So BM is moving to Germany...Hello Nurburgring.....

BulletMagnet

Well, it's probably a good time to mention that I am moving to Germany in a couple of months time.

Yes, I am taking my Zed with me :D

So, hello Autobahns and The Ring.

I'll be moving to Cologne, so will be about 60 mins away from the Green Hell.

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 13

Lucky you going to be located so close to The Ring.

I have friends who live 2 hours drive away, they spend many weekends there, plus often trips after work.

Last time I asked he was nearing 400 visits/runs on the Ring. He makes an excellent Co Driver !

Yeah, I've have told a few on the forums, but kept it at that, because I was coming to terms with it myself.

It's was difficult to accept I was going to leave my place of work that has given me a good living and allowed me to enjoy many things over a period of 12 years.

Originally the plan was for my wife to move to the UK, but we both realised that in the long run, she would be unhappy.

So in my mind "Happy Wife, Happy Life" :lol:

It will be tough at the beginning and the Zed will most likely be stored once insurance & tax expire.

Of course I have prepped her for her new surroundings, hence the DEPO headlights, hence me knowing some things about UK cars in Germany and TUV regulations as I had looked into it.

Naturally, I'll still be on here.

Who knows, I might one day setup a B&B next to The Ring and offer you guys a club discount ;)

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 3

That's cool, and I wish you all the best in Germany, lets hope you like German sausages!! (Horrible things)

Yeah the TUV is a bit of a bitch...... but then there's advantages such as the Ring, Booze, Apple Strudel done the right way, and of course access to other countries in Europe, not forgetting the access to decent roads.

All the best mate :thumbs:

Iv lived in Germany for just over 3 years and even in that time iv seen many autobahns restricted but they are about, soooo enjoy as i do!!! Germany is an amazing country to live in and i am a little up set my work is moving me back to the UK!!!

If you need any advice about insurance prices or anything to do with Germany/ car anything, just jot me a message, ill be more than happy to help, but by the sounds of it your ready to go!!!!

Enjoy

Edited by Bobby D
  • Like 3

You m

That's cool, and I wish you all the best in Germany, lets hope you like German sausages!! (Horrible things)

Yeah the TUV is a bit of a bitch...... but then there's advantages such as the Ring, Booze, Apple Strudel done the right way, and of course access to other countries in Europe, not forgetting the access to decent roads.

You must of had the touristy decoy sausages, there is a wide range and some of them are fantastic.

But in terms of fast food, you cannot beat a Kebab, they are like about a million times better than what is offered in the UK

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Handed in my resignation at work yesterday and my official last day at the Port will be March 7th.

Good news is that also yesterday, I was contacted by my potential new employer to attend a face to face meeting.

After I sent in my application with them, I received an email informing me that they would like to speak to me in a telephone interview, which went pretty well, and according to people that are working there already, after the phone interview, you either get the "We are sorry..." email or you get the "We would like to meet you in person" email, which basically means you are in.

So exciting and scary (in a good way) times lay ahead for BM

Edited by BulletMagnet
  • Like 4

Handed in my resignation at work yesterday and my official last day at the Port will be March 7th.

Good news is that also yesterday, I was contacted by my potential new employer to attend a face to face meeting.

After I sent in my application with them, I received an email informing me that they would like to speak to me in a telephone interview, which went pretty well, and according to people that are working there already, after the phone interview, you either get the "We are sorry..." email or you get the "We would like to meet you in person" email, which basically means you are in.

So exciting and scary (in a good way) times lay ahead for BM

Fingers crossed mate, hope it all goes well for you :thumbs:

What do you mean about liking German sausage ?