Beam Me Up!

steve916

Sad day.

When I was I kid in the early 70s Friday night re runs of the original Star Trek blew me away,everything was so hi tech!

Watch it now and apart from the transporter Room Gene Roddenberry was spot on with his predictions of future technology. Motorola K razor mobile fones spring to mind!! Lol

• Like 1

Sad news and I bet there is some distraught trekkies out there right now.

RIP

Trekkers, actually.

;)

Genuine sad face about this, he was a decent guy who kept working with the brand that made him famous right up until the end. Live long and prosper, Mr Nimoy.

• Like 1

Sad news and I bet there is some distraught trekkies out there right now.

RIP

Trekkers, actually.

;)

Genuine sad face about this, he was a decent guy who kept working with the brand that made him famous right up until the end. Live long and prosper, Mr Nimoy.

Actually ;)

A Trekkie or Trekker is a fan of the Star Trek franchise, or of specific television series or films within that franchise.

62DDB05E-949F-40F6-8F9E-BA00AAB1DEED_zpsj2vmgaky.jpg

Hanging up in my lounge...

1986323C-B24C-44D3-9911-96512F22E567_zpstjqwusob.jpg

I have others by Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, Avery Brooks, and the entire cast of DS9. Not forgetting talking badges, mugs, signed comics, statues, plastic toys, posters etc...

Full on Trekker here :D

• Like 2

I wonder if he knew when he posted that? I hope so. I hope he knew the end was near, and said what he needed to say to his loved ones.

he was ill in hospital for a while so id be surprised if he didn't know it was coming. seems fitting he signed off from twitter with live long and prosper.

• Like 1

I bet old William Shatner is gutted. It's like a real life version of the Wrath of Khan. RIP Spock. Another piece of my childhood fades away.Im a big scifi fan but not a die hard trekker. I always remember old Leonard in mission impossible and thinking he looked odd with normal ears :)

• Like 1