What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

I'm playing skyrim on my PS4. Loved it on the PS3. Wasn't going to get it but was bored waiting for mass effect to come out. Glad I got it, thought it might feel dated but it's still an epic game. Apart from fallout I've probably now racked up more hours on this than anything else on my PS4. Shows how the modern games generally aren't floating my boat these days

Given the choice of a regular 7200 and a 1080 or an SSD and a 1070, I'd pick the former every day.

I mean I don't as I run 2x SSDs and 2x 7200s, but in theory for a gaming machine I'd spend every last penny on the gfx first and foremost.

Given the choice of a regular 7200 and a 1080 or an SSD and a 1070, I'd pick the former every day.

I mean I don't as I run 2x SSDs and 2x 7200s, but in theory for a gaming machine I'd spend every last penny on the gfx first and foremost.

It all needs equilibrium :)

For the price of a decent hard drive I wouldn't skimp.

IMO.

Edited by TT350

I agree, but everyone has their budget and if you really can't afford it, you really can't afford it.

For a general PC yes, an SSD makes more of a difference than anything but for gaming, an extra 15fps is the difference between stuttering and silky smooth. :)

SSDs are so cheap that there really isn't much excuse not to get one, at least as a boot drive with some space for a few games, doesn't need to be an expensive M2 NVMe beast...

You can pick up 250Gb ones for £50...

And at that price you can buy 2 and string them up in raid 10 and be almost as fast as the top dollar discs. I'm reading a GB (not a typo) a second with a pair of legendary agility 3s. Soon I'll do the same with a couple of big Samsung Evos.

And at that price you can buy 2 and string them up in raid 10 and be almost as fast as the top dollar discs. I'm reading a GB (not a typo) a second with a pair of legendary agility 3s. Soon I'll do the same with a couple of big Samsung Evos.

You mean Raid 0? Raid 10 needs 4 disks minimum.

The Samsung 960 Evos are beasts. 3GB/s read speeds :lol:

Holy crap, I remember those wristbands! I also remember the old trick of touching a radiator before opening up a PC to ground yourself, same idea just cheaper.

Was a PITA dragging the tower into the bathroom though ;)

Edited by Ekona

Holy crap, I remember those wristbands! I also remember the old trick of touching a radiator before opening up a PC to ground yourself, same idea just cheaper.

Was a PITA dragging the tower into the bathroom though ;)

You stingy miser lol.

• Like 1

Worked though :lol:

Yep. I got my wristband with the kit. I actually wear one on each wrist.

I've been out of the PC gaming/building thing for the past 5 years or more so maybe it'd be good to build my own.

My old case is decent and some other peripherals.

I bought a first generation i7 rig when they first came out and pretty much just for the ability to play Arma 2! And it barely could because Arma 2 is so poorly optimised.

Apart from two GFX card upgrades it's been able to play all current stuff up until Alien Isolation. That's the last game I played on PC. Before that it could run BF3 on max as long as AA was off.

It's always struggled with high AA games regardless of GFX.

First PC I ever built, at like 16 i think.... i bought all the components, put it together, switched it on. very slight spark/flash and then it was dead.

after a few minutes of head scratching i realised the mistake...

... I screwed the motherboard directly to the case, without using the little spacer screws :headhurt: What an idiot. :lol:

I managed to problem solve it and all this did was fry my RAM, so i returned it as faulty and got a replacement for free, and everything was fine after that. :blush:

• Like 3

First PC I ever built, at like 16 i think.... i bought all the components, put it together, switched it on. very slight spark/flash and then it was dead.

after a few minutes of head scratching i realised the mistake...

... I screwed the motherboard directly to the case, without using the little spacer screws :headhurt: What an idiot. :lol:

I managed to problem solve it and all this did was fry my RAM, so i returned it as faulty and got a replacement for free, and everything was fine after that. :blush:

I did that once but luckily after re installing with the spacers it worked. "Yeah mum I can build you a new pc no problem. Cheaper than pc world"

I did that once but luckily after re installing with the spacers it worked. "Yeah mum I can build you a new pc no problem. Cheaper than pc world"

Funnily enough, unless you're buying used, PC World computers (or any low-end PC) tend to be really good value and turn out cheaper pre-built than custom.

Funnily enough, unless you're buying used, PC World computers (or any low-end PC) tend to be really good value and turn out cheaper pre-built than custom.

It was a lot cheaper than PC world back then. I think 300 quid ish. And this is 2004.

But now they are cheap there, yes.

I really hate bundled software though. I bought a HP laptop for uni in December Andy lord, the amount of sheer junk on it. I'm going to get a Win10 disk and do a custom install.

Been playing the expansion for BF1 and ithe new 'frontline' is bonkers. One round took close to an hour but I got about 30k experience.

Liking it but too many randoms

I was contemplating buying that but then my generous Mrs bought me "Tom Clancys: Wildlands" today whilst she was out shopping so I'm going to get stuck into that instead.

Got thoroughly pi**ed off with BF1 tonight. Never suffered connection issues but tonight had the lot. Steady 9ms ping with 60MBPS DL and I couldn't even run across the maps. The little I got to play of the new game mode didnt seem that impressive, got absolutely steam rolled and it was only 16 people aside?