Another snobby zed

chirag1988

Er, you sure that it was a HR as they were not produced in Azure?

Lots of DE engined ZEDs masquarding as HR's, even one of our very own moderators in his Azure who I'll leave others to name and shame :stir::teeth:

Mind you a 'lad' he isn't. :lol:(if not as old as some on here.)

That's why I put the question in my first post Colin. I thought the Azure stopped with the DE, but this one had the LED tail lights, face lift headlights and I'm sure I saw a bonnet bulge. But like you said they may have spent some serious cash doing it up. But then why isn't he on this forum?! :lol:

Lots of DE engined ZEDs masquarding as HR's, even one of our very own moderators in his Azure who I'll leave others to name and shame :stir::teeth:

That's why I put the question in my first post Colin. I thought the Azure stopped with the DE, but this one had the LED tail lights, face lift headlights and I'm sure I saw a bonnet bulge. But like you said they may have spent some serious cash doing it up. But then why isn't he on this forum?! :lol:

Loads of people do that lol.

I noticed something similar when I had my zed. I saw probably a handful of zeds in my 18 months of ownership and only one guy ever waved back at me, the rest looked at me like I was some weirdo.

However I did find my zed did attract huge amounts of interest though from non zed owners. I could barely park it up without people commenting on how rare or how nice it was. I remember stopping off at the local co-op one day to buy a pint of milk and came out to some complete stranger saying how nice the car was. Kids would should out "nice car mate" as you drove past. I popped into the local car parts place to get a bulb for the wifes car once and came out to find the manager drooling all over my zed - ended up chatting to him for about 30mins about them. I even remember when I took it for some new tyres once. The whole tyre place just stopped working on other peoples cars and ran around my zed like they were changing the tyres on an F1 car. At one point there were 4 fitters all working on my car. Mad!

• Like 4

Funny how most z drivers acknowledge another on the road, even here in Germany there are quite a number of them (probably tired of waving to other 328 drivers) who will wave.Apartfrom Brit drivers! Strange.

I think I must have the only Zed in the UK (apart from Steve zzzzz who I met this morning- extremely helpful info and advice, thanks Steve).

I've driven 1100 miles in the last 2 weeks, all around the Cotswolds and Oxfordshire and Edinburgh-Oxford return and didn't see a single Zed on my journeys. Where are you all hiding?

I love the rarity factor, I had an 11 hour round trip yesterday to collect my Z, I explained to my dad who took me, that I could almost guarantee we wouldn't see another one on the roads, we got round the corner from the guys house I was buying from and my dad spotted one and thought he'd proved me wrong.

It was the one I was buying lol he'd just taken it to be valeted.

The DE engine continued into the 2006 'uprev' version which had the LED tail lights and face lift headlights and came in Azure blue. It was the introduction of the HR engine in 2007 that led to Azure paint being option stopped. Hence all the owners of 2006 model year 350's had to do if they wanted the HR look was to change the bonnet and so the upgrade was relatively cheap for them, especially when group buys helped the purchase price. Obviously the pre 2006 owners had more outlay (if they hadn't already made the light changes). And quite a few 2006 models were still being sold 'new' in 2009 so the registration is not a relaible indicator of when the car was actually manufactured.

• Like 1

At least I've still got a Zed old'un :p

At least I've still got a Zed old'un :p

Who............me :surrender::teeth: