Just saw this comment on the 350 in 'car' magazine

chips

Nice!

I watched Top Gear the other day and there was a Gold 350z straight from Japan. Clarkson reviewed it saying crap about not being able to fit a dog in the back, stupid plastic (sun glasses holder ) inside and a drone to give you a head ache..

I do like Top Gear but this pi**ed me off on the fact that clarkson talks bullshit sometimes, on the other hand Fifth Gear loved it and actually loved driving it.

Edited by Chris Wiltshire
  • Like 2

I can't imagine getting in one and not being charmed, even if you don't fall in love. Clarkson is a tit, 'nuff said. I watched the one where he aquaplaned it in an M135i last night and then he spat the dummy, and droned on about the Golf mk 753.

Yeah, the clutch is heavy, the plastics are questionable, some bits rattle or squeak, the rear visibility sucks and the OEM aerial is off a dodgem, but apart from other Z cars, nothing else looks so sexy out of the box and delivers so much bang for so little buck (perhaps GT86). Men want one, women want one in one.

I can't imagine having another car that so consistently people ask me about, particularly non-car people who don't nomally rubber neck motors (several cougars I might add). Has anyone ever been asked, "Is that a Zonda mate?" as they climb out of a Chrysler Crossfire or BMW Z4??? Have you seen that look on someone's face when they ask how much you paid for it, then they find out it cost less to buy than thier brand new Kia? :lol:

When I got chatting to a couple on a track day and I did a bit of drooling over the chap's Caymen build quality and cabin materials, it was very difficuly to stiffle my boner when his fit Mrs said she much preferred the look of the 350 :cloud9:

• Like 8

post-21329-0-66069600-1424457637_thumb.jpgpost-21329-0-23873200-1424457659_thumb.jpg

Yeah it's a crap photo but it's taken on Phone camera while reading magazines in newsagents

Nice write up!

Just Added - but we all knew all this already! :)

Wrong about the 370 tho!

What was the magazine called ?

It's in the thread title, ..."Car" magazine. ;)

Link: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/

Bit confusing I know. :lol::D

• Like 1

I am frequently suprised by just how much attention my 350 gets, through such a wide demographic too, from kids to pensioners, all for a few grand!

Living in a town where expensive metal is common place, it still manages to attract adorning and admiring glances, comments from all sorts, some who are driving cars 10 times plus its value.

They may be better drives/cars, but trust me, round here, you wouldnt get those comments if you drove a M3 or Boxster/Cayman.

The woman in the local garage asked if i had won the lottery when i first got it ;)

• Like 3

Cool to see that!

Evo magazine loved it as well. I pay more attention to what they say than Clarkson does. Sometimes I think he likes just being controversial.

Or just plain clever!

Evo used my car in the "Affordable RWD" artical they did a couple of years ago-preferred it to an M3 but because of the bm's inferior rear end grip (much easier to drift???) the M3 came out on top, just!

Overall the Z was the better car-it certainly lapped Bedford a lot faster than the M3 .lol.

Cool to see that!

Evo magazine loved it as well. I pay more attention to what they say than Clarkson does. Sometimes I think he likes just being controversial.

The Evo finding was the main reason why I bought my first Zed in 2005.

• Like 1