The Zed Shed Part Deux Build still going

Keyser

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all :wave:

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Sorry for the gap in the updates but I only got back from Rome on Christmas eve, I went over to check out the engineering on the Colosseum, get some tips for the Z Shed II :lol:

Well the roof is virtually finished, all the tiles are on as well as the ridge tiles etc they just need a couple of days to do the cement in the valleys :thumbs:

In the interval we have been busy on other bits inside :thumbs:

new garage door installed

S1051346_zpse4yd6hgy.jpg

S1051347_zpsfgcfoely.jpg

More boarding out done

S1051349_zpsvkefwltj.jpg

S1051348_zpsxywog3oy.jpg

Buster in da shed

S1051350_zpso5rqnpvw.jpg

First partition going up for the summer house / waiting room / smoking shed

S1051351_zpsmufkdsqa.jpg

Some old celotex for the sound proofing as much as the insulation value

S1051353_zps7mkbh7l0.jpg

(skip a few days)

tonight we are here -

Main garage partition finished

S1051354_zps5ozuruvr.jpg

that leads into the engineering workshop (AKA living room)

S1051355_zpsxhccqxfx.jpg

complete with heater

S1051356_zpsvwdmkfrn.jpg

on the other side of that is the store room

S1051357_zpsedpyfqmh.jpg

and finally the powder coat / spray booth (hard to photo)

S1051358_zpsfnjsl0ac.jpg

S1051359_zps5swg4fu4.jpg

More soon ..........................

• Like 6

the celotex won't give you anything for sound insulation for the summer house / waiting room / smoking shed - you need density - if its not too late add some 15mm sound bloc plasterboard - it will help a little more

the celotex won't give you anything for sound insulation for the summer house / waiting room / smoking shed - you need density - if its not too late add some 15mm sound bloc plasterboard - it will help a little more

Ahh but it was free (unless you were offering to supply the sound block as a late crimbo pressie?) and it's better than air, it is also 3mm thicker than the wall studs which gives the walls a very nice solid feel to them after you squeeze it together with the ply and besides it's a better option than throwing it in the skip :)

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of planning permission (generally speaking), I'm a first time buyer looking for a place and I can't find a house to buy with a decent sized garage, but there are loads with single garages and lots of adjacent space in some sort of useless green area (I think they are called "gardens" not sure what they're for :lol:)

Is it a big deal to get planning permission to extend an existing freestanding structure a bit wider - assuming it's not over some critical water/sewage piping?

In terms of planning permission (generally speaking), I'm a first time buyer looking for a place and I can't find a house to buy with a decent sized garage, but there are loads with single garages and lots of adjacent space in some sort of useless green area (I think they are called "gardens" not sure what they're for :lol:)

Is it a big deal to get planning permission to extend an existing freestanding structure a bit wider - assuming it's not over some critical water/sewage piping?

Colin can best answer that for you

Building Reg wise - a detached garage under 30m sq is exempt regs - if its even slightly attached or more than 30m sq, then you'll have to apply for regs too

• Like 1

The interactive guides you can access here should help to clarify when you need planning permission, but if you are not sure about interpretation then pm me

http://www.planningp....uk/permission/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Back :wiggle:

Hello again one and all, sorry for the lapse had a few things that needed my attention since my dad past in early December, that along with work and some family business I've been other wise engaged.

But fear not my fellow Zed Heads I'm still here and still kicking

Non illigitamus carborundum

So what's been happening on the Zed Shed 2..... I'm sure that's what you are all wondering well we have still been sorting bits out and last Friday these showed up

S1051360_zpsxxrykkcz.jpg

So with Mrs K and a Friday afternoon off we started to get them in place,

S1051361_zpsr3tsihcm.jpg

By 9PM we had this -

S1051364_zpsxnc7nk1a.jpg

S1051366_zpsry4dxrvu.jpg

S1051362_zps3uhiut9j.jpg

S1051363_zpstmuntwut.jpg

More in a mo :thumbs:

• Like 4

Saturday morning arrives and we finished the install set the max and minimum height sensors now we just needed a load test - of course if they have been installed wrong then the whole lot may come crashing down ......... What to do Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Then the solution presented itself in the way of this unsuspecting chap

S1051367_zpsc52nfzbz.jpg

"Now your car is parked in my new garage can you just press that button while I stand safely out side please"

And he did :lol:

S1051368_zpsxz7tfq1t.jpg

What do you know they work :thumbs:

So I let him test it further

S1051369_zps1druybzr.jpg

:lol::thumbs:

Of course it was now nearly lunch time but news travels fast and before 1pm We had another victim on the ramps to look for a knocking noise .......

S1051370_zpsctolgsn9.jpg

Another 2 weeks and the Zed Shed 2 Should be in full swing WHOOP WHOOP

More updates VERY SOON!!!!!!

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew :thumbs:

• Like 12