Oh ****. Rear-ended by old lady in West London this afternoon.

dajw

Waiting last in line in traffic queue up to the Shepherd's Bush Roundabout. OH just about to take a drink of water and BAM! Water everywhere. Old lady smacked the NSR quarter. Damage is number, bodywork pushed to 5mm from wheel (too close for me to consider driving it on the motorway home) and a pixelated light cluster(it actually looks pixelated but in real life). Underneath looks ok but it was dark and wet. Car trucked away for assessment. Pics to follow. Hopefully not too bad, I'd like to keep the car, otherwise its a replacement and parts swap for all the tuning work!

That really sucks as I know how much you love that Zed dajw but as you say at least nobody is hurt.

Tbh looking at the damage I think you've been lucky there.

I mean you never know until parts start coming off & you can inspect the hidden areas but still I should think that will be an easy repair job & back on the road again pretty soon. :thumbs:

Sorry to see this.

If you don't already know this, make sure you use a very good body shop for the repair - pearl white is apparently the hardest colour to match.

I picked up a small scratch on my bumper over the Xmas holiday. Mine is in for a repair on Weds at a supposedly very good shop in Ashford (Middx) with a pick up date of the following Monday. If it works out well I'll PM you their details. Another good body shop is TGM in Fleet.

I've heard this. Pearl White and those alloys too... Both an absolute sod to match. It has to be perfect or it's going back until it's right. ;)

(In my job I'm one of those devil in the detail creative directors that won't sign off unless it is brand and pixel prefect, so I have practice!)

Sorry to see that - hope it is all limited to what your pics show, but it's what has been damaged that is out of sight ( if anything of note) that can be a question mark.

Admire your cool in the circumstances - let's hope it is sorted to your satisfaction asap.

• Like 1

It really helps to keep cool. Can't change what happened so best to keep calm, check everyone is ok and get it sorted. Other party is ok and admitting fault.

Just hoping the repair is good. As I'm claiming on mine then recovering back I get to be much more involved in the repair process. We all had a laugh when they suggested an Audi TT as a temp car. Sigh.

It really helps to keep cool. Can't change what happened so best to keep calm, check everyone is ok and get it sorted. Other party is ok and admitting fault.

Just hoping the repair is good. As I'm claiming on mine then recovering back I get to be much more involved in the repair process. We all had a laugh when they suggested an Audi TT as a temp car. Sigh.

they gave me a Mercedes E class when my Audi TT got hit :shrug:

Dam shame.

Should be a fairly easy repair. Pearl white isn't to hard these days to match.

You probably know all this any way but:

Check it over carefully on collection. Go in the day time and view it in dry conditions. Check colour match and panel alignment. No paint edges in door shuts. Joints should be sealed like a factory finish. Shouldn't be and paint around rubbers and door handles. All decals should be replaced and not masked up. And your Z should be free of smell and dust.

Sorry, can't help myself. 35 years in the accident repair industry.

Hope it goes well

J

• Like 5