What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

It's not impressive. Check Metacritic out if you want a broad sample of reviews.

Downloading the eVolve alpha test now :D

I'm in on the alpha too.

Shame about drive club as that would've been my justification for buying a ps4.

I liked Watchdogs, haven't tried the DLC yet, will probably wait for it to come down in price.

I've been playing Rome 2 lately, I brought it when it first came out but it was too buggy. 15 patches and 1 year later. It's now a pretty amazing game. Beautiful graphics and the AI can be quite challenging and make some clever moves (as well as many dumb ones).

At some point, it'll make the difference, but it'll take the Xbone a while to catch up (if ever).

PS4 is $400, Xbone is $350. Kid wants new console for Xmas, Black Friday is coming, parents wander into the shop and buy the cheaper one... Neither console has a system-seller game yet, but the Xbone has more decent enough exclusives at this point in the life cycle. Could it make a difference? I don't know. MS have been showing their strengths again compared with the traditional Sony weaknesses (the OS updates and the backbone of the network), but will it ever be enough to get past that point of "Yeah, but the PS4 is cooler than the Xbone!"?

A lot of the people who really gave a crap about the Xbone launch shambles have made their choice, and bought their console now. The majority of gamers don't care about 1080/60 vs 1080/30 vs 900/30 vs whatever, and they're going to start buying the console that either their mates have (PS4) or that offers them access to CoD in the cheapest way (Xbone) or that has more AAA exclusives (arguably Xbone at this point). At the moment Sony is very much sitting back and letting the wave of popularity carry them and MS are having to work ridiculously hard to catch up (I can only imagine the loss they're making on every console!), but at some point the consoles will reach parity to the point you cannot notice any difference. The PC Master Race are the ones making the biggest noises about the weakness of the current range of consoles: Those of us that have them really don't care, we just want some more games to play on them!

Both systems are really lacking that one AAA+ game that will have them flying out of the doors. Titanfall wasn't it, Driveclub certainly isn't. Halo 5 is over a year away and lord knows where GT7 is. Whilst I'm personally enjoying the games so far, I've not played anything that's blown my socks off. If The Order 1886 is any good then I might pick a PS4 up for that, but it's a way off right now.

Have to admit the whole next gen thing has not lived up to expectations. Everything that was showcased has either been delayed or significantly cut in scope to be disappointing.

Then again didn't stop me buying both the ps4 and xbox and ive had fun with destiny, horizon, forza and shadows of morder. I was just expecting so much more.

• Like 2

I went PC route instead of next gen, don't see myself ever going back to the console now, there doesn't seem much point. The modding community is great, you can pick up an old game for a couple of quid apply a few new texture mods and you wouldn't know it wasn't a current generation release.

Only thing I miss is my XBLA friends but everyone is on less and less these days.

Still use an xbox controller though, none of this keyboard malarkey

• Like 1

I went PC route instead of next gen, don't see myself ever going back to the console now, there doesn't seem much point. The modding community is great, you can pick up an old game for a couple of quid apply a few new texture mods and you wouldn't know it wasn't a current generation release.

Only thing I miss is my XBLA friends but everyone is on less and less these days.

Still use an xbox controller though, none of this keyboard malarkey

This is what I do. Playing GTA 4 at the mo, Gay Tony DLC, it's awesome! Graphics are top notch on max settings.

When I got the PS3 and XBox 360 it took about two years before games of 'reasonable quality' started to arrive. Then it was probably another year or so before really quality games started appearing en masse.

I expect the same to happen with the XBone and PS4. In the meantime I'm enjoying both systems and we have some enjoyable games for both.

We're on our way to Video Games Live this Sunday to enjoy some fantastic game music being played live by the VGL Orchestra, can't wait!

Yes, we are geeks :)

• Like 1

Have to admit the whole next gen thing has not lived up to expectations. Everything that was showcased has either been delayed or significantly cut in scope to be disappointing.

Then again didn't stop me buying both the ps4 and xbox and ive had fun with destiny, horizon, forza and shadows of morder. I was just expecting so much more.

Shame you didn't get Destiny on PS4 would have been fun doing some strikes :(

Which system are you mostly using Will?

As a standalone machine the PS4 is better quality hands down. I really like it, its compact solid and i love the joypad - my xbox is on its second controller now. However the xbox online system and infrastructure is far superior.

So i buy single player games on PS4 and multiplayer games on xbox as thats where all my mates are

• Like 2

Which system are you mostly using Will?

As a standalone machine the PS4 is better quality hands down. I really like it, its compact solid and i love the joypad - my xbox is on its second controller now. However the xbox online system and infrastructure is far superior.

So i buy single player games on PS4 and multiplayer games on xbox as thats where all my mates are

Not had any issues on PSN and Destiny apart from when they have fecked up the updates hopefully all the bad press will have got whoever was in charge for those the sack :lol:

Bought that drive club yesterday after 5 mins of playing turned it off utter @*!#..

Took back to tescos and exchanged it for the new CoD

What do you think of the new CoD? Sp and mp :)

Haven't been really interested until a friend posted on FB he's rather enjoying it, he's typically a good indicator of how enjoyable a game is. May take a look over the weekend but with my birthday the end of the month I may tell the OH to get it for me if she sees a bargain.

Edited by Fodder

Yeah, I enjoyed that too. I wish it was longer, and the slo-mo stuff actually gets in the way of the gameplay when you're trying to kill multiple bad guys so I turned it off, but it's still an immensely fun experience.

Killing Hitler was ace :D