than GTAV, IMHO.

As an example of why it's so clever (in spoiler tags in case you don't want to know how to defeat an enemy really easily, but there's no story spoilers here):

On one mission, you have to defeat an enemy sniper who moves around the map when you get close enough for a shot. You can either kill or capture, but I knew I wanted to capture. I struggled like crazy, as the map doesn't have an awful lot of cover for you to use and the sniper can pretty much one hit kill you if you're not quick. I thought it was going to take me hours to get close enough to make the needed tranq shots, until I read a hint on the interweb.

You can call in supply drops for your ammo at any time, and you can also specify the location of the drops. They come in crates. Crates are pretty solid. Cue me calling in a supply drop on the sniper's head, and knocking the sniper out ready for capture! :D

It's that level of genius that makes this so engrossing. Completely out of the box thinking.

Just got to this bit. Didn't work for me, will keep persevering though. Just love this game, balancing stealth with speed is a real art....which I haven't mastered yet :lol:

From Fodder's PM to me:

Thank you Ekona :thumbs:

Thanks Ekona. TBH I wasn't really sure it was a tip as it seemed quite obvious to me. Use this quite a lot in other scenarios too ;)

Edited by Fodder

Why are we not all playing MGSV? This is the game of a generation. It's better than GTAV, IMHO.

As an example of why it's so clever (in spoiler tags in case you don't want to know how to defeat an enemy really easily, but there's no story spoilers here):

On one mission, you have to defeat an enemy sniper who moves around the map when you get close enough for a shot. You can either kill or capture, but I knew I wanted to capture. I struggled like crazy, as the map doesn't have an awful lot of cover for you to use and the sniper can pretty much one hit kill you if you're not quick. I thought it was going to take me hours to get close enough to make the needed tranq shots, until I read a hint on the interweb.

You can call in supply drops for your ammo at any time, and you can also specify the location of the drops. They come in crates. Crates are pretty solid. Cue me calling in a supply drop on the sniper's head, and knocking the sniper out ready for capture! :D

It's that level of genius that makes this so engrossing. Completely out of the box thinking.

Just got to this bit. Didn't work for me, will keep persevering though. Just love this game, balancing stealth with speed is a real art....which I haven't mastered yet :lol:

Works if you think about it, thanks :thumbs:

Edited by Fodder

Well, the missus fancied watching me play something, so she went out and got Beyond: Two Souls.

Interesting game....we finished it in three evenings and now grabbed the game the same developers made before

Heavy Rain

Looks promising and i know that people will flame me for not having played this earlier

Finally managed to pull myself away from destiny and install forza. Oh boy it's fun. Seems to know my taste too, gave me an f-type and gtr black edition as awards when I first started the game.

We should sort some racing out, I just need to drag the others off destiny now lol

Been playing ARK and Dirty Bomb.

ARK:

Definately 100% give this a go, it's early access and the devs are working like troopers to make a solid game. Much better early access experience than others I've played, although always bear in mind it could just change overnight, who bloody knows these days. You are dropped on a huge beautiful island with a strange interface cut into your arm, you most certainly aren't alone as the island is filled with Triceratops, Megapiranah, Stegosaurus, Raptors, Brontosaurus, T rex and many more incredible dinosaurs. The dino models are just stunning while the environment is lush and fully interactable. You chop, pick, bash, stab and maul your way through the jungles, swamps, blizzards and beaches, taming dinos on your way. Only so much you can do by hand so you throw a saddle over your tamed dinosaur and get to work. Breaking through the jungle on a stegosaurus, transporting huge mobile buildings on the back of a bronto, flying a pteranodon into a volcano or riding a t rex into battle, it all kicks ass. Oh, you can build too, you're going to have to because there's nothing more fun than an alpha raptor devouring your hard work in those tamed dinos. Or if you feel brave, head onto the pvp servers and bash each others skulls in caveman style, that is until someone takes an assault rifle out and blows you away.

Dirty Bomb:

I have a big love hate thing going on with this right now. I love the concept, they've taken the character layout from MOBAs and glued it to a fast paced FPS. The game is set in a post biowarfare cleanup london (I think, don't pay too much attention to the story), huge pipes and poisonous gas abound, you have to achieve certain objectives as mercenaries on opposing teams. Team sizes are 8v8 and the maps are designed to really funnel you into head on combat rather than strategically out manoeuvring each other. A lot of people dislike that map design but personally I enjoy actually having something to do all the time, unlike those tedious moments of having no idea where the enemy are in other fps games. You have a team of 3 mercenaries you pre select for the mission, you can switch each death so you have good flexibility in your play style, even mid game. It's a free to play game and for once actually has a respectable business model, you get two mercs for free and 3 are on rotation which changes every 2 weeks. So at any time you have 5 to play with which is great. You can permanently unlock the mercs via in game currency that you earn each match and I'll be honest, it's not that difficult. Each merc has a loadout card they are using, you get these awarded frequently but can buy them with cash if you really want to get the perfect card. The bad side of the game, the devs make retarded decisions, team balance is ****ed so you get pub stomped frequently at peak times, the community (like most fps) is pretty shitty.

• Like 1

I just requested a sniper rifle in a supply drop then took her out! Barely had to move, just kept her in my sights and used night vision to keep track then pop her each time she stops.

I just requested a sniper rifle in a supply drop then took her out! Barely had to move, just kept her in my sights and used night vision to keep track then pop her each time she stops.

We were trying to keep in spoiler tags.

Taking her alive is preferable ;)

Edited by Fodder

Just noticed you guys talking about "Metal Gear Solid Five".

I actually traded in my PS3 & games last weekend at Game for some money off this.....

MGSV_DD_PS4.jpg

It's the MGSV limited edition PS4 bundle ("MGSV Day One" edition). Have to be honest and say I'm loving the game so far and very happy I went for the limited edition PS4 instead of the standard system (which was cheaper even with double the memory).

Does anybody know though how to capture large animals? Like the other night I came across a brown bear but my tranq gun seemed to do nothing, ...well nothing but p**s the bear off. :lol:

Do I have to get further into the game for more of an upgrade on the tranq gun I'm wondering. :dry:;)

Edited by GMballistic

Cool and thanks for the heads up Dan. :thumbs:

I'm really enjoying playing MGSV but have to say I had no idea before I bought the console/game how much would be involved with playing it. Tbh some of it, like assigning captured soldiers to specific roles on the "mother base" is just going over my head at times.

Loved it last night though when I captured & sent back to the mother base a little puppy. :lol::D

• Like 1

In theory, you're supposed to micro manage the assignment of soldiers, which I started doing but now I just auto-assign via right click of the right stick. So much easier, and I don't feel hard done by at all.

That puppy is quite important ;)