Forgive me, for I have sinned... (Mustang Content)

Paddy78

I thought they would be priced higher

Still not sure on the looks though, looks too soft compared to previous models

All regular models are soft that's what Svt/Ford racing and Shelby are for

It's the overall look that is lacking. If you compare standard with standard, or Shelby with Shelby, the older shapes look mean. This one doesn't

I wasn't personally referring to power, just that I prefer the GTR as an overall package. Obviously the Mustang is a bargain in terms of raw performance for price. Having looked at some more pictures and a video I do quite like it. Be interesting to read reviews and see one in the flesh at some point. They sound good too.

Lots of car for the money but I think if I was in the market for a big square lump with a ton of power I'd be heading to the GTR.

+1. The GTR really is a phenomenal car. B);)

So 32k mustang vs 70k of gtr

Bhp per pound mustang takes it

Not really Stevo as I was thinking secondhand. :dry:

You can get an R35 for just a little over £30K used which tbh is what I'd much rather than the Mustang. New car or not. ;)

• Like 1

Lots of car for the money but I think if I was in the market for a big square lump with a ton of power I'd be heading to the GTR.

+1. The GTR really is a phenomenal car. B);)

So 32k mustang vs 70k of gtr

Bhp per pound mustang takes it

If it's BHP to the pound that's the comparison, then surely we're talking GTR v Shelby variant, more comparable on price.

All speculative at the moment, all will be revealed soon for definite, I'd imagine. Lovely looking car, and with the steering wheel on the correct side, coupled with the perceived cheapness, a bargain!

However, for most I suspect, when it comes to actually walking in a dealership and speccing the trim/extras the parting with probably closer to £40k, V8 or not, takes a bit of balls.

Can't see there being a run on them myself, too much snobbery about when it comes to American cars, which I don't subscribe to myself.

Can't wait to see all the threads on the new purchases.

All speculative at the moment, all will be revealed soon for definite, I'd imagine. Lovely looking car, and with the steering wheel on the correct side, coupled with the perceived cheapness, a bargain!

However, for most I suspect, when it comes to actually walking in a dealership and speccing the trim/extras the parting with probably closer to £40k, V8 or not, takes a bit of balls.

Can't see there being a run on them myself, too much snobbery about when it comes to American cars, which I don't subscribe to myself.

Can't wait to see all the threads on the new purchases.

£34,880 for the V8 with the fancy paint I want, Sat Nav, Climate control,heated/cooled seats.

What the price of my 70 was in 2009 with a similar spec but no V8 lol

Can we merge these two Mustang threads?

^^^ This.

You'd have to really, really hate Ford to get a 370 over the V8, you really would. These things aren't going to be that common anyway, relatively speaking, so I can't see them becoming too ubiquitous to the point of irritation. Hopefully they'll do what the 350 did, which is bring GT cars with a stonking engine and brawny looks to the mass market.

• Like 1

Wheres the comparison!?! It's a V8, the comparison should be with other V8's. Where the comparison truly is, is in the price, not with a 370 or 350.

Compare it to an old BMW M3, M5, F type, then it's super value, but a poor V8.

We get it Dan, you don't like the 370, man you're pedantic.

• Like 1