Junction 17 Cars, Peterborough - A Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

DivadElrac

1 hour ago, Willsy1980 said:

Seen a mention of Midwest in this, ive spotted a 370z Nismo they have. Do I make the journey or avoid them ? Im reasonably happy with the pricing of the car, expect to get a bit off when I walk in with cash in hand so to speak.

Any horror stories involving them ?

Avoid 

I like to keep a close eye on the Z market and it always amazes me that I see a good car advertised privately and it does not sell. It then ends up in the hands of a trader, advertised for £2-3K more and it sells. Most traders buy in cheap and then sell on without doing anything to the car. Most of the small traders offer 3 months warranty, often asking you to pay for it, with Warrantywise or similar. You can buy such a warranty if you buy privately if you feel you need it. I doubt that any of them knowingly sell a bad car unless they have been sold a bad car. I guess that small fixes they will honour to keep the punter happy but are more likely to try and wriggle out of it if it is an expensive repair that will erode their profit or cause a loss.

My advice would be to treat any car from a trader as if it were a private sale ie. check it thoroughly and don't expect much of a warranty. I would always negotiate hard on price and then what I saved would pay for any fixes if need be.

2 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

Looking for a 370 Nismo, in White. Must be 16 onwards :)

But thanks for the suggestion

You shouldn't have much problems with finding one there are a few around, i bought one recently very happy with it, i don't think you will be looking for to long