Junction 17 Cars, Peterborough - A Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

DivadElrac

• 4 weeks later...

Wish I had found this page before the dastardly deed was done and the Ginger Z had arrived on my doorstep. TBH I love it but after paying top price, the top service you expect from a dealer of "fine marques" just didn't materialise. Phone calls never returned about simple things that didn't arrive with the delivery driver. After a 700mile round trip to view and test drive the main problems were addressed .....Niggling faults to date but the relationship with Ginge is blossoming....ish..

Edited by isegrim

• 4 months later...

As a non owner, this thread has massivley opened my eyes to J17. Like many people, I have seen a few cars advertised on their website. Will avoid them now though.

The company SCC in Leeds looks half decent. Are they any good for if/when I go to view some??

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'd been on their site a lot and regularly watching eBay cars from j17 and was planning a trip up in 2 weeks.. I've cancelled the trip now, glad I took the time to read this post.

Has any one had any experience with EVO motors in Wiltshire?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks,

just thought I'd update you all on my post from earlier (months ago). I'm the guy who had the rusted bonnet catch fail on a Junction17 350z the day after I bought it (with a fresh MOT and inspection from them). They weren't at all interested, and were alternately bullying and full of corporate blocking when I attempted to seek my money back. Over 5k-worth of damage was done to the car when the bonnet flew up at speed, smashing the windscreen and badly damaging the roof, both front wings and the bonnet itself. It was an extremely dangerous incident - I was quite shaken up but uninjured.

Anyhow I ended up claiming the damage on my insurance, but pressurised them to use my legal cover to take it up with Junction17. 

I'm pleased to announce that about two weeks ago I was notified that (more than 18 MONTHS after the event), that Junction17 finally quit their stalling tactics and bullcr4p, and settled the entire bill out of court. That included the repair fees, my insurance deposit returned, and my fees for the independent assessor returned, as well (I understand it) as my insurance company legal costs.

I can only think that with zero possibility of defending themselves in court, they wanted to avoid the pointless theatre of it. 

Anyhow - as warned repeatedly above - stay away from this company. They should not be in business, and if our pathetic institutions like Trading Standards had any teeth whatsoever, they would have been shut down by now. Before you ask, yes I made several formal complaints - and yes, I've not been the only one to do so.

cheers

D

Edited by Hairyaardvark
  • Like 1

Never seen or heard of this place till reading this thread, so i had a quick Google and they've got 4stars out of 50 reveiws and 3.8 stars out of 170 reveiws.. having a quick flick through some of their cars and they've got 2 350s in.. and the engine light is on in one of the pics haha

http://www.junction17cars.co.uk/used-car-details/Nissan-350-Z-U1519/

And this import is there aswell, if you look at the interior pics... the oil pressure is nearly at the bottom, and the engine temp is near at the top...

http://www.junction17cars.co.uk/used-car-details/Nissan-350-Z-U1211/

Hopefully no one buys them and joins the forum after 

Edited by Rob350

3 hours ago, Rob350 said:

Never seen or heard of this place till reading this thread, so i had a quick Google and they've got 4stars out of 50 reveiws and 3.8 stars out of 170 reveiws.. having a quick flick through some of their cars and they've got 2 350s in.. and the engine light is on in one of the pics haha

http://www.junction17cars.co.uk/used-car-details/Nissan-350-Z-U1519/

And this import is there aswell, if you look at the interior pics... the oil pressure is nearly at the bottom, and the engine temp is near at the top...

http://www.junction17cars.co.uk/used-car-details/Nissan-350-Z-U1211/

Hopefully no one buys them and joins the forum after 

Jeez feel sorry for the cars being that neglected. :/ Even on a pretty heavy drive ive never seen my temperature gauge move up much if any. Assuming its just sat inside a shop to be that hot is just insane O.o

Bullet dodged for me when I was looking to buy back in July (and before I'd joined this forum). As they're fairly local and always seem to have a few Zeds this place was on my radar to visit and I'd even got as far as pulling up outside the showroom on my way back from viewing the not so local Zed I eventually bought. But for some reason I decided not to get out of the car. Best decision ever by the sound of it. Sorry for those that have had really bad experiences there.

Edited by ChasGFL

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, AnotherShaftedCustomer said:

The longer you wait, the more interest is accrued. 

If you are representing yourself (Litigant in Person) and are awarded costs you can claim for all the hours of work you have done. So time researching, time spent in court, waiting time, possibly time spent traveling etc can be all claimed for. All the stuff solicitors bill for. As well as postage costs etc. It was £17 per hour a couple of years ago.  It varies as to what is allowed and they can adjust down as they see fit.  I was told I couldn't bill for the legal books I'd bought but got all of the above in a private sale case I had a few years ago.

Edited by Kieran O'Quick
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Things don't seem to have improved at Junction 17. I went there this week to look at a "stunning 40,000 mile" 350Z. Despite having made an appointment, no-one was expecting me as the salesperson I had spoken to on the telephone wasn't around. After a lot of faffing about and a considerable wait I was informed that the car had now been started but was hemmed in. I went outside to check it over and found various scuffs on the bodywork, hazed headlamp covers and kerbed wheels. The car was very dirty - presumably because it had been sitting on the lot since September last year. The engine was running and the drivers window open. Without getting in I could see mildew on the seat belt and mould that had formed on the door capping. And just to complete the description of this "stunning" vehicle, there was a 40mm long hole in the fabric roof. I told the sales guy what I thought and l left.

Roger (Looking for a blue 350Z pre 2006)

11 hours ago, roger said:

Things don't seem to have improved at Junction 17. I went there this week to look at a "stunning 40,000 mile" 350Z. Despite having made an appointment, no-one was expecting me as the salesperson I had spoken to on the telephone wasn't around. After a lot of faffing about and a considerable wait I was informed that the car had now been started but was hemmed in. I went outside to check it over and found various scuffs on the bodywork, hazed headlamp covers and kerbed wheels. The car was very dirty - presumably because it had been sitting on the lot since September last year. The engine was running and the drivers window open. Without getting in I could see mildew on the seat belt and mould that had formed on the door capping. And just to complete the description of this "stunning" vehicle, there was a 40mm long hole in the fabric roof. I told the sales guy what I thought and l left.

Roger (Looking for a blue 350Z pre 2006)

What on earth are you doing gong there to look at a z in the first place ?

• Confused 1

Oh sorry. Didn’t realise you were a newby. This forum is here to educate and help existing and potential owners. AVOID lunction 17 or you will get hurt. For sale section on this forum is always a good start as the car will likely be well cared for and known on here. Buy with your head and not your heart. Ask up any questions on here as there’s a lot of experience and good advice for free.

Edited by Payco