Not happy with Nissan Dealer

galgazza

Cant say anything I have heard from dealers has been anything customer friendly, they wouldnt have a clue what customer service is - they just charge high rates and rely on people thinking they are paying for a premium service they couldnt get elsewhere.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn Nissan. When my cam sensor failed recently they wanted 95 for the diagnostic and I told them the PIDS Code errors. They suggested that it was probably a stretched timing chain and then quizzed me last time I had it serviced. Forum members made the correct call first time and saved me a packet

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 3

Robbers. How can they be confident that they will have found the fault for you after another 3/4 hours. As mentioned already - contact Sly.. Main dealers give our cars a bad name..

• Like 1

The car has been with Sly today at Kaiser Motors and he has found the problem with the hood, unfortunately it was the main motor but the good news is that its been ordered and in three weeks I will be topless in the sun...

• Like 3

The invoice reads - confirmed customer fault with roof, not opening, The roof will unlatch but will not move, have checked fuses all ok. Passenger seat moves, can not see an issue with seat as to why this would affect the roof issue. Further investigation / stripping required

That is one busy hour,

The only thing I can add here is that the passenger seat tilts forward when the roof is opened or closed, then resumes it's original position.

Whether a broken seat (or blown fuse for it) would affect the roof opening, I honestly don't know.

• Like 1

take a look on here for a Nissan Bulletin that explains how to service the 5th bow motor which is the first thing that moves on the roof after the stow away clam opens. There is a procedure that tells you how much slack should be on the worm cable, how to re-feed it through the motor using an external battery and is really easy to follow. At least the dealer should have known about this and should have looked as it takes 15 mins to do and can rectify your problem, If I can find it, ill post it up.

Edited by ZZZebady
  • Like 1

The car has been with Sly today at Kaiser Motors and he has found the problem with the hood, unfortunately it was the main motor but the good news is that its been ordered and in three weeks I will be topless in the sun...

I knew sly would be able to sort the issue. Always go to the pro.

Good luck

• Like 2