What are you looking forward to?

twobears

Nope. You would have thought that when you live with someone or get married that you would end up with much more spare time as all the cooking/cleaning/housework etc is now shared. So not only can you carry on with your hobbies and interests etc you also have more free time to maybe do stuff together etc.

However in my case the opposite has happened. I end up doing all the housework, cooking, cleaning, ironing, washing, feeding and cleaning out all the pets (not my pets I hasten to add), as well as any DIY, gardening & home improvements. So rather than gain more time, I actually have far less time than when I was single, to the extend that all my hobbies/interests have been put on hold and my entire life revolves around housework & my full time job. I am lucky if I get 1 hour a week to do anything outside of that, then I am faced with the dilemma as to what do I do in that 1 hour. Usually that 1 hour is spent washing the car once every 2 or 3 weeks (used to wash & polish it every weekend), or as I did this weekend that 1 hour of "free" time was spent painting the garden fence. Hardly relaxing "me" time. 2 months back I decided to spent my 1 hour free time to start watching The Expendibles 3. I still havent found the time to watch the remaining 67 minutes of it. :(

Hopefully you will be lucky!

Does the other person have some sort of dark secret about you that you don't want getting out in to the world? If not, what's the excuse for staying?

Im looking forward to retirement so hopefully I can actually get time to myself to enjoy all my hobbies & interests which I used to enjoy before I got married. Unfortunately by the time I retire in 30 years time I dont think i`ll be able to do motorcycle racing, bodybuilding, shooting, finishing my project car, or many of the active type things I used to enjoy as my body will be getting too old by then. :(

Still the hope is there. Shame I will have to wait 30 years.

this isn't what happens to all married couples, is it? :headhurt:

Nope. You would have thought that when you live with someone or get married that you would end up with much more spare time as all the cooking/cleaning/housework etc is now shared. So not only can you carry on with your hobbies and interests etc you also have more free time to maybe do stuff together etc.

However in my case the opposite has happened. I end up doing all the housework, cooking, cleaning, ironing, washing, feeding and cleaning out all the pets (not my pets I hasten to add), as well as any DIY, gardening & home improvements. So rather than gain more time, I actually have far less time than when I was single, to the extend that all my hobbies/interests have been put on hold and my entire life revolves around housework & my full time job. I am lucky if I get 1 hour a week to do anything outside of that, then I am faced with the dilemma as to what do I do in that 1 hour. Usually that 1 hour is spent washing the car once every 2 or 3 weeks (used to wash & polish it every weekend), or as I did this weekend that 1 hour of "free" time was spent painting the garden fence. Hardly relaxing "me" time. 2 months back I decided to spent my 1 hour free time to start watching The Expendibles 3. I still havent found the time to watch the remaining 67 minutes of it. :(

Are you like a married version of Stevo? :lol:
  • Like 1

Sorry to be so curious but why do you do all the housework rabbitstew? If you'd rather not answer then please ignore that question :blush:

Because if i dont do it then noone will. My house used to be like a show house and thats how I like to keep it. I spent a small fortune renovating it with all brand new stuff and so in theory as long as its cleaned it should stay like that. Ive tried ignoring the cleaning several times and it never gets done, or if i only wash up my stuff then the washing up bowl ends up overflowing with the other persons dishes etc - or even worse they just leave them lying around the house until it gets to the stage where I cant take it any more and end up collecting everything from each room and washing everything up. Even things like rubbish gets left on worktops when the bin is less than 3 feet away!

Sounds like a nightmare Rabbit :(

I still go to the gym (couldn't live without it!) ...............Sounds like you're really unhappy :( How long have you been married?

Ive worked out 3 or 4 times a week since I was 14 and this last couple of years has been the first time when ive just not had any spare time to workout. I find working out really helps destress and unwind me and its annoying watching your body change due to not working out. Ive gone from people commenting on how good I look to looking like ive never ever set foot inside a gym and being ashamed to take my top off.

what's the excuse for staying?

Pride and childen. Also the hope that things will change at some point. :thumbs:

EDIT: Anyway on a brighter note its nearly summer!

Edited by rabbitstew

And bringing this thread back to Topic.............................

Looking forward to the Welsh Trip and a weekend Trip to The Ring, then deciding where to take my main holiday - so many Countries to explore.

Hoping someone is organising a Europe Trip this year - need a decent Car Trip this year ..... to look forward to..........

Anyone ?????

Well, you might get on a club tour to Monte Carlo in April that I joined. I'm not sure how they are for numbers at this late date. Also a couple of us are thinking of either the Pyrenees or the Black Forest in September. PM me if interested.

Edited by yankeesiter

Looking forward to,

1. Motorsport kicking off (F1, BTCC, MotoGP, WEC, Civic Cup, VTEC Challenge)

2. Track Days

3. Road trip to France to visit the WWII beach's etc.

4. New Fast and Furious 7 film.

5. New Star Wars film

ooohh....are you planning a road trip to France? In the Mazda? You kept that quiet, you little stinker. Not going the same time as me, are you?

Yes, road trip to France in the Mazda. Surely you remember, we talked about this ages ago. You said we should do a French road trip together so I agreed. It's all planned, car ready, hotels booked, that special toy you like, bikini packed (yours not mine, I have speedos) and your favourite blanket to keep your little legs warm in the evening drives. I've even got your favourite Shakin Stevens songs on your IPod that you asked me to sort out. So, we are all set to go. I'll be round at 7am on June 14th as agreed :)

Oh and if I'm a little stinker then your a bigger stinker so nah nah nah :)

• Like 1

Sorry to be so curious but why do you do all the housework rabbitstew? If you'd rather not answer then please ignore that question :blush:

Because if i dont do it then noone will. My house used to be like a show house and thats how I like to keep it. I spent a small fortune renovating it with all brand new stuff and so in theory as long as its cleaned it should stay like that. Ive tried ignoring the cleaning several times and it never gets done, or if i only wash up my stuff then the washing up bowl ends up overflowing with the other persons dishes etc - or even worse they just leave them lying around the house until it gets to the stage where I cant take it any more and end up collecting everything from each room and washing everything up. Even things like rubbish gets left on worktops when the bin is less than 3 feet away!

Sounds like a nightmare Rabbit :(

I still go to the gym (couldn't live without it!) ...............Sounds like you're really unhappy :( How long have you been married?

Ive worked out 3 or 4 times a week since I was 14 and this last couple of years has been the first time when ive just not had any spare time to workout. I find working out really helps destress and unwind me and its annoying watching your body change due to not working out. Ive gone from people commenting on how good I look to looking like ive never ever set foot inside a gym and being ashamed to take my top off.

what's the excuse for staying?

Pride and childen. Also the hope that things will change at some point. :thumbs:

EDIT: Anyway on a brighter note its nearly summer!

Oh Rabbitstew, that is so not good :( You have to have some 'me' time otherwise you end up all bitter and twisted about life!

• Like 1

Im looking forward to retirement so hopefully I can actually get time to myself to enjoy all my hobbies & interests which I used to enjoy before I got married. Unfortunately by the time I retire in 30 years time I dont think i`ll be able to do motorcycle racing, bodybuilding, shooting, finishing my project car, or many of the active type things I used to enjoy as my body will be getting too old by then. :(

No....don't worry the missus usually takes over all household chores, pretty much all daily stuff, let's the bloke do the occasional easy DIY job to keep their self esteem up, pays all the bills out of her wages thus letting you spend your own money on the things you want and never complains about any of it lol

• Like 2

i can see clearly now the rain has gone... i can see alll obsicles in my wayy! lol 20/20 already and still a week of healing yayyy!

dare we ask - what was it like, what happened after

and you obviously can't see very well - 'cos you missed a t out and added one too many y's :lol:

Im looking forward to having one of my back teeth ripped out on Monday by the dentist. Have been in considerable pain with the tooth for a few weeks now but it got really unbearable last night. Went there today and they drilled right down through the middle of the tooth to try and reduce the inflammation & help the infection drain out. Got given loads of antibiotics and have to go back next week to have it removed.

Highlight of today's experience was the dentist saying "Im now going to grill all the way through the centre of your tooth, but I wont give you any anaesthetic. If it hurts, let me know and we can give you some then!" :scare:

Are you like a married version of Stevo? :lol:

Oi what did i do!

Looking forward to getting my bonus next month...

... and then finding another job. :stir:

Well I just got my awesome 0% payrise and my worse than usual ~10% bonus... now I'm looking forward to a job interview in 45 minutes. :)

Well I just got my awesome 0% payrise and my worse than usual ~10% bonus... now I'm looking forward to a job interview in 45 minutes. :)

Payrise? whats that?!

Better than a wage cut and no bonus though? :shrug:

Better than a wage cut and no bonus though? :shrug:

Payrise? whats that?!

True, but when it gets to the point where you could gain a 75-100% payrise by switching jobs you've really got to love your job to stick around!

Indeed its sad but true really, the only time ive ever had a pay rise in the last 15 years has been when ive switched jobs. I really dont understand companies logic. Rather than give an experienced well performing employee a payrise they`d rather let them leave, then have to spend thousands recruiting a replacement, paying the replacement the salary the old employee wanted in the first place, then wait 6 months whilst that new employee gets up to speed.