What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

PCars is your only real choice, but it's bugged to hell on both consoles. I've not touched it for months.

Don't even go near Drive Club. GT7 is at least 2 years off, I reckon.

I was actually looking at Project Cars but thought I'd wait till I knew more about it, ...when you say it's "bugged" then what's actually the problem with it?

I prefer realism (simulation) type games to the arcade variants.

Pretty sure that rules out NFS. Even StevoD said the handling on the beta is very suspect.

I have had a lot of the NFS games in the past though tbf as despite them being less realistic some of the visuals (such as racing through forests etc) do make them great fun to play.

Thanks for the suggestions both. :thumbs:

There's nothing really good on PS4 yet but Drive Club isn't all that bad and assuming you've a Playstation Plus account you can download the core game for free (but act quickly - as they're apparently removing the free version soon)

• Like 1

I was actually looking at Project Cars but thought I'd wait till I knew more about it, ...when you say it's "bugged" then what's actually the problem with it?

Not sure where to start! :lol: Anything and everything mate, you get random AI collisions, cars stuck inside the track (not a typo), dreadful online system, cars pitting on the wrong tyres, it's just a mess. If it was one thing you could live with it, but it's loads of different bits. Will will tell you that when it's good it's absolutely immense, but you might get that hallelujah moment once every six hours of gameplay. A bunch of us used to play it religiously online, but since FM6 & Destiny TTK came out we've all ditched PCars.

If you can pick it up cheap, and I mean sub £20 cheap, then it's probably worth a go. Definitely don't pay full price though.

PCars is your only real choice, but it's bugged to hell on both consoles. I've not touched it for months.

Don't even go near Drive Club. GT7 is at least 2 years off, I reckon.

I prefer realism (simulation) type games to the arcade variants.

Pretty sure that rules out NFS. Even StevoD said the handling on the beta is very suspect.

I have had a lot of the NFS games in the past though tbf as despite them being less realistic some of the visuals (such as racing through forests etc) do make them great fun to play.

Thanks for the suggestions both. :thumbs:

I've been playing project cars for a while now on my PS4 and haven't 1 problem so far. I've played a few races online to see whats its like, wasn't bad IMHO but I much prefer driving/racing through career mode. The graphics are stunning and the pit / Tyre degradation is really realistic. definitely worth a go!

• Like 1

There's nothing really good on PS4 yet but Drive Club isn't all that bad and assuming you've a Playstation Plus account you can download the core game for free (but act quickly - as they're apparently removing the free version soon)

I haven't actually as I'm waiting till November when "COD:Black Ops III" comes out before getting my PSN set up for online gaming. Currently only MGSV so doesn't seem worth bothering with yet. Only a month away though. :D

Might leave off the driving game then until I can pick up a dirt cheap copy of Project Cars or something better comes out. Cheers for your input all. :thumbs:

Anyone else had a "blast" on battlefront beta? Finally got around to having a couple of games last night. MP only, single map on capture the flag type game.

Started to enjoy however with the limitations of the beta it was a little difficult to get a feel of what the final game will be like.

Played on Xbox one. Also downloaded on ps4 with a view of comparing but never got around to playing that one.

Not sure where to start! :lol: Anything and everything mate, you get random AI collisions, cars stuck inside the track (not a typo), dreadful online system, cars pitting on the wrong tyres, it's just a mess. If it was one thing you could live with it, but it's loads of different bits. Will will tell you that when it's good it's absolutely immense, but you might get that hallelujah moment once every six hours of gameplay. A bunch of us used to play it religiously online, but since FM6 & Destiny TTK came out we've all ditched PCars.

If you can pick it up cheap, and I mean sub £20 cheap, then it's probably worth a go. Definitely don't pay full price though.

Dan has nailed it in his comment. When PCars is working as intended it is amazing, best driving experience i have ever had. But 80% of the time it is ruined by silly bugs. Sound issues and stuttering, awful frame rate issues on certain tracks, dodgy handling. It is such a shame as this could have been the perfect racing game. I know many of my friends uninstalled it after a day which is a huge shame. I have been told numerous fixes have been released but ive still had issues.

FM6 and destiny for me.

I've stopped playing Pcars too. It was fine and i could largely live with the issues, but for some odd reason, all of a sudden my steering wheel became extremely stiff and near impossible to turn. After about an hour of messing with all the settings i found the value causing the problem, and it had decided to default itself to +100 instead of +10 that it should have been. Annoyingly this is one of the settings that needs to be changed per-car, and when i switch the console off and on again the default value of +100 returns. :rant:

There's probably a way to fix this but i cant be bothered... it's been relegated to the bottom of the pile. :dry:

Well I managed to get a copy of "Project Cars" for my PS4 from eBay (£22 odd including delivery) as I wanted to see for myself plus I have no other games apart from MGSV so needed something to break it up a bit.

So far I have encountered no problems whatsoever. I'm playing the game offline and am currently racing in the GT5 category of cars after completing the Renault Clio Championships yesterday. The graphics are great and I find the handling so far to be good although the Clio did seem a bit too eager for the rear end to step out. :dry:

Definitely glad I decided to give it a go as I missed having a driving game. ;)

Well I managed to get a copy of "Project Cars" for my PS4 from eBay (£22 odd including delivery) as I wanted to see for myself plus I have no other games apart from MGSV so needed something to break it up a bit.

So far I have encountered no problems whatsoever. I'm playing the game offline and am currently racing in the GT5 category of cars after completing the Renault Clio Championships yesterday. The graphics are great and I find the handling so far to be good although the Clio did seem a bit too eager for the rear end to step out. :dry:

Definitely glad I decided to give it a go as I missed having a driving game. ;)

It's only online the glitches kick in they've never bothered me that much been a big grid fan I found PC very easy offline what's your username?

I had a good day today... whilst out and about i discovered an independent games store near to my new house. Popped in and bought about 15 retro games, plus a preowned copy of Fifa 16 which i've been after for ages. A nice way to spend £75 and a new local haunt for me to visit.

Finally got around to picking up Forza 6, just going through the initial races. Enjoying so far with the exception of the kamikazi drivatars of Dam and Will :lol:

Now how do j ask for that wheel and stand for my birthday and Christmas?! ;lol:

Also still playing MGS V on the PS4, great game and got through to the second part. Love the fact the missions are pretty much playable however you want to do it.

• Like 1