Not happy with Nissan Dealer

galgazza

Still having problems with my hood not opening and was left with little choice than to book it into Smiths Nissan Peterborough.

Dropped it off yesterday morning having been warned of diagnostic cost of £90 per hour.

Was called at 16.00 to be told they had spent an hour on it and its not a fuse. To look further the will need to start striping out and have booked it in for a further 3hrs next Friday ??

What do I do ? Could end up £400 down and still no answers.

• Like 1

I know it's distance from you (in Rochester, Kent - albeit on your "side" of the country) but it really might be worth you having a chat with Sly at Kaizer Motors - a trader on here. His reputation is excellent and he might well be able to help.

• Like 2

I Know I couldn't believe it. They said they didn't have enough time to take the seat out ?

They then said how may hours diagnostics am I happy to pay for ?????

I think I'd be asking them for a minute by minute breakdown of the fuse checking procedure!!! Shoud make an interesting read :stir:
  • Like 1

I Know I couldn't believe it. They said they didn't have enough time to take the seat out ?

I think I'd be asking them for a minute by minute breakdown of the fuse checking procedure!!! Shoud make an interesting read :stir:

They will probably charge you for the time it takes them to write it out..!! :surrender:

I went t Nissan Peterborough once when I first got my Zed and their attitude to me made me walk out before I smacked someone, bet it would have been different if I'd gone in with a wad of cash and said give me that new car over there, that's what made me look around and find Cougar stores who do all my work now. Willing to go out of their way to help and offer free advice like all the traders I've seen on here. :thumbs:

• Like 3

If you paid for a diagnostic then it's down to the dealer to investigate and find out why your hood is not working, if it isn't the fuse which would take seconds that leaves them 59 minutes to check the motor and anything else. Cheeky beggars!

The invoice reads - confirmed customer fault with roof, not opening, The roof will unlatch but will not move, have checked fuses all ok. Passenger seat moves, can not see an issue with seat as to why this would affect the roof issue. Further investigation / stripping required

That is one busy hour,

Fairly sure a decent diagnostic will find a code in the BCM guiding them almost immediately where the general problem is.

I don't know how dealers get away with it.

If I said to a customer 'yeah I had a look at your car and I'm @*!# out of ideas.......£40 please' I couldn't sleep at night!

The invoice reads - confirmed customer fault with roof, not opening, The roof will unlatch but will not move, have checked fuses all ok. Passenger seat moves, can not see an issue with seat as to why this would affect the roof issue. Further investigation / stripping required

That is one busy hour,

£90 for that info..The should have wore a mask..!! Highway Robbery... :rant: :rant:

• Like 1

Rubbish, I took out and put back two seats in less time than that today and I'm a mechanical re tard.

• Like 3

That is one busy hour,

Straight up, Id ask to see the service manager and get him to justify that bill - it takes 2 seconds to confirm the roof isnt working, 10 seconds to check the fuse and 30 seconds to move a seat, but more importantly, you could and did do all of that yourself before taking it in.

Id refuse to pay it, telling him he had just replicated exactly what I done already, there was no new information from their investiagtion and there were no special skills or tools involved.

• Like 2

On the flip side, main dealers regularly charge in hourly blocks for work, so you've been charged the minimum their computer system will let them. Whether they should be doing that in the first place is a different story.

If it had been me, I wouldn't have charged that bill but instead added a sum to cover the 15-20 mins or so onto the next bill once the investigation/rectification works were actually complete. Still get paid the same, but it's a bit more customer friendly.

• Like 1