What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Not sure if your into horror survival but I've just finished resident evil 7. By far the scariest and most intense game out there! And the graphics are insane! I highly recommend a darkroom, headphones on and toilet roll next to you. Can't wait to give it a second run on "madhouse" mode!

I did end up buying Infinte warfare legacy (for a reasonable price) and I've played modern warfare remastered more.

IW feels very cartoon like to me whereas MW still has that gritty feel. Not got to a point of playing MP on either yet and I keep going back to BF1 for that.

Just for GMB, I'm playing the Ghost Recon Wildlands open beta this weekend. On PC, with M&K, 980 gfx card.

So far? It's okay. I'm playing solo because I hate the general public, and the AI seems to be vaguely okay. On a par with R6V1 at least, which is good. There doesn't seem to be any way to point your guys to where you really want them to be, but maybe that's not what this game is about. I'm playing on Arcade (the easiest level), and it seems to be well balanced. Map is a nice size for a beta, and the amount of stuff to do is plentiful after 90mins.

Downers? Gfx are poor, to say the least. I'm playing on High, with half my gfx card memory taken by presets. I mean, everything works, but the draw distance is terrible (even on the opening cinematics) and the lighting and shading are from 2007. The movement of your character is suspiciously preset, there's little choice when to hide and when to peek out other than the default stand/crouch/prone option. Don't even get me started on the vehicle control: Let's just say that Outrun in 1987 was better! There appears to be a limited variation in missions too, but I'm only a little way in so probably unfair to judge on that alone. Controlling the character is ok, it's what you'd expect but no more and no less. No zoom on the sniper rifle is unforgivable though.

The sound is solid, nothing has jumped out at me for the worse which is a good thing. Voice acting seems spot-on, no complaints there. I'm disappointed in map variation, but then it's only a beta so only a small map open so far: Hopefully there's different stuff to see in the full game.

Am I enjoying it? Tbh, for the first 15 mins I really, really was. I felt engaged, I felt I had control, I felt progression was worth exploring. By the end though I quickly realised that I was getting bored of go here, interrogate man, pick up skill box, search for fuel containers etc. Same old, nothing changes. A random military faction popped up which gave a brief bit of excitement, but otherwise it started to feel like Tom Clancy by the numbers.

I counted the R6V games as some of my favourite experiences of the previous gen, and I'm not averse to an open world military shooter at all. This kinda wants to be a lot of things, but it's ended up being a lot of exactly what you'd expect with nothing to draw you in and make you want to progress. Once you've done the story I'm unsure what's going to keep you playing at all, regardless of solo or co-op. It's free all weekend so give it a go on your platform of choice, you may really enjoy it, but pay actual money for it? Sorry, but it feels like a F2P game rather than the AAA experience Ubisoft would have you believe it is.

• Like 1

Interesting read Dan and that's pretty much the same on Xbox one however there is an 'orders' wheel on RB but didn't dabble to be honest. As for the sniper rifle having no zoom that has been frustrating me too but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an unlock/upgrade.

• Like 1

Solo.... I'm anti social like you :lol:

To be honest I'm probably going to end up back on BF1 tomorrow.... not allowed gaming on a Saturday so I end up 'watchingn' Saturday tv while constantly looking at my phone :surrender::lol:

Only just bought bf1 and once you get past the respawn, run in and die loop, and you get in a squad and start approaching combat more sensibly the game is an absolute stonker, so good it's finally got me off destiny.

• Like 2

Solo.... I'm anti social like you :lol:

To be honest I'm probably going to end up back on BF1 tomorrow.... not allowed gaming on a Saturday so I end up 'watchingn' Saturday tv while constantly looking at my phone :surrender::lol:

Only just bought bf1 and once you get past the respawn, run in and die loop, and you get in a squad and start approaching combat more sensibly the game is an absolute stonker, so good it's finally got me off destiny.

Trying to get a few work mates to get a squad together in the meantime I tend to stick to TDM and look for squads which have balanced classes and try to fit in with a class they're short on.... to be honest I do try to stick to medic or support.

Great game though, a few frustrating moments but on balance great fun.... I don't mind being rubbish as long as I try to assist the squad through orders or support.

More GRW beta today. If you can get past the clunky controls (who thought standing up after picking something up even though you were crouching beforehand is a good idea?!), the terrible pop-up & lighting (the day/night interface over the hills is hilarious), the dire aerial handling (why are the helis slower than driving?) and the repetitive nature of go here collect this, then actually it's not dreadful.

I'm finding myself enjoying it quite a bit, however there's still far too many bugs for this to be a day one purchase and I can't see what you'd do after end game as the missions are sooooo similar. I may pick it up 6 months down the line when the bugs are done with and there's more idea of what goes on.

But no-one should get this on the 7th, you should save your money for GOTY Mass Effect Andromeda that launches two weeks later. :D

Is anyone still playing rainbow six siege?

I've got bk into it. Season 2 is amazing.. got me hooked again.

Xbox one gamer tag: Stuggerz

Shout me if anyone plays :)

I play it far to much such an amazing game. Only gold rank 1 but my mates are diamond and when you join there games its like a new game. The way everyone plays on diamond is insane I cant even compete at the moment to be honest but its all about practice on that game.

Edited by PPod
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing BF1 and up until this week mostly TDM however a colleague introduced me to 'War pigeons' last week and that is just so much fun. I'm sure most of you already play this mode though.

Also first on the map packs is released tomorrow which I'm looking forward too.