Forgive me, for I have sinned... (Mustang Content)

Paddy78

To be fair, I don't give a toss what car magazines write about cars... I'm sure there are plenty who wouldn't like the 350/370, but that didn't stop any of us. I'm sure there will be mixed reviews about it, but if we bought cars with or head's instead of heart's we'd all be on the Honda Jazz OC in our beige corduroy! :)

• Like 2

Just reading quickly at peoples views to this...... why do you care what other people think of you or what ratings it got in a mag? Go test drive the damn thing and if you like it, then hell buy it for yourself and no one else. Come on we have all had Nissan's on here lol we should be used to badge snobbery or not fitting in with other peoples cars haha. I will be getting the v8 that's for sure.

• Like 2

but do you want brashness and noise? I mean, I hate to say it, but I think if someone drove a new mustang down a high street, you'd be 98% despised by everyone who saw it (the other 2% being 7 years old boys, but most of them don't appreciate cars these days) whereas a bmw would slip by largely unnoticed, apart from the few in the know who recognise its an M3. understated is the key I think, speak softly but carry a bit stick.

I admire that ford have released a V8 mustang over here, but I just don't think it will work - we've had the Vauxhall VXR8 for some time now, and I don't ever see any of them on the roads either! (hmmm actually... I wonder how much those go for these days...)

Really? Has a Mustang never driven past you in the street or even whilst you're driving? If it has, did you not take a double take or near break your neck trying to get a better look?

I've seen a few 'Stangs out and about and every time I turkey neck to get a better look and hear it better. The pain I experience over the next 2 days after pulling and ligament is totally worth it :lol:

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

nope, my head swivelling moments are normally reserved for GTRs and Astons, or the odd McLaren!

seen the occasional Corvette which gets my attention - that's an American car I can get on board with, cos they are cool. if Chevrolet release the new Corvette over here in RHD for about £70k, I reckon that would sell.

In all fairness good luck to Ford and I hope they sell a few, but I really think the European market will stick with the germans for sports coupes (and maybe the Japanese - GT86 and MX5, I'm looking at you). Ford have priced it very keenly, but if there was a demand for a mustang over here, someone would have catered for it already. I mean look at sales of 370zs - they're a good, cheap, big engined RWD coupe, and they aren't selling very well. sure if you did buy a 350z or a 370z then you're definitely ford's target market with the new mustang, but me personally the mustang name and shape actually put me off owning one.

You make it sound like the Mustang is beneath you? I totally don't buy that you wouldn't turn your head if one came past... A V8 is a V8 no matter what the badge is. I usually turn my head for anything remotely interesting, but that's because I like cars not badges. :)

• Like 2

oh if I heard a V8 i'd definitely look round... but i'd be hoping for a TVR or an AMG Mercedes or a Maserati or something... i'd feel a bit short changed if it was just a ford mustang that drove past.

And yes, V8s are cool, but personally I've always been a fan of engines with two less or two more cylinders!

oh if I heard a V8 i'd definitely look round... but i'd be hoping for a TVR or an AMG Mercedes or a Maserati or something... i'd feel a bit short changed if it was just a ford mustang that drove past.

And yes, V8s are cool, but personally I've always been a fan of engines with two less or two more cylinders!

But AMG's and M3's are everywhere, surely it would be a pleasant surprise to a see a brand new 500bhp monster rawring down the road....
  • Like 1

I like the Mustang as it has a similar following to Jap cars. Yes they might not technically be the best in class or have the most modern approach to everything, but they have heart and soul you can tinker with to make it your own.

The new M3/M4/M5 will probably be quicker round a track but its double the price so it should bloody be. The feeling of pulling up next to a 'Suit' in an M3 whilst in one of these would be great, power to the underdog and all.

I work in IT where every car is German, mine sticks out like a sore thumb being low and having black wheels. I like it as it makes me feel special but some people probably look at it and think 'Who is this chav'. The V8 Mustang will be like the 50/70 on steroids. Some will love it more and others will hate it more.

Will post some photos and my updated verdict after I go see it next weekend.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 2

But AMG's and M3's are everywhere, surely it would be a pleasant surprise to a see a brand new 500bhp monster rawring down the road....

that's true, bmws and mercs are 10 a penny... and they're all in black, silver or grey. whilst im all for brand new 500bhp monsters... the mustangs been around for 50 years! the new merc AMG GT is the modern day equivalent, there will be much head swivelling if I see one of those!

that's true, bmws and mercs are 10 a penny... and they're all in black, silver or grey. whilst im all for brand new 500bhp monsters... the mustangs been around for 50 years! the new merc AMG GT is the modern day equivalent, there will be much head swivelling if I see one of those!

go buy a amg gt for 32k

i get what your saying

im guessing this car starts to show the devide between pay grades as the less think its amazing etc and the better off just wish to compare it to the latest run or german prestige coupes

as Thatdudeinblue says

its a smiles per dolla car if you get in a 5.0 for blast and dont enjoy it your not a petrol head

Edited by StevoD

go buy a amg gt for 32k

This little debate wasn't about money you numpty :lol:

I too get what Brillo is saying. I'd love an Aston or an AMG GT, but realistically, I'm not going to be able to in the next 2-3 years. I probably can have a Mustang in the next few years and it would fulfil 90% of what you'd get with those cars minus the prestige badge.

It is a working class hero and it should be celebrated for it!

• Like 3

I too get what Brillo is saying. I'd love an Aston or an AMG GT, but realistically, I'm not going to be able to in the next 2-3 years. I probably can have a Mustang in the next few years and it would fulfil 90% of what you'd get with those cars minus the prestige badge.

But wasn't the debate, not about what car you'd have, but what would make your head turn? :lol:

But wasn't the debate, not about what car you'd have, but what would make your head turn? :lol:

anything makes your head turn. a man running down the street shouting rape would turn my head doesnt mean i like it

Edited by StevoD

i'll be honest, I have made the mistake of turning my head for a corsa with a loud exhaust :( but the other day I swore I heard a Lamborghini outside - jumped up off the sofa and ran to the window, it was an aston martin Vanquish - close enough!

but back on topic, it does throw another option into the car buying conundrum - after all, it is a working class hero and there is no way of going faster for less money if you're buying new - however early aston martin V8 vantages are around £35k now, and you could pick up a really nice BMW M6 with a V10 for a lot less than £35k.

to be honest, ford could have priced it at £20,000 for a V8, but I still wouldn't buy it as I don't buy new cars - be interesting to see what the values of it is in a few years time - I personally suspect a similar aged similar mileage 370z will be worth more in 5 years time.

and yes, im getting older, aspirations are getting higher... I like to think i'm not a badge snob, but i'd much rather a BMW than a Ford, they're just better cars!

Edited by brillomaster

Brillomaster you are just wrong :lol::blush:

^^^^^^^^ This!^^^^^^^^ :lol:

A RHD, RWD 5.0 V8, 6 speed Manual, good looking muscle car for £35k.....That's a win! I'd have that over any German :yawn: car.

Possibly not over a AM V8 Vantage, but I'm torn on that ATM as I said in my post on the other thread. I would have to drive them both and I would choose the one that excites me more.

Edited by Sam Mcgoo
  • Like 1