Had to share this

Keyser

I have spent the evening going through my dad's old slide collection and starting to convert them into digital pictures using one of those USB converter things.

Walk down memory lane and all that .......

I did come across this though, the first car I ever worked on with my dad an X GPO Morris 1000 van which we cleaned all the rust out of undercoated the chassis and got running, it was also the car I learnt to drive in :)

2%2063_zpswzs66oxy.jpg

2%2061_zpsiu6owknm.jpg

2%2057_zpsjnicsfqg.jpg

2%2058_zpsktv3m3rq.jpg

2%2056_zpsg32db7sy.jpg

2%2055_zpsxwrv3uu0.jpg

2%2062_zpsndaypz1n.jpg

2%2059_zpsq8lpebf7.jpg

Ahh the good old days :lol:

• Like 9

That is looking good. What a fantastic upbringing.

It must have felt like a huge sense of achievement as a young boy to see it all finished, running and look grand.

So wish I had been brought up in the world like this.

I got sent to Girl's school and eveything, ballet, sewing - the lot !!

I rebelled naturally and made my summer School Projects on cars - which did not go down well with teachers or parents !! :lol:

I have even tried to do Mechanics courses in the evenings, but they are dreadfully basic.

I actually do know how to check my tyres, water levels and oil - thanks. They barely offer anything else.

Still love the garage enviroment though.

So, I just drive instead these days and appreciate car styling and the work others achieve, plus lots of Motorsport.

In my next life though.................

Nice one Wendy :thumbs:

I was obviously luckier than you as I found time between the ballet and sewing to work on cars :lol:

No seriously, I grew up on a farm plenty of machinery to play with on a regular basis :thumbs: