Where did you find your zed

p34nut

I found what i wanted down the local estate. Then i asked the boys to go get it for me.

its on new plates now though.

well there are so many serious answers thought there was a need for a prat answer. :thumbs:

Autotader advert, drove 150miles to look and collect. was the 5th i had looked at before i found the right one.

Was looking for one for ages, but one day I was driving round the suburbs when I saw one. Parked my bus across three lanes of traffic to make the driver stop - hopped out the bus, and jumped into the passenger seat of the zed. The owner ran off screaming. I uzi'd her out the window.

Started driving round in my new car, then suddenly zeds were appearing everywhere! Saw one in a better colour, so ditched my current one off a cliff and hopped in the new one.

I now have numerous zeds, spread in lock ups across the city.

• Like 2

Autotrader. However, I wanted an HR Roadster and there wasnt many made so it made my searching a bit harder. On autotrader at the time, only 3 came up within 90 miles of my house. One was sold, other was in midnight blue which i didnt like and the 3rd was the one I bought at Nissan Birmingham. Bit of a trek getting there, and the salesman knew exactly how rare they were as I struggled to get a penny knocked off. Afterwards it turned out they had someone else also interested in the car who was already in the process of negotiation with them, but because I was paying with cash they decided to go with me.

If id been looking for a more common 350z then id look on ebay as well as autotrader does charge a lot for their adverts so only tend to be traders - whereas ebay seems to get much more private sellers etc...

Found mine on Autotrader and picked her up from Essex (private seller, which I later found out he was a member here too) all the way from West Yorkshire - No regrets

Edited by veeg33

I must say there's been some awesome comments come up on this topic.

I gathered the usual suspects would show their faces but was interested in the volume on each. Also to see if there was any places that popped up that I didn't think of.

I am looking to spend around the 5k mark on one with a 1k buffer if something really takes my fancy or use that on the start of my shopping list

Been looking around for a while and when I wasn't in the market for one there was a whole heap that took my fancy. Now that I'm getting to the stage where I've almost got the funds ready I can't find any that really stand out to me

Been looking around for a while and when I wasn't in the market for one there was a whole heap that took my fancy. Now that I'm getting to the stage where I've almost got the funds ready I can't find any that really stand out to me

I think in general the 350z and similar cars always seem more popular in the spring/summer months. Bit like how 4x4`s and such like seem to sell better in the winter months. Id do as much research as you can on them first and if you buy from an enthusiast on here you know it will be a well looked after car (normally!).

I've lost mine, let me know when you find it!

Not here :shrug:

It would be here if I had any say in the matter, but it's got a hell of an immobiliser on it at the moment. :lol:

That's a point made very well. I'll update my thread with updates later.

I didn't even mean to buy one! Went in to Westway Nissan in Aldershot to have a look at a GTR (Not to buy, just to look!) Came out having put a deposit down on a 350z. I rang the then girlfriend (now wife!) and said "Mind if I put a deposit down on a car I like?" :lol:

• Like 1

I was quite lucky when I found mine. A fairly local Hyundai garage took one in as a part-ex for a i10! The guy that owned it was an old guy who was a friend of the garage and was finding performance cars to much for his age. 1 owner, ~15k miles, apparently they had to pay him money for the deal.

Got mine from LMC cars Thurrock. On the phone the salesman sounded a bit of a 'wheeler dealer' but he was a decent bloke

I had intened to take my time looking for a Zed, but I got mine the day after I sold the TVR

Drove up to the peterborough branch of Junction 17 to take a look at Zeds as well; waste of time...

Mine as so many was advertised on Autotrader which I then followed the link to the local dealer/traders web site.

I was looking at a black Zed but that was sold unfortunately by the time I visited the dealer but luckily for me he had another Zed for sale and the rest is history... ;)

• Like 1

Autotrader, from a Lotus dealership in Newcastle (silverlink). My mate sent me the link at work and I was huming and hawing between a 276 with higher mileages and more of the common faults or a new one but the price was higher, couldn't get a comfy middle ground, so after persuading from said mate, I went fck it, called them on the Thurs/Fri, made arrangements, went down early to Newcastle that Saturday...came back up with a 58' HR with just under 16K lol