Another snobby zed

chirag1988

On the roundabout which serves South Mimms service stop, M25 and A1. A lovely example of an 07 Azure HR (thought the Azure stopped in 06 and they didn't make it for HR?).

Anyway, 2 lads in the zed, I flash them from behind as I approach, come up next to them and give a thumbs up. Guy in passenger seat gives me a "weirdo" look, then as I move into the inside lane, he goes to the outside and the driver just blanks me full stop and take the exit going into the service stop.

What is it with these people? Is there really that much of a problem acknowledging a fellow zedder?!

Had a better response from a guy in an RS5 while we were stopped at traffic lights earlier in the evening. Few blips of the throttle to show off our exhausts to each other, a friendly thumbs up and off we went our own ways :)

• Like 5

I'm sure this is an exception to the rule.

Zed owners are normally more friendly than most and I've always got waves back.

I suppose you found one of the odd ones out who knows not of zed comradary.

Who knows.....there may be a "Nike Air Max" forum with someone posting

"I waved and gave a thumbs up to a bloke pointing at his Nikeeees and he gave me a wierd look!" :lol:

Don't lose faith......keep waving:thumbs:

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 1

When i told my dad that most zed owners flash/acknowledge each other he went is most z owners gay owners hahahaha. He finds it to weird and so did i at first espicially in glasgow if you give a wee wave then thats a sign for whoever to jump out and shout abuse haha

• Like 1

Yeah last zed I spotted and flashed was on A45

Orange 350 about 6 months ago I saw him so did a few swift lane changes to catch up, finally got level at a set of traffic lights so I gave my best smile and a friendly thumbs up, dude looked at me like I'd lost it and muttered something to his passenger and glared at me like he wanted a fight at this point the lights changed, I was turning right he went straight on so nothing more to add other than I thought if it's going off I'm going to make sure it's away from my zed :lol: only seen one zed since then grey 350 and he ignored me despite my best efforts to attract his attention :shrug:

Edited by tatooandy67

On the roundabout which serves South Mimms service stop, M25 and A1. A lovely example of an 07 Azure HR (thought the Azure stopped in 06 and they didn't make it for HR?).

Anyway, 2 lads in the zed, I flash them from behind as I approach, come up next to them and give a thumbs up. Guy in passenger seat gives me a "weirdo" look, then as I move into the inside lane, he goes to the outside and the driver just blanks me full stop and take the exit going into the service stop.

What is it with these people? Is there really that much of a problem acknowledging a fellow zedder?!

Had a better response from a guy in an RS5 while we were stopped at traffic lights earlier in the evening. Few blips of the throttle to show off our exhausts to each other, a friendly thumbs up and off we went our own ways :)

Have you ever thought that they are wondering why a total stranger is flashing them and waving?

Just because they drive the same car doesn't mean they are your automatic best friend lol.

LOL.....Maybe they think they are driving an Audi TT ? (Did I say that out loud?)

Or driving asleep.....

I always give a thumbs up if I see a fellow zed, same to the Scooby guys & even to another 4007 (they're really rare)......I am usually in the wrong car at the time though.

If the truth be told, when all said and done, doesn't matter what car you drive.....some people just aren't bubbly, friendly, thumbs up kind of guys like us ;)

I have never seen another Z on the roads around Durham the whole time I have owed mine so can't really comment if other owners wave but I do get acknowledged by other performance car drivers regularly, especially big engine stuff like S4's and R32 golfs etc...

Er, you sure that it was a HR as they were not produced in Azure?

Lots of DE engined ZEDs masquarding as HR's, even one of our very own moderators in his Azure who I'll leave others to name and shame :stir::teeth:

Mind you a 'lad' he isn't. :lol:(if not as old as some on here.)

• Like 1